HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 6, 2016, 9:16 PM

Has anyone noticed if they have continued their work to finish up Regent Street? Looks like they still had a bit of work to do last time pictures were posted.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2016, 9:20 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMTower View Post
Has anyone noticed if they have continued their work to finish up Regent Street? Looks like they still had a bit of work to do last time pictures were posted.
Work is moving along on finishing up the parking garages and the retail and restaurant spaces below. The street has had some some work on it but not much.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 6:29 AM

It will definitely be exciting with the multiple theatre and performing arts venues in such a close cluster. Eccles Theatre, Capitol Theatre, and possibly the Pantages Theatre. However, (this could just be my lack of observation) I don't believe anyone has mentioned the Rose Wagner Theatre. Which, technically, has two theatres, one traditional layout with 500+ seating and a black box theatre with 200+ seating. It was mentioned that there could be potentially 3 large theatres within a block, but wouldn't there be 4? Or perhaps I misread and the 3 that were were mentioned for this were the Eccles, Capitol, and Wagner. Also I apologize if this discussion was on the main page instead of here, I couldn't remember and didn't want to go digging.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMTower View Post
Signs on the retail pads say spring 2017 opening.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 8:40 PM
One Thing At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch Wasteland View Post
It will definitely be exciting with the multiple theatre and performing arts venues in such a close cluster. Eccles Theatre, Capitol Theatre, and possibly the Pantages Theatre. However, (this could just be my lack of observation) I don't believe anyone has mentioned the Rose Wagner Theatre. Which, technically, has two theatres, one traditional layout with 500+ seating and a black box theatre with 200+ seating. It was mentioned that there could be potentially 3 large theatres within a block, but wouldn't there be 4? Or perhaps I misread and the 3 that were were mentioned for this were the Eccles, Capitol, and Wagner. Also I apologize if this discussion was on the main page instead of here, I couldn't remember and didn't want to go digging.
I can't wait to see what this does for the future of the Sundance Film Festival. Sundance has wildly outgrown PC and has already spread down into Salt Lake City but with this new theatre now having more seats than any other theatre in the state hopefully we will see a shift of the big premiers down in Salt Lake. It is something that needs to happen or we are going to lose the festival to somewhere like Aspen. There are already shows at the Tower, Broadway, and Rose Wagner hopefully we will see them at Eccles as well! Park City will always be the center for parties and celebrity spotting but if we can make the festival a Salt Lake City festival as much as a Park City festival then we might be able to hang onto it after Mr. Redford kicks the bucket.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 9:10 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

There is one restaurant that is already doing tenant finishes, if I recall correctly it's the northern space below the black box theater and south of the walkway to the lobby.

As for Sundance I couldn't agree more. It's the perfect location for big premiers, has the set up for the big red carpet on Main St and everything. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that this would be the case in 2017 though as Eccles is booked with Kinky Boots from January 12-22, and Kathy Griffin on Jan 27. Sundance 17 runs January 19-29. I guess they could do a few shows on maybe the 23-26. Even if they just did one or two movies this year to test the waters I would be happy about that.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2016, 3:31 AM

I doubt it will do much for Sundance.

For the first 20 years, Sundance always had the opening night party and screening in Salt Lake City. Around 2000, they moved the opening night party to Park City to make it more PC-centric. So, I don't think they'll shift back to SLC for big premieres.

Sundance hasn't so much outgrown PC, as it has attracted more of a local following and expanded its local screenings to cash in on local demand in order to earn more money for its various programs. Sundance has tried to curb the growth in PC and limit all of the corporate lounges and such.

They also offer more local screenings in an effort to encourage the locals to stay in SLC and not crowding PC. In the mid-2000s, locals started flocking to PC en masse mainly for celebrity sighting, and not film watching, though.

I highly doubt Sundance will move from PC. They've already spread mini festivals across the globe, first to Brooklyn, then London, LA, Hong Kong, and programs in the Middle East, and the rest. They don't have to relocate as they've conquered the globe.

Also, a 2500-seat theatre is quite a bit of overkill for Sundance. They will probably expand screenings into the Pantages theater and the new cinemas in the CCH hotel, if that ever comes to fruition, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post
I can't wait to see what this does for the future of the Sundance Film Festival. Sundance has wildly outgrown PC and has already spread down into Salt Lake City but with this new theatre now having more seats than any other theatre in the state hopefully we will see a shift of the big premiers down in Salt Lake. It is something that needs to happen or we are going to lose the festival to somewhere like Aspen. There are already shows at the Tower, Broadway, and Rose Wagner hopefully we will see them at Eccles as well! Park City will always be the center for parties and celebrity spotting but if we can make the festival a Salt Lake City festival as much as a Park City festival then we might be able to hang onto it after Mr. Redford kicks the bucket.

Last edited by Stenar; Nov 17, 2016 at 3:42 AM.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 4:00 PM

Has anyone else noticed the south facade of the old tribune building is lit up at night? It looked nice

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign View Post
Has anyone else noticed the south facade of the old tribune building is lit up at night? It looked nice
I just saw that last night. It looked pretty cool.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West