HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 6:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYNYC View Post
You literally typed - and I quote - "Here's Melrose in West LA" and then included a Google images link to 8565 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood.

You clearly don't understand the distinctions between West Los Angeles, West Hollywood and The Westside, the latter of which encompasses the two former.

But, as I said, carry on, Mr. know-it-all LA booster.
Are you dense ?
I said numerous times I consider West Hollywood and Beverly Hills to be a part of West LA/Westside. I don't care about that city limits, it's the same thing.
La Cienga, roughly. I'm not alone, as the LA Times and Wikepedia, Time Out Magazine etc say the same thing.

For the 5th time, I didn't reference the West Los Angeles neighborhood. Ever. Clearly, Melrose doesn't run through the West Los Angeles neighborhood, so what the hell are you talking about?

Last edited by LA21st; Nov 27, 2019 at 2:37 PM.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 7:57 AM
Inveterate Angeleno

^ Yeah, I think it’s time to stop... please.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYNYC View Post
L.A. doesn't have a freeway loop around it in the way Houston does. Sure, if you take the stretch of 10 between the 405 and 110, the 405 between the 10 and the 101, the 101 between the 405 and the 110 you get a pseudo-loop, but Houston actually has several legit loops (610, 8, and, to a lesser degree, 6) running completely around it.
The stretches of freeway you mentioned for LA... I never even thought of that possibly being a "loop."

However, downtown LA is indeed encircled by a ring of freeways---not a loop per se:

downtownla.com

You would think in theory, you could drive, going clockwise, the 110 to the 101 to the 10 back to the 110. Some years ago, I tried to go clockwise and counterclockwise "around" downtown LA using these freeways, just to see if I could do it. Apparently, I don't remember if it was counterclockwise or clockwise, it's only possible to do it one way, and not the other.

~ Charles Bukowski

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions