HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 11, 2020, 9:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrent77 View Post
Do you mean nearly finished with only the first phase? Because the second phase (which destroys the old airport entirely and adds on the second half of the main concourse) isn't supposed to be completed until 2024/25
Yes, the first phase, obviously. It's clear from the article they were not referring to the unstarted second phase, because they said they were too far along to stop now (with the first phase) and they also said they might have to delay the second phase.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruefenac View Post
I'm curious if anyone knows what the passenger boarding bridge elevator is for. It was mentioned that the first one was installed at the beginning of April in the construction updates section of the airport website. And they have a picture of it there as well.

Maybe its mostly for transporting carry on luggage that gets checked at the gate and then put in the cargo hold of the aircraft is my guess (and maybe that answers the question)?
You are correct. It is for the carry on luggage that is gate checked.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2020, 2:56 PM

Quick question. I know that phase 1 of the airport will be opening in September, but I'm wondering about all the restaurants and retail stores that are supposed to be going in. Do those companies pay for the construction of the shops in the airport? And by "construction" I mean the cosmetics. I know that the guts of it have already been built and installed. If they DO pay for it, do you think any of them will back out because of this pandemic?

I don't know how any of this works, and I'm just curious.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2020, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder113 View Post
Quick question. I know that phase 1 of the airport will be opening in September, but I'm wondering about all the restaurants and retail stores that are supposed to be going in. Do those companies pay for the construction of the shops in the airport? And by "construction" I mean the cosmetics. I know that the guts of it have already been built and installed. If they DO pay for it, do you think any of them will back out because of this pandemic?

Yes, they pay to build out their own shops. I doubt any drop out as I’d imagine they already had finalized loans to cover constructions costs and it seems like a great location with a captive customer base.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 7:22 PM
One Thing At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder113 View Post

I have some inside knowledge of how the airport concessions work because my bar was approached to be part of the new airport bid. Basically, there are large companies that op food and beverage in airports. Those companies find and sign local talent and build a proposal based on a portfolio of different brands that they've made agreements with. Those agreements look different from case to case but mostly they look like you get a small percent of profit for leasing your brand to the company that runs the airport operations. So it's not like the folks at White Horse are running a second location at the airport. They simply lend their brand and concept to a company who runs all the food and beverage for the entire airport.

Old Posted May 7, 2020, 9:39 PM
One Thing At A Time

Art is going up. Getting really close!

https://twitter.com/slcairport/statu...637094921?s=20

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 2:45 PM

SLC is planning to change their expansion plans: Thanks to COVID, they're going to tear down the old concourses all at once, instead of a phased approach, allowing them to complete the expansion 2 years early and save approx $300 million.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...may-help-salt/

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbgaucho View Post
SLC is planning to change their expansion plans: Thanks to COVID, they're going to tear down the old concourses all at once, instead of a phased approach, allowing them to complete the expansion 2 years early and save approx $300 million.

I call that a silver lining!

Old Posted May 22, 2020, 9:43 PM
One Thing At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbgaucho View Post

Some great progress pics in that article.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:44 AM

airport reconstruct

they are walling off the D concurse and moving the present customs corridor.will start digging up ramp areas on west side for the big central tunnel.115 days to sept 15 open day.will have a lot more hard standing ramp ops from them on.will be no hertz rental car ops.company going bankrupt.no mcdonalds there after sept 15 and nothing about a 24 food facility yet.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West