HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 2:41 PM

Best in Little Italy?

So I'm in a weird scenario.... I have to take people from out of town to somewhere in Little Italy this Friday, and I don't know much about the food scene there. What's the best place to eat there that isn't too pricey? (Definition: meal without drinks for under $20 pre-tax and pre-tip).

Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 3:07 PM
Melissa: fabulous.

You're taking your company to Little Italy smack in the middle of the Italian Week festival. Not sure if you were aware of that, but nonetheless it promises both great fun and challenges. Crowds should be heavy on a Friday night, especially if the weather holds, so you may not have a lot of choice as to where you eat.

Obviously you can get great Italian food in Little Italy, but there are many other choices, so it really depends on what you're craving. There's Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, Greek (a new place called EVOO), Japanese, Turkish, a variety of pubs, etc.

Because the options are numerous and varied, I'd suggest you browse this guide to get yourself familiar with the area offerings:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/250/4626...ly-restaurants

Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 4:59 PM
R2-D2's army of death

For purely Italian food, Il Primo is probably my favourite in that area. A bit on the pricey said, but the food is always excellent and amazing.
Franky: Ajldub, name calling is what they do when good arguments can't be found - don't sink to their level. Claiming the thread is "boring" is also a way to try to discredit a thread that doesn't match their particular bias.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac888yow View Post
You're taking your company to Little Italy smack in the middle of the Italian Week festival. Not sure if you were aware of that, but nonetheless it promises both great fun and challenges. Crowds should be heavy on a Friday night, especially if the weather holds, so you may not have a lot of choice as to where you eat.

Obviously you can get great Italian food in Little Italy, but there are many other choices, so it really depends on what you're craving. There's Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, Greek (a new place called EVOO), Japanese, Turkish, a variety of pubs, etc.

Because the options are numerous and varied, I'd suggest you browse this guide to get yourself familiar with the area offerings:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/250/4626...ly-restaurants
Huh. Had no idea.

Thanks for the tips, guys, helps out a lot.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation