HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Some screen shots:

From the video and shots, seems like nothing is taller than 800 feet?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 3:38 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
Yea kinda lame, I think they are just placeholders though but it does give you an idea.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 3:48 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Yeah they are place holders. I believe Phase II will add as much or close to as much square footage in Phase I allocated between mixed used and residential. There is the park as well, which will cut down on the total building footprint, but hey... no complaints on my end, I think the elongated park is a nice touch.

We could in theory gain another super tall or two, so we'll see what happens once working designs get revealed. I don't expect it to eclipse Phase I with respect to magnitude, but it will still be quite dominant if they are going to cram that much sq-footage on the remaining yards.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 3:56 PM

That truck trailer parking lot on 34th south of Javits should be turned into a lawn for the High Line.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 4:07 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Its a shame Javits couldn't be relocated or maybe even modified to build a top of it. The foot print is quite massive, and that could of been like a mini Hudson Yards light

From 34th to 40th parallel to 11th/12th... huge opportunity and a ton of land in theory. With the renovation/expansion of Javits, its highly unlikely, but would of been a good prospect.

There's a Manhattan Mini Storage within the area that should be replaced as well IMO.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Its a shame Javits couldn't be relocated or maybe even modified to build a top of it. The foot print is quite massive, and that could of been like a mini Hudson Yards light

From 34th to 40th parallel to 11th/12th... huge opportunity and a ton of land in theory. With the renovation/expansion of Javits, its highly unlikely, but would of been a good prospect.

There's a Manhattan Mini Storage within the area that should be replaced as well IMO.
Javits is the perfect height already for anything that close to the river. Skylines should taper towards the water.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 4:28 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigher View Post
I don't see much excitement just a group of shiny buildings thrown together. It desperately needed that Hudson Spire.
The Hudson Spire was never a part of the railyards plan, and wouldn't have been shown in that rendering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Yea kinda lame, I think they are just placeholders though but it does give you an idea.

That's exactly what they are, and have been around for at least 5 years. If and when we see actual proposals for the sites, keep in mind that, just like the first phase, the designs will vary before anything is actually built. It's pretty much this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerDude View Post
That truck trailer parking lot on 34th south of Javits should be turned into a lawn for the High Line.
The truck yards is currently in the process of being removed.
https://market.javitscenter.com/new-...javits-center/

The state will then bid that land out for redevelopment.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 7:17 PM

Yeah and they should be developed into a lawn.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2020, 4:49 PM
New Yorker for life

https://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/d...r/western-yard

Quote:
THE WESTERN YARD IS WHAT'S NEXT

Phase 2 of development at Hudson Yards is the Western Yard, occupying the area from 11th to 12th Avenues between West 30th and West 33rd Streets. Upon completion, the Western Yard will include approximately 6,220,000 square feet, incorporating several residential towers, an office complex and a school serving K-8th grade students.

OFFICE: 2,000,000 SF
RESIDENTIAL: 4,000,000 SF
RETAIL: 100,000 SF
SCHOOL: 120,000 SF

https://patch.com/new-york/midtown-n...d-phase-report

Swanky Hudson Yards Wants $1B In Federal Cash To Expand
The loan would fund the construction of a platform over the existing rail yard that would prop up more skyscraper developments.

By Brendan Krisel, Patch Staff
Feb 25, 2020

Quote:
Hudson Yards builders are applying for a federal loan to finance the second phase of the west side neighborhood's development, according to reports.

Related Companies is partnering with Amtrak for a $1 billion loan through the federal government's Railroad Rehabilitation and Improvement Financing program, Politico New York first reported. Amtrak's partnership is necessary for Related to acquire money through the program, which requires that a railroad be involved with any project that receives funding, according to the report.

Funds from the load would be used to create a massive platform above the remaining exposed section of the west side rail yards atop which Hudson Yards is being built, Politico reported. Amtrak benefits from the agreement because Related is committing to build a stretch of the agency's planned Gateway Tunnel that will run beneath Hudson yards. Under the terms of the deal, Amtrak would pay Related $385 million for the infrastructure work but get some of that money back if Related secures the low-interest federal loan, Politco reported.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 8:12 PM
New Yorker for life

I try to imagine how any of this would have played out had Moses's expressway been built...

https://nyc-urbanism.tumblr.com/

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 10:51 PM

Screw Robert Moses. That is all

Old Posted Mar 12, 2020, 2:14 PM

Hands off my truck yard, lawn enthusiasts!

That's where the Megatall is going!

Old Posted Mar 12, 2020, 4:40 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionist View Post
Hands off my truck yard, lawn enthusiasts!

That's where the Megatall is going!
Lol, there's enough open space in Hudson Yards anyway. When the state puts it up for bid, it won't be for a park. I think Related already has eyes on it, look at this older site plan...

Old Posted Mar 14, 2020, 3:24 PM

Old Posted Mar 14, 2020, 6:50 PM

Wow those are very tall, hope we get more details soon. Loving it so far

Old Posted Mar 14, 2020, 8:05 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterQM View Post
Are those current? They look great.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2020, 1:39 AM
New Yorker for life

Hard to judge on something like that. Here''s Ross talking about the second phase a few years ago...

Video Link

Video Link

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 15, 2020 at 1:49 AM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2020, 10:03 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

people had a fit about the parking garage wall-off fiasco, and rightly so, but according to that render/model pic the west side highline is covered over by one or even two apt towers.

hmm.

i guess it would be fine if its as well done as the coach tower.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2020, 10:47 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
people had a fit about the parking garage wall-off fiasco, and rightly so, but according to that render/model pic the west side highline is covered over by one or even two apt towers.

hmm.

i guess it would be fine if its as well done as the coach tower.

It's always been like that. But that's the way the High Line winds its way up Manhattan, so I doubt it would be too much of an issue.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAD

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAD

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 2:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Looks like a Gehry in the back (office tower) and 2 Calatrava towers in the middle, including the tallest. Still can't judge much on the designs from this depiction.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-rHqH_JFK_/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals