HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Interesting; they're really bumping up the highway network I'd say. That would be the main reason to add one to Woodstock, and even most of those sites.

Not sure where it is going in Woodstock though; the icon on their map is in the middle of a cemetery (and a rather large cemetery at that), so I doubt it is actually going there.
haha yeah, I wouldn't go by exact location of the map that's for sure. All of those will be located on a highway for easy access as their purpose is to recharge those driving long distances.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 4:25 PM

In addition Telsa is also looking to hire a Senior Recruiter for Eastern Canada - meaning you will see some sort of presence on the East Coast.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 3:45 PM
ハルウララ

Tesla has announced the planned opening of seven charging stations in the Maritimes:

Edmundston
Woodstock
Fredericton
Saint John
Moncton
Truro
Halifax

These locations are planned to be in operation by the end of 2018. There is also a planned charging location on the NB/ME border in Baring, near St. Stephen along with another in Medway, ME on the I-95.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 4:06 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Five charging stations in NB and only two in NS - We win!!!

Actually this is an interesting allegory for the geopolitical reality of NS. There is nothing of any import in that province outside of Halifax (and the road to NB).

In any event, it would appear that Cape Breton doesn't count for anything at all (which is what a lot of Haligonians think in the first place)..........

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Actually this is an interesting allegory for the geopolitical reality of NS. There is nothing of any import in that province outside of Halifax (and the road to NB).

In any event, it would appear that Cape Breton doesn't count for anything at all (which is what a lot of Haligonians think in the first place)..........

To be honest it looks like they are just trying to cover the cities for now, out here tourism is huge, anyone who would be using a tesla station may not get a chance to travel much outside of the cities to tour, especially if they decided to go out fundy way, or up towards the miramichi, the Valley in NS, Cape Breton , or PEI. Though im not sure how long the charge holds in the Teslas, it may deter someone who has one from travelling here if they can only use in the city and between cities.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
Tesla has announced the planned opening of seven charging stations in the Maritimes:

Edmundston
Woodstock
Fredericton
Saint John
Moncton
Truro
Halifax

These locations are planned to be in operation by the end of 2018. There is also a planned charging location on the NB/ME border in Baring, near St. Stephen along with another in Medway, ME on the I-95.

Next Up - A Tesla store!

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 5:15 PM

Those sites would hit the main highway routes in/out of the maritimes basically, and the big cities.

2019 will probably see sites added for Charlottetown, Sydney, Bathurst, Miramichi and probably Port Hawksbury or Canso and/or Antigonish area, along with a site somewhere in NS's south shore area (and/or around Acadia as well). That should give the Maritimes 'full' coverage, as long as you plan properly.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Those sites would hit the main highway routes in/out of the maritimes basically, and the big cities.

2019 will probably see sites added for Charlottetown, Sydney, Bathurst, Miramichi and probably Port Hawksbury or Canso and/or Antigonish area, along with a site somewhere in NS's south shore area (and/or around Acadia as well). That should give the Maritimes 'full' coverage, as long as you plan properly.
It makes sense, service the main highways then from there, we can move off the beaten path a bit. It will also give them an idea of the usage. There is a few charging stations here in Bathurst and they are rarely used.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 9:46 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
To be honest it looks like they are just trying to cover the cities for now,
Tesla was explicitly covering the TCH across Canada and explicitly stated in their press release that Halifax was their end point on the East Coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
Tesla did not reveal the locations of all of the approximately 5,000 new Supercharger stops at the time, but has now specified the coordinates of hundreds of new stations across North America, Europe, Australia and Asia, including just shy of 100 new Canadian Superchargers from Victoria, B.C. to Halifax, N.S.
So not only does Cape Breton not exist but Newfoundland doesn't, either. Which is weird, because this immediately follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
While a number of the new Canadian locations won’t be switched on until 2018, the majority of the Trans-Canada Highway will be electrified—with the notable exceptions of Newfoundland’s segment of the highway and the secondary western stretch also known as the Yellowhead Highway.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 2:43 AM

There's already a Tesla charging station at the Four Point by Sheraton in downtown Edmundston.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 12:12 PM

I think you will see their plan expanded once they get the priorities taken care of. Many people when they travel to NS will venture out of Halifax if they want to see really how the East Coast does it. THe Valley was a huge draw before the proliferation of spots to cater to the foodies, wine sippers and micro-brewery/cidery geeks (for which I am, lol). Cape Breton is always on the radar of explorers and the South Shore offers amazing coastal adventures. It could beg to reason that Tesla may be also restricting the service and recovery zones of their cars. Many auto makers have their own network of contracted towing services and accredited service facilities, so maybe some aspects like that are preventing them from a true coast to coast system. And if that is the case, likely what you would see is any breakdowns would be put on a deck or carrier and shipped to the nearest dealer. Transport rates are zoned based. The further from a main artery, the more it will cost.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:

Haha. The only reason NB is getting charging stations is so people can get from the Que. border to Halifax. Everyone has their Big Stops lined up From Salisbury to Lincoln to St. Jacques and do not stop anywhere else. NB is an annoying reality but now you don't even have to look at it!! Frankly the old road was pretty cool with all those weird attractions. Remember Animal land and Dino land? I beefed my dad to stop there as he resolutely drove us as fast as possible through the province.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 12:55 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawsond View Post
Haha. The only reason NB is getting charging stations is so people can get from the Que. border to Halifax. Everyone has their Big Stops lined up From Salisbury to Lincoln to St. Jacques and do not stop anywhere else. NB is an annoying reality but now you don't even have to look at it!! Frankly the old road was pretty cool with all those weird attractions. Remember Animal land and Dino land? I beefed my dad to stop there as he resolutely drove us as fast as possible through the province.
I grew up on PEI, and then lived in Halifax for nine years, only moving to NB (Moncton) when I was nearly 32.

I used to suffer from the same illusion as Haligonians do that NB was a vast wasteland of nothingness between the "real" Maritimes and the rest of the known world, but after living here for a few years, I began to realize what a hidden and unknown gem NB really is.

It's just too bad the TCH tends to pass through the wilderness in this province. As such, people don't realize all the attractions NB has to offer...........

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 12:56 AM

Quote:
animalland has actually reopened

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Wow, that is mean spirited post for these forums.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 4:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
There's already a Tesla charging station at the Four Point by Sheraton in downtown Edmundston.
There are several privately operated charging stations compatible with Teslas (and other electric cars) around the province, including the one at the Four Points in Edmundston.

The Tesla Supercharger network is owned/operated by Tesla.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 4:29 AM

Quote:

Must everything with you be a competition?

If it's not boasting about the amount of Tim Hortons in Moncton, it's a comparison to Saint John or something else.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 11:28 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnEh View Post
Must everything with you be a competition?

If it's not boasting about the amount of Tim Hortons in Moncton, it's a comparison to Saint John or something else.
No, everything is not a competition, and if you look at my posting history, only a small proportion of my contributions could be considered as such.

I do post statistics from time to time, mostly because I am interested in statistics. When I editorialize (comparing jurisdiction to jurisdiction), I assure you that I generally mean it in a teasing manner, and not intending to be malicious in any way. Of course the internet is well known as being tone deaf or "autistic", and as such, nuance can frequently be lost on the reader.

I never make comparisons to Saint John or Fredericton in a mean spirited way. I do however occasionally poke the bear that is Halifax, only because Haligonians are so certain of themselves in their own superiority and that the known world ends at Truro.........

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSoloCup View Post
Wow, that is mean spirited post for these forums.
I guess you haven't been around here long enough yet. Half the posts on these forums are mean-spirited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
So not only does Cape Breton not exist but Newfoundland doesn't, either. Which is weird, because this immediately follows:
There are so few Tesla's around here that maybe they don't think it's worth it. Or are there so few Tesla's because charging stations are hard to find? We'll never know.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 4:12 PM

I came across this article one day and found it interesting considering that the EV's were suppose to be all about saving the enviroment, or so I thought/propaganda, and yet governments have totally failed to set up charging standards and have allowed manufactures to do it themselves. Of course, you know the outcome. Multiple standards. It was written in August 2016 and maybe things have changed, I don't know.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...electric-cars/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces