HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Apr 5, 2017, 7:18 PM
Urbis Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee View Post
As long as the sheeple keep queuing up for Chicken For Lunch, that food court is not going anywhere soon. Maybe a reno.
I agree, Scotia food court is due for a reno same with Commerce Place.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 3:02 AM

Stopped by Kingsway Mall to replenish some wardrobe.
  • The Bay is undergoing a major renovation, with almost all of the eastern half of the 1st floor closed off. Here's hoping the quality of the location improves dramatically.
  • HMV in this mall is still open for another 8 days.
  • There are some large empty bays throughout the mall, although "coming soon" signage indicates they'll be filled up soon, Unlike the oversized empty bay hoarding at ECC, the ones in this mall do not impede foot traffic.
  • Not a lot of foot traffic inside the mall, then again its a weeknight.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 12:19 AM
unstoppable

Quote:
Went down to The Source at ECC late yesterday. They said they were moving to another location within the mall at the end of June. New space TBD.
The Source is moving to the Infiniti Leather space. Infiniti Leather is moving to the space beside EB Games.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD UW View Post
I agree, Scotia food court is due for a reno same with Commerce Place.
What ever became of the former KPMG Soave at commerce place?

I hear the KPMG peeps love the new space. Just getting out from the ribbing "do you want fries with the audit?" Is good enough.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Stopped by Kingsway Mall to replenish some wardrobe.
  • The Bay is undergoing a major renovation, with almost all of the eastern half of the 1st floor closed off. Here's hoping the quality of the location improves dramatically.
  • HMV in this mall is still open for another 8 days.
  • There are some large empty bays throughout the mall, although "coming soon" signage indicates they'll be filled up soon, Unlike the oversized empty bay hoarding at ECC, the ones in this mall do not impede foot traffic.
  • Not a lot of foot traffic inside the mall, then again its a weeknight.
I was at Kingsway for the first time in ages a few weeks ago, on a Saturday, and I was really surprised at how much quieter it was compared to WEM/Southgate. It wasn't dead, but for a Saturday afternoon, you'd think it'd be more crowded. Strange, too, because the mall does have a quality roster of tenants to draw people in.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 6:24 AM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

I can attest, don't waste your time with Indochino. I got my last suit with him and the pants fell apart within months and the changes that they said they were gonna do to tweak it before it it was ready didn't take place... Also the fact that the prices are set in USD despite being Vancouver founded is rather insulting. It's a great idea it's just not in the right hands apparently...

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead2 View Post
I can attest, don't waste your time with Indochino. I got my last suit with him and the pants fell apart within months and the changes that they said they were gonna do to tweak it before it it was ready didn't take place... Also the fact that the prices are set in USD despite being Vancouver founded is rather insulting. It's a great idea it's just not in the right hands apparently...
In USD??? Wtf!!! For that reason alone worth shunning the place.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 5:39 PM

McJesus at the downtown Henry Singer:

Video Link

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 3:08 PM

This information passed through a few people before it got to me, so take it for what its worth.

When IKEA announces the next expansion plans, Edmonton should be on the list but we are only getting a satellite store not a full size store.

Best guess for location would be in the NW.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 4:35 PM

^ would be nice if it happens. If it is catalogue type shopping with some displays and the ability to pick up that's fine by me.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 6:28 PM

this is what a pickup store looks like. They look a lot more substantial than I thought of them.

Video Link

Last edited by SpongeG; Apr 17, 2017 at 7:18 PM.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 10:54 PM
Community Guy

Cool. Former CKUA building, Jasper 105st.

https://www.werkstatt-yeg.com/

Edmonton's Creative Speakeasy
The creative's speakeasy located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. To access the studio, one must follow the boardwalk across the roof of the historic Alberta Block while taking in the scenery. The Werkstatt embodies the spirit of Edmonton and maintains the creative legacy of the CKUA.

What separates the studio from other spaces is that all professional grip and lighting equipment is included in the rental cost. All that is needed is an idea, a camera and some creative energy. No wasted time loading equipment. Change over time is counted towards rental time so you can have your full time to make something truly amazing.

Rates (includes all grip, lighting and access to common areas): $75/hr - $250/Half-day(4 hour) - $350/Full day.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 4:39 AM

City Centre officials want to give mall 'sexy feel' after successful food court move
http://edmontonjournal.com/business/...ood-court-move

Can't wait to see what else they've got cooking. I've been concerned about all the emptying spaces and the bigarse parkades, so this article sounds hopeful.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 4:49 AM
Community Guy

Was at the NAIOP lunch today and certainly been aware of a few things in the works. Looking forward to their next steps.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 6:43 PM

Said it before and I'll say it again, if City Centre took back space from The bay facing 103 Street and create multiple CRU's, they would make a killing as a strip flowing into Ice District. Reducing The Bay's square footage would mean they can also convert to a Sack's off 5th and no longer compete with their other Bay store in Kingsway mall. Win Win

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 7:30 PM

Does anyone know why the Shoppers move isn't happening until next March (as per the Journal article)? That's helluva long wait.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 7:33 PM
Community Guy

Major construction.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 7:48 PM
Urban Advocate

Anyone have any confirmation of who has leased mainfloor commercial space so far in Kelly Ramsey?
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 9:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4.audios View Post
Said it before and I'll say it again, if City Centre took back space from The bay facing 103 Street and create multiple CRU's, they would make a killing as a strip flowing into Ice District. Reducing The Bay's square footage would mean they can also convert to a Sack's off 5th and no longer compete with their other Bay store in Kingsway mall. Win Win
That could be quite nice.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 9:57 PM

Is the 102 ave 102 street t intersection a scramble intersection?
Passed by there last week and remember thinking it was the most obvious place in the dt to have a scramble intersection. It may already be but I wasn't really paying enough attention.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton