Map Location

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 6:12 PM
REAL Kiwi!

Very nice building.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 7:13 PM
FriskyDingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
Fantastic news! Out of all of the proposals for a super tall I know Swire will actually build this and upon completion it will be the tallest tower in all of the Southern US!
Technically it would be the same height as the Bank of America plaza here in Atlanta. 1040' I swear people forget about that building all the time, and it really has a nice presence to it. The crown is beautiful at night, especially from midtown.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 8:52 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLksuGUY View Post
Technically it would be the same height as the Bank of America plaza here in Atlanta. 1040' I swear people forget about that building all the time, and it really has a nice presence to it. The crown is beautiful at night, especially from midtown.
That tower, with its crown and shape is what more cities need. Lovely tower. Shall not be forgotten!

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 10:03 PM
FriskyDingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
That tower, with its crown and shape is what more cities need. Lovely tower. Shall not be forgotten!
Yes!! I think it is underappreciated!! This tower looks great as well.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 3:23 AM

Quote:
The B of A tower in Atlanta is 1,023 ft. | 311.8 m to the tip and the highest occupied floor is at 728 ft. | 222 m.
So even with the additional 295 ft. gold crown & tip on top of the highest occupied floor, One Brickell is still 17 ft. higher so it's not the same height as the Bank of America tower.

http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buil...rica-plaza/429

One Brickell's highest occupied floor will be at 1,040 ft. | 317 m.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 11:11 AM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
The B of A tower in Atlanta is 1,023 ft. | 311.8 m to the tip and the highest occupied floor is at 728 ft. | 222 m.
So even with the additional 295 ft. gold crown & tip on top of the highest occupied floor, One Brickell is still 17 ft. higher so it's not the same height as the Bank of America tower.

http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buil...rica-plaza/429

One Brickell's highest occupied floor will be at 1,040 ft. | 317 m.
It won't. CTBUH's classification of occupied height is very controversial imho. They don't count mechanical floors or even multistory penthouses. F.e., 432 PA is a flat- roofed building topping out at 1,397'. Yet, the occupied height is listed as 1,287' according to the Council. Same with Nordstrom (1,522' roof, 1,450' HOF) and many other buildings. So most likely, One Brickell's figure will be <1,000'.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 7:31 PM

^ One Brickell will still be taller than the B of A tower though.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 9:04 PM
FriskyDingo

Quote:
^ One Brickell will still be taller than the B of A tower though.
No. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_o...Plaza_(Atlanta)

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 9:07 PM

Quote:
That info is incorrect. Anyone can edit Wikipedia. BofA Plaza in Atlanta is 1,023 feet.

http://www.emporis.com/buildings/121...atlanta-ga-usa

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 11:46 PM

^ I have always known B of A in Atlanta to be around 1,025 feet or so. How it somehow has jumped to 1,040 feet is beyond me! Anyways even using hunser's argument that One Brickell's highest occupied floor would be less than 1,000 feet that contradicts what the CTBUH says:
http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buil...y-centre/15763

Even if it's highest occupied floor is less than 1,000 feet One Brickell will still taller than the B of A. I will take the word of Emporis & CTBUH over Wikipedia.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2015, 11:42 AM

The more I'm seeing this, the more I like it....!
It will be a bold, powerful anchor statement in the middle of the Brickell skyline....I like the two cutouts, also.....

Old Posted Jul 1, 2015, 8:42 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiSpartan View Post
The more I'm seeing this, the more I like it....!
It will be a bold, powerful anchor statement in the middle of the Brickell skyline....I like the two cutouts, also.....
Should complement Skyrise in terms of an impact on the skyline. Once World Center, and Innovation District kick into high gear, its about to get a lot bigger and bulkier. Miami Central Phase 1 and 2 will add some nice density, and the towers near Museum Park as well. Whole region is booming, and many more skyscrapers to spring up. Also, 444 Brickell and Villa Magna added to the list. Magna possibly being a future tallest.

I'm curious on what will happen to the Empire World Towers site. Lots of potential.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2015, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Should complement Skyrise in terms of an impact on the skyline. Once World Center, and Innovation District kick into high gear, its about to get a lot bigger and bulkier. Miami Central Phase 1 and 2 will add some nice density, and the towers near Museum Park as well. Whole region is booming, and many more skyscrapers to spring up. Also, 444 Brickell and Villa Magna added to the list. Magna possibly being a future tallest.

I'm curious on what will happen to the Empire World Towers site. Lots of potential.
I was just in Miami, Miami Beach, Sunny Isles, Fort Lauderdale, etc. Construction cranes everywhere! Pretty nuts. Congrats to Miami on the first Supertall and joining (along with San Francisco and Philadelphia) the United States Supertall club. Hopefully this gets built

Old Posted Jul 2, 2015, 6:54 AM

Don't they have Observatory Deck? Do they think will ever build new Observatory Deck?

Old Posted Jul 2, 2015, 9:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Don't they have Observatory Deck? Do they think will ever build new Observatory Deck?
No observatory at this time but they are saying a lounge will occupy the 80th. floor. It appears that the upper floors will be hotel rooms.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 3:05 AM

I love the height, and it will look great in the skyline, but i hate how the facade textures change so bluntly.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownWonder View Post
I love the height, and it will look great in the skyline, but i hate how the facade textures change so bluntly.
I think that has more to do with the floor heights between a Hotel room which usually are shorter and the Office heights which are taller.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2015, 1:25 AM

Future Construction date?

Metromover station to return soon
Written by Catherine Lackner on September 22, 2015

Good news, Brickell drivers, pedestrians and Metro-mover riders: the cranes are gone from the Brickell City Centre construction site and key components will be up and running soon.

“We are a fluid construction site, although we are very close to delivery of certain components,” said a spokesperson for Swire Properties, which is developing the massive project. All of the buildings in the first phase have been topped off.

The Eighth Street Metro-mover station, closed since August 2014, will re-open this fall, revitalized and incorporated into a third level of shopping, she said. Riders will be able to disembark and get to the street level, she added, though the station will not be connected to the rest of the complex yet.

The bulk of the first phase “is scheduled to be delivered this winter,” the spokesperson said. Included are two office towers (Two Brickell City Centre at 78 SE Seventh St., with 129,338 square feet of space, and Three Brickell City Centre, with 134,550 square feet of space at 98 SE Seventh St.), the 263-key Miami East Hotel at 788 Brickell Plaza, and three residential buildings. They are the East Residences, with 89 units at 89 SE Eighth St., the Rise Condo at 88 SW Seventh St., and the Reach Condo at 68 SE Sixth St., each of which will contain 390 units.

A 500,000-square-foot shopping center at 701 S Miami Ave., to include food, beverage and entertainment, is scheduled for completion in fall 2016.

Construction on Phase II, which comprises the 80-story One Brickell City Centre, is scheduled to begin at the end of 2017. North Squared at 529 S Miami Ave., on the Miami River, is slated for future development but a timetable has yet to be determined for it, the spokesperson said.

http://www.miamitodaynews.com/2015/0...o-return-soon/

Old Posted Oct 28, 2015, 3:10 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

One Brickell City Centre Groundbreaking Estimated For Late 2017

Quote:
One Brickell City Centre could become the tallest tower in Miami, but construction likely won’t begin for at least another two years.

Developer Swire Properties is focusing on finishing up the first phase of Brickell City Centre before moving on to the next phase of the project, according to Mary Arda, a marketing director for the developer. A report last week in Miami Today that construction would begin in the first quarter of 2016 is erroneous, and the developer is targeting late 2017 to begin construction, she said.

By the end of this year, law firm Akerman will begin moving into office space, and residential condo units will begin closing. Also expected to open this winter is the EAST hotel. Only the retail portion of the project will open later, beginning in September of 2016.

In June, the Federal Aviation Administration approved the height of One Brickell City Centre at 1,040-feet above ground, which would make it one of the tallest in the U.S. Approval expires after 18 months, but the developer can apply for an extension.

==================
NXT

Old Posted Oct 28, 2015, 6:47 PM

Awesome news!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals