HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jan 17, 2008, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepnut View Post
ok but would this attract like the high class people i mean i know i am being a little bit rude but some high class people can be rude sometimes and some of them will admit it and some won't but i really do think it would be awesome for that but also the 1010 midtown looks really cool i have seen some pics maybe like a while back but does anyone have some updated ones?????
Don't take this as rude but you are the MASTER of run-on sentences!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2008, 9:42 PM

Dude, you could've at least answered the kids question.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 3:52 PM

1. Apple is expected to go in either Viewpoint or 1010

2. Why would high end retail in Midtown be so odd??? It's not being forced. There's a ton of $$$ intown. Certainly the area is growing like mad. It's not like they are trying to force the Midtown Mile onto some low-rent neighborhood.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLaffinity View Post
1. Apple is expected to go in either Viewpoint or 1010

2. Why would high end retail in Midtown be so odd??? It's not being forced. There's a ton of $$$ intown. Certainly the area is growing like mad. It's not like they are trying to force the Midtown Mile onto some low-rent neighborhood.
agreed.

additionally, there are several blocks of side streets on both sides of peachtree capable of absorbing tons of additional retail. IMHO, it's these streets (spring, w. peach, juniper, piedmont, ponce, 3rd through 14th) that are better targets for those neighborhood sustaining retail establishments that catlike refered to in earlier posts.

i don't see an issue with going for the top tier retailers for the MM portion of peachtree - a good strategy i think.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2phx View Post
IMHO, it's these streets (spring, w. peach, juniper, piedmont, ponce, 3rd through 14th) that are better targets for those neighborhood sustaining retail establishments that catlike refered to in earlier posts.
I would love to see a multi-story movie theater on Juniper or West Peachtree.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 5:46 PM

Apple Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2phx View Post
agreed.

additionally, there are several blocks of side streets on both sides of peachtree capable of absorbing tons of additional retail. IMHO, it's these streets (spring, w. peach, juniper, piedmont, ponce, 3rd through 14th) that are better targets for those neighborhood sustaining retail establishments that catlike refered to in earlier posts.

i don't see an issue with going for the top tier retailers for the MM portion of peachtree - a good strategy i think.
Look at the renderings for the realignment of 990 Peachtree...that glass box is just begging for a big apple logo hanging in the front. The corner of Peachtree and 10th seems like it would be a great location for an Apple Store. If you look at the "flagship" stores they desgin they all have very striking architecture and tend to be extremely visible...they kind of have a thing for the "floating" glass box also.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtowngt View Post
Look at the renderings for the realignment of 990 Peachtree...that glass box is just begging for a big apple logo hanging in the front. The corner of Peachtree and 10th seems like it would be a great location for an Apple Store.
I just think in the overall scheme of things it will be better for Midtown people to go to Perimeter Mall or Lenox for their Apple needs. If you give them an Apple store in midtown, they're just going to be hanging out there at all hours of the day and night when they should be working or studying. Keeping the store a little further away makes it more likely that they won't go to the store unless they actually want to buy something.

Moreover, there's also an Apple store at Discover Mall in Suwanee. How many of these things do we need?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Moreover, there's also an Apple store at Discover Mall in Suwanee. How many of these things do we need?
A lot if they keep selling 20,000 iPhones a day!

Sorry, I don't want to start that discussion up again

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 7:40 PM

Quote:

I just think in the overall scheme of things it will be better for Midtown people to go to Perimeter Mall or Lenox for their Apple needs. If you give them an Apple store in midtown, they're just going to be hanging out there at all hours of the day and night when they should be working or studying. Keeping the store a little further away makes it more likely that they won't go to the store unless they actually want to buy something.

I would have to disagree completely with you. They are looking for high end retail for Peachtree. The Apple Store is high end retail that the people in the surrounding area can afford. Not to mention their stores just look great. This would look amazing on the corner of Peachtree and 10th St.

I'm not sure if you guys know this, but the Apple Store at Lenox Mall is always in the top busiest stores in the country (not including the flagship stores).

BTW Andrea I am not really sure what you are trying to say about the people in Midtown. What is wrong with visiting an Apple Store. Isn't building a store where your customers are the general idea of retail?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 7:55 PM

Quote:

They should not go to Perimeter Mall or Lenox. They should go to the Midtown Mile. Isn't the whole idea to bring street level retail to Atlanta??

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 8:01 PM

Quote:

Grandma... is that you?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 8:11 PM

Andrea's post is:

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 8:22 PM

If you young folks have enough to be fiddling around in an Apple store it sounds like you have enough time for a part time job. Back in my day we were expected to make ourselves useful.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 8:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
If you young folks have enough to be fiddling around in an Apple store it sounds like you have enough time for a part time job. Back in my day we were expected to make ourselves useful.
Hey Granny,

A lot has changed in a 100 years. We young folks believe the government should support us.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 8:38 PM

Quote:
I guess this is where us "young" people differ in opinion.

I work to live....not the other way around.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 8:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtowngt View Post
I guess this is where us "young" people differ in opinion.

I work to live....not the other way around.
midtowngt -

Don't mind Andrea. The change of weather is probably causing Andrea's bursitis to flair up. She gets grouchy anytime the cold weather comes.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind_Phips View Post
midtowngt -

Don't mind Andrea. The change of weather is probably causing Andrea's bursitis to flair up. She gets grouchy anytime the cold weather comes.
I just learn of a new medical oddity, bursitis. Thanks to BP.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind_Phips View Post
midtowngt -

Come on now.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 8:52 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart8588 View Post
I just learn of a new medical oddity, bursitis. Thanks to BP.
Hey Drangonheart -

Ya, you better watch out for the bursitis, it'll getcha every time.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 8:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Come on now.
Don't shoot the messenger Trae. Clearly Andrea is grouchy, just read her posts.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta