HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

350 Mission Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 21, 2007, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminisence View Post
Oh I hope you're not toying with me, heh. Sofitel would be a wondorous idea. Even better, a 550'+ Sofitel, slightly modified if needed.
given the site constraints something sofitel-like would be quite interesting. unfortunately it was a ridiculously expensive scheme. still one of my favorites, but not buildable in this environment.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2007, 7:19 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthd View Post
given the site constraints something sofitel-like would be quite interesting. unfortunately it was a ridiculously expensive scheme. still one of my favorites, but not buildable in this environment.
I wasn't suggesting the old (however fabulous) design. But the brand may still want to get into this market and here's a site on the next block.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2007, 8:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
I wasn't suggesting the old (however fabulous) design. But the brand may still want to get into this market and here's a site on the next block.
i think shangri-la and sofitel are the two best bets for the transit tower. it would be great to see a hotel or two in the transbay area.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2007, 2:10 AM
Green Berniecrat

Speaking of Shangri-La, I was walking downtown here in Chicago, and I came by the site of the Waterview Tower, I took a few pictures of it (see Waterview Tower thread), and I noticed that it was fairly confined to a small space. Thats when I started to think that if a building 1,047' tall can fit there, maybe a building modeled after it can fit in a space designated for 350 Mission or 177-187 Fremont St. Just a though.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2007, 5:20 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Question Heald College Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
The SF Business Times today is reporting today that developers GLL Properties want to proceed with this project as soon as possible. They perceive an increasing demand for office space--commercial realtor Grubb & Ellis is reportedly "tracking" demand for 2.5 million sq. ft.--and want to catch the wave. To do so, they have shortened the building from an original 850 ft, which would have had to wait for proposed upzoning planned in connection with the TransBay Terminal, and dyed it green for faster action at the Planning Department.

Obviously, for a tall building fan this is good news and bad news. Another SF highrise gets whacked by 300 ft. But the existence of the project at all was rather a recent surprise and it will contribute to the rebirth of Mission St. as a true highrise canyon worthy of any of the cities we all admire.

When I can access a pasteable version of the full article (likely to be Sunday evening), I will post it.
Is anything happening here? News regarding this site just faded away as quickly as it first came to our attention.

Last edited by viewguysf; Aug 4, 2007 at 5:24 PM. Reason: Can't read font well.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2007, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminiscence View Post
Speaking of Shangri-La, I was walking downtown here in Chicago, and I came by the site of the Waterview Tower, I took a few pictures of it (see Waterview Tower thread), and I noticed that it was fairly confined to a small space. Thats when I started to think that if a building 1,047' tall can fit there, maybe a building modeled after it can fit in a space designated for 350 Mission or 177-187 Fremont St. Just a though.
Yup, I have noticed that. HUGE building on the smallest lot I have seen. I hope that is a sign of what will be happening for Transbay. You don't need a full city block for something tall.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2007, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenratboy View Post
Yup, I have noticed that. HUGE building on the smallest lot I have seen. I hope that is a sign of what will be happening for Transbay. You don't need a full city block for something tall.
in san francisco you might.

... until they change the FAR limits. at the moment, 350 mission is going in under the existing controls.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2007, 8:43 PM

(edit)

Last edited by SFView; Sep 22, 2007 at 8:56 PM. Reason: possible error

Old Posted Sep 22, 2007, 9:04 PM

I have been wondering if Pelli's proposed office tower accross the street will effect a delay and reconsideration in the planning, scope, height and outcome of 350 Mission as a less than 550 foot tall office tower.

Old Posted May 4, 2008, 8:18 PM

Based on the proposed rezoning, this tower will now be allowed to be 700'. Although the proposed height limit is less than what GLL Properties originally proposed for the site (850' tower with 1 million sq ft of office space), it will allow for a larger tower than what they would have built under the existing zoning (a tower up to 550' w/ 340,000 sq ft of office space). I don't know where they were in the application and review process for their current proposal, but hopefully they'll explore building to the new height limit (which I assume will have unlimited FAR).

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 5:20 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^^^^I didn't see anything new on the city's planning website for this project, so I hope that means they haven't moved along in the process and can readjust to the new increased height limit.

Has anyone heard if they've selected an architect yet? I couldn't find anything with a couple of quick Google searches.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOneFive View Post

Based on the proposed rezoning, this tower will now be allowed to be 700'. Although the proposed height limit is less than what GLL Properties originally proposed for the site (850' tower with 1 million sq ft of office space), it will allow for a larger tower than what they would have built under the existing zoning (a tower up to 550' w/ 340,000 sq ft of office space). I don't know where they were in the application and review process for their current proposal, but hopefully they'll explore building to the new height limit (which I assume will have unlimited FAR).
At least I don't see any recent permits issued at DBI for 350 Mission Street in regards to height.
http://services.sfgov.org/dbipts/def...&ShowPanel=BID

Old Posted May 8, 2008, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
...Has anyone heard if they've selected an architect yet? I couldn't find anything with a couple of quick Google searches.
yes. SOM.

Old Posted May 8, 2008, 7:40 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Excellent! We can always rely on you to be plugged in!

I don't suppose they can just move their Transbay proposal across the street? On a serious note, they don't have anything on their website yet. I didn't think there would be a design, but I thought maybe a press release or something. They don't seem to do too many of those, however.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted May 8, 2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Excellent! We can always rely on you to be plugged in!

I don't suppose they can just move their Transbay proposal across the street? On a serious note, they don't have anything on their website yet. I didn't think there would be a design, but I thought maybe a press release or something. They don't seem to do too many of those, however.
I believe all proposals effected by the rezoning study will need some time before any new designs are released to the public. If Brian Lee of SOM is working on 350 Mission, then I think we're in good hands. He created such a masterwork for Transbay, at least in a design aesthetic sense.

Last edited by SFView; May 8, 2008 at 10:32 PM.

Old Posted May 9, 2008, 2:54 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Wow, that is exciting. This might be my new most-anticipated-building in the city. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Old Posted May 9, 2008, 6:41 AM
Green Berniecrat

Awesome. I dont believe we'll be disapointed with SOM behind the wheel. I just hope there is no design competition for this one, or it'll be bad news all over again.

Old Posted May 9, 2008, 7:45 AM
Here we stAy

If only that really was a design competition. SF really got the short end of the stick archtecturally on that one.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2008, 7:51 PM

i wish there were some renderings of this.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 7:36 PM
Only Mostly Dead

BT added a great update in the Rundown thread.

According to their timeline, we might get to see renderings by early 2009. At 27 floors, it will be much shorter than 700', but the descriptions of some of the features sound fantastic. It's a great location for a building that blurs the lines of public and private space. And given the architects working on it, I am very optimistic we'll all be very pleased with the design.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive