HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Didn't they just renovate the first floor a couple years ago?
They did a partial remodel on the retail, this one is mostly the outside facade

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 6:29 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Didn't they just renovate the first floor a couple years ago?
The renovated the interior and just added outdoor seating and garage door style window openings. This one is replacing facade around the outdoor supporting columns and the eave over the sidewalk around the 3 sides facing streets. The area is currently fenced off and the facade has already been removed.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
They're really talking up luxury hotel being a big deal, might be affected by the virus.

http://thunderbirdlegacydevelopment.com/
Never heard of Thunderbird Legacy Development and there doesn't appear to be much info (that I've found). Just sayin'

Ahh, I missed their pdf; this is to be an 'opportunity zone' project. This could take awhile. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
With the recent approval of the 8 year GPLET and them closing on the land they should be starting construction very soon.

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/0...lls-for-2-85m/
PMG is notorious for not providing renderings FWIW.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 8:23 PM

I am very excited about the "The Blue" project. I saw the Facebook post and people are upset that they may demolish the building but the rendering looks like it incorporates the building in the design, so I am confused over the backlash. The warehouse district to me looks desolate. It's like Downtown stopped after Jefferson. What I fear is this building in the future abandoned

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 8:26 PM

It's interesting, isn't it? The mindset that things can't evolve, rather they must stay the way they have always been. That's now what begets progress, guys. Some day there will be a lot of life in the Warehouse District and ideas like this one are the ones that will jump-start it.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 8:52 PM

I think some of the reservations from PreservePhx and other preservationist groups come from scenarios like the Stewart. Once the historic overlay is removed, nothing is holding the developer from changing their mind except their word.

Some pushback might also come from Michael Levine, responsible for a number of renovations in the Warehouse District, who believes no residents should live in the area.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 9:14 PM

It's a silly old expression but if you want to make an omelet you have to crack a few eggs.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 9:38 PM

Most of the buildings in the warehouse district are out of code and not being used. I will be honest and say that I don't go to the warehouse district or know a lot of the history so I probably shouldn't be saying much on it but I don't want a scenario where these buildings are beyond repair and have to be demolished. I really want to preserve those buildings but there is no foot traffic there yet. I think it would be best to develop the area so that more people want to live in that district and revitalize the buildings.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 9:44 PM

I travel a lot both domestically and internationally, and while I am not claiming to be the top expert in adaptive re-use, it should be noted that all of the best historic areas in cities that I've been to had a mix of old and new. Old Market in Omaha, Bricktown in OKC, West Loop in Chicago, LoDo and RiNo in Denver. They all have experienced tear downs of multiple "historic" buildings and survived.

We need to be honest with ourselves and accept that in order for a neighborhood to become truly functional the way we want, we're going to lose a few buildings.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 3:49 AM

My wife got back from Omaha yesterday, actually. She said their Old Market area was really cool!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 6:10 PM

Wow really slow news the last couple of days. Here's hopeing this last quarter brings us some surprises.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 11:09 PM

I was doing some browsing and saw new images for the Knipe Village development. I am still new and not sure how to add images or pictures on here but they look like new rendering to me but I could be reaching. It's a slow news day lol

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 11:13 PM

if you post a link to the photos website I will show you how to post them.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 12:16 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDelon View Post
I was doing some browsing and saw new images for the Knipe Village development. I am still new and not sure how to add images or pictures on here but they look like new rendering to me but I could be reaching. It's a slow news day lol
True North has had several renderings of Knipe Village with varying revisions. I believe this is the most current rendering which should be the final design. It's what is posted on the sign in front of the lot and also what I received in my records request earlier this year.

Right now, the project appears to be on hold after they have pulled all construction equipment (including construction office trailers) from the lot and they repaved the street.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 3:58 AM
Modulator

I haven't been following project permits much lately. Since it's late and a slow news week, decided to check for updates. Quite a bit going on. Note that a lot of these are showing as "Not Issued". From what I can tell and as another forumer had pointed out, the developers have not paid the fees yet. But the fact they are being submitted means to me, they are moving.

Garfield Place - Two site pads and a fire safety submitted on Monday. They do not appear to be wasting any time on submitting these after getting city approval last week. I have a feeling this one is going to go up quickly similar to how Link came out of nowhere.

Edith - Landscaping, lot combo and a couple other minor permits submitted on the 16th and 17th. Looks like Edith has a ton of permits sitting there now from the last few months. Not sure if any of the ones that are showing as "Not Issued" have changed status or not. But it seems this one should be close to moving.

Jefferson Place: Plan Review submitted on the 14th. Glad to see something going on with this. I submitted a records request on this when the Fact Finding was submitted back in June. I didn't get anything updated. May try again with the PAPP.

Union Phase 2 - A steady flow of permits up until just last week. This one should be almost ready to move as well.

That's all I could find. Nothing else on the rest of our big projects.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 4:07 AM

Thanks Crested for the information. It's nice to know projects are moving along. Like I posted before hope we can get some surprises this last quarter.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 7:30 PM

Yeah I saw that rendering of the Knipe Village but the rendering I saw on the Katerra website looked different and more renderings but they might be old and I just never realized those renderings before.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
I haven't been following project permits much lately. Since it's late and a slow news week, decided to check for updates. Quite a bit going on. Note that a lot of these are showing as "Not Issued". From what I can tell and as another forumer had pointed out, the developers have not paid the fees yet. But the fact they are being submitted means to me, they are moving.

Garfield Place - Two site pads and a fire safety submitted on Monday. They do not appear to be wasting any time on submitting these after getting city approval last week. I have a feeling this one is going to go up quickly similar to how Link came out of nowhere.

Edith - Landscaping, lot combo and a couple other minor permits submitted on the 16th and 17th. Looks like Edith has a ton of permits sitting there now from the last few months. Not sure if any of the ones that are showing as "Not Issued" have changed status or not. But it seems this one should be close to moving.

Jefferson Place: Plan Review submitted on the 14th. Glad to see something going on with this. I submitted a records request on this when the Fact Finding was submitted back in June. I didn't get anything updated. May try again with the PAPP.

Union Phase 2 - A steady flow of permits up until just last week. This one should be almost ready to move as well.

That's all I could find. Nothing else on the rest of our big projects.

What is Garfield Place and Edith?

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 1:29 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
What is Garfield Place and Edith?
Sorry, meant Garfield House not Place. Edith is the Hanny's lot development.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 2:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Sorry, meant Garfield House not Place. Edith is the Hanny's lot development.
Cool, so what’s Garfield House?lol

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest