HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jun 12, 2020, 8:48 PM

They pay to close the lanes and this is known at time of permitting what lanes will be closed and the city agrees to it. Also by law they begin construction noises at 7. That’s typical no matter where you live. That’s the time construction starts on the Mark site so they haven’t violated any laws. The fire trucks, police and dumpster companies make much more noise and are a nuisance all hours of the day and night. I know fire and police are necessary but dumpsters run around 4:30 to 7:30 every morning and they are louder than anything throughout the city.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2020, 3:42 PM

Ascent Peachtree

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
They pay to close the lanes and this is known at time of permitting what lanes will be closed and the city agrees to it. Also by law they begin construction noises at 7. That’s typical no matter where you live. That’s the time construction starts on the Mark site so they haven’t violated any laws. The fire trucks, police and dumpster companies make much more noise and are a nuisance all hours of the day and night. I know fire and police are necessary but dumpsters run around 4:30 to 7:30 every morning and they are louder than anything throughout the city.
I've seen multiple recordings from my neighbors that they start before 7am. As for the lanes they originally said they would close 1 lane of Peachtree Place for a few months and ended up closing the entire street (which negated an entrance to our parking deck) for over a year. They have a permit to take a single lane of Spring, but recently they have either been leaving the cones on the lane divider (which effectively blocks another lane) or have moved cones temporarily to block up to three lanes. I highly doubt they go through the city for a permit for these temporary extensions and just move cones when they need to. Again I understand the inconveniences of construction and do not complain about most sites, but the Mark has been worse than others.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2020, 6:12 PM

Margaritaville

Construction appears to be advancing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBeiIiLhcI0/

Old Posted Jun 16, 2020, 8:54 PM

I remember posters being so excited about Margaritaville when it was first announced. What happened?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2020, 9:00 PM

Can we see the site of that previously announced (30 story?) student tower in this view? Was never clear on where that was going but I thought it was close to the Ferris wheel.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2020, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.ARCH View Post
Can we see the site of that previously announced (30 story?) student tower in this view? Was never clear on where that was going but I thought it was close to the Ferris wheel.
IIRC, it’s south of the intersection of Luckie and Ted Turner. In the picture, that would be behind the white arm of the crane. It’s on the streetcar line.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2020, 10:01 PM

I have never been a big fan of Centennial Olympic Park, I despise those colorful bricks. It takes away the greenery from the park but if they can get rid of those surface parking lots and other small buildings, it will look more "complete."

Old Posted Jun 16, 2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.ARCH View Post
Yes.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 11:00 PM

Dezhu has rebranded its Atlanta business as Deluxeton.

525 Park

https://www.facebook.com/Deluxton/

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 12:12 AM

There’s been a lot of movement on parcels along Parkway and Boulevard. Lots of proposed demolition of the section 8 MFH due to recent consolidation and providing senior housing.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 2:28 AM

Are they using condo to just refer to multi-family in general because their site is claiming that boulevard project is condo too. If they really are condos I think this is the beginnings of a much brighter boulevard. I remember it being so sketch; one of my friends got carjacked at that gas station on Ralph McGill in around 2010.

They also completely sold out on their townhome project on boulevard too

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 3:05 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Yes.

Wait... What's going here? How did I miss this!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Yes.

Is this the Luckie Street Student Tower?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Dezhu has rebranded its Atlanta business as Deluxeton.

525 Park

https://www.facebook.com/Deluxton/
I love this! Developments like these add so much to the city's urban fabric.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Is this the Luckie Street Student Tower?
Yes. According the plans filed with the city will be 32 stories tall and known as The Metropolitan at Atlanta.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 8:16 PM

Why are those solar panels taking up all that valuable land? Why not just put them on the top of some of these surrounding buildings?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
Why are those solar panels taking up all that valuable land? Why not just put them on the top of some of these surrounding buildings?
You know the answer...

That’s a parking lot with solar panels on top, and they get a lot of business for tabernacle shows and downtown sporting events.

Obviously want that developed ASAP, and hopefully with sporting events paused, it causes land owners to sell.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2020, 12:29 PM

There's a whole lot of undeveloped and under-developed land in that picture. At least the parking lot has solar panels while we wait for development. I'm not sure why park-frontage land doesn't seem to be attracting development. At least not until Post Centennial and Margaritaville were developed. Huge built-in crowd of tourists and conventioneers here.
Development on the waffle house block (specifically at intersection of John Portman and Centennial) would be great. Directly adjacent to a cycle track, half block from the Streetcar, two blocks from MARTA rail.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2020, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
There's a whole lot of undeveloped and under-developed land in that picture. At least the parking lot has solar panels while we wait for development. I'm not sure why park-frontage land doesn't seem to be attracting development. At least not until Post Centennial and Margaritaville were developed. Huge built-in crowd of tourists and conventioneers here.
Development on the waffle house block (specifically at intersection of John Portman and Centennial) would be great. Directly adjacent to a cycle track, half block from the Streetcar, two blocks from MARTA rail.
Hopefully when Centennial Yards gets going in 20 years, so will this area.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta