HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 24, 2021, 5:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Signage for Hom Thai is being installed at the Champalin Plaza in Dieppe.

Retail Talk & Share photo

Old Posted Jan 5, 2022, 3:46 PM

In today's T&T, Dieppe set a record of $101 million in building permits during 2021

Dieppe sets new $101M building permit record in 2021

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 6:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a large crane on site at the Land Rover/Jaguar dealership, assisting in the mounting of the structure steel for the front facade of the building.

I think the new dealership will be a little more imposing than it looks on the rendering above.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 1:35 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The City of Dieppe is planning to spend $6M this year extending water and sewer services along Aviation Avenue. This is probably a good investment, as there is precious little land left available on Aviation Avenue for future development. It's time more land was brought on board.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 5:43 PM

My understanding is that Expansion Dieppe has secured almost all the land, if not all of the land, that arcs around the east end of the runway, all the way around in a big semi-circle to Champlain Street. I believe they even rezoned all of it for future use by the industrial park. This was in the works quite a few years ago. This plan is why the city has never lobbied for an exit from the airport on to Route 15 heading west towards Moncton, as one of their priorities. Rather, their priority for the past 15 or maybe even 20 years has always been to seek an exit from the airport travelling east on Aviation Boul., to a new exit on to the TCH. This might have changed because, like I said, it was their priority quite a number of years ago and sometimes plans change.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 6:17 PM

Eyeballing Google Maps, it looks like Aviation already extends all the way out to the TCH now and is running parallel to it (but only with cleared land/gravel roadbeds basically). If they were to make an interchange with the TCH, it would have to be east of the runways I think; any closer and it is too close to the 15/TCH exchange.

And that said, I'd still be left wondering WHY would they want to do that? Why take a wandering avenue from the TCH to the airport, when you could have virtually direct access from a highway via the 15. Considering it's mainly car dealers along Aviation Ave anyways, it's not as if those are businesses that benefit from passing airport traffic. At least the Dieppe Blvd/15 interchange has gas stations and motels there that better suite airport traffic.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 6:23 PM

A large lot has been cleared immediately south of 1260 Dieppe blvd, which is currently still under construction.

The plan was for three other 6-storey apartment buildings for this area. Looks like they may be planning for a spring start on the second building.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Eyeballing Google Maps, it looks like Aviation already extends all the way out to the TCH now and is running parallel to it (but only with cleared land/gravel roadbeds basically). If they were to make an interchange with the TCH, it would have to be east of the runways I think; any closer and it is too close to the 15/TCH exchange.

And that said, I'd still be left wondering WHY would they want to do that? Why take a wandering avenue from the TCH to the airport, when you could have virtually direct access from a highway via the 15. Considering it's mainly car dealers along Aviation Ave anyways, it's not as if those are businesses that benefit from passing airport traffic. At least the Dieppe Blvd/15 interchange has gas stations and motels there that better suite airport traffic.
That was their plan, a new interchange with the TCH east of the runway.
As to WHY that location, I can only assume it allows them to promote how they have a significant industrial park with direct access to the TCH as well as to a rail line and an airport. It was a long time ago so the details are fuzzy. One thing they have consistently said from the first day the new airport location was decided, was that the City of Dieppe's priority is an interchange between an extended Aviation Boulevard and the TCH and not a westward link to Route 15. They've never said differently as far as I know.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2022, 2:23 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There's a rumour out there that the former Starbuck's on Amirault is seeing some activity (people in and out of the property, carrying building materials). Anyone have any ideas???

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 1:27 PM

In today's T&T will be public hearing on Feb 14 for a proposed apartment building on the site of the old Catholic Church across from the old airport.

Proposal is for a 4 story 52 unit apartment building.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 1:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I saw the article. As usual (for Dieppe), no renderings.

Given it's location right across the street from the airport control tower, I do not expect an architectural masterpiece. I imagine the majority of the tenants will be flight college students........

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 6:01 PM

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 6:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The linked article is behind a paywall, therefore many people won't be able to see it.

Here is the photo from the article, showing the church that will be razed for the new apartment building by the airport.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 9:41 PM
Throbbing Mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

The linked article is behind a paywall, therefore many people won't be able to see it.

Here is the photo from the article, showing the church that will be razed for the new apartment building by the airport.

Why are they razing it, you think? Is it no longer structurally stable?

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 10:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There are many Catholic Churches in greater Moncton. Church attendance is plunging. Upkeep is expensive. The church also needs a lot of cash to settle lawsuits. I’m not surprised

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 2:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is now a rendering available for this proposed apartment project across from the airport:

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 6:26 PM

I heard that the Irving gas station on the northwest corner of Acadie and Champlain was sold recently. I checked on SNB and sure enough there was a sale on January 31st.

Surely this would be an ideal location for a large residential building?

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSquared View Post
I heard that the Irving gas station on the northwest corner of Acadie and Champlain was sold recently. I checked on SNB and sure enough there was a sale on January 31st.

Paper transfer. No change in beneficial ownership.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSquared View Post

I’ve always thought this along with the plaza next to it, would have been the ideal location for a Sobeys to replace the two currently in the area. There is probably still enough space behind the Irving and to the west of it to build one.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 6:27 PM

VELO Bike Ski Trail is opening a second store in Dieppe at 185 Acadie Ave

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces