HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 2, 2019, 8:22 PM

I happened to be in the Presidential Suite at the Crowne on the weekend and out one window was the Hyatt on Main St. and out another the hole for the new Hotel on Highfield...it was definitely an interesting perspective of the change on that block.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2019, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo1 View Post
I happened to be in the Presidential Suite at the Crowne on the weekend and out one window was the Hyatt on Main St. and out another the hole for the new Hotel on Highfield...it was definitely an interesting perspective of the change on that block.
It would be nice to see the "Brunswick Hotel" block get developed. The Aquilini Investment Group certainly have the track record and the means to create something exceptional there.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 2:10 PM

Webcam

If they could only swing the Avenir Centre webcam to the right a couple degrees, we could have live shots of the progress being made.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2019, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
It would be nice to see the "Brunswick Hotel" block get developed. The Aquilini Investment Group certainly have the track record and the means to create something exceptional there.
Perhaps they are just waiting to see what everyone does around them and then will say "hold my beer" and top everything...they certainly have the bank account.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2019, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo1 View Post
Perhaps they are just waiting to see what everyone does around them and then will say "hold my beer" and top everything...they certainly have the bank account.
Looking on their site, there are some pretty impressive developments that they've done. These guys are big league for sure. I don't think they would purchase the whole block unless they had plans. That being said, it could be a while before we see anything. Would be nice though!

https://www.aquilinidevelopment.com/..._24kelowna.php

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 4:38 PM

They're starting the exterior brick work on the building. Things are coming along nicely.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 5:17 PM

Several brick layers at work on the Main Street side this morning.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Several brick layers at work on the Main Street side this morning.
Driving on Main Street I noticed the brick work is coming along nicely. It looks good. Slowly but surely this building is starting to take shape.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 11:57 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Hyatt Place Hotel - current status:

As Jonny Golden pointed out, you can see the brickwork being applied on the ground floor facade facing main Street.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 11:25 PM

Sorry MonctonRad, I didn't noticed you went and updated some photos. Not trying to out-do you. I went today and took a few photos, as you probably seen in the other threads. Since I have the photos, might as well post them.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 11:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

No worries, the brickwork has progressed since my previous post.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 1:07 AM

I haven't been a fan of the size and height of the Hyatt Place, but I do appreciate the brick work going on, I wish there was more of it and less of the upcoming black panels. The ceiling height looks very low, perhaps it's just me or did someone else noticed this?

Last edited by OUIR@random; Aug 12, 2019 at 1:23 AM.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
I haven't been a fan of the size and height of the Hyatt Place, but I do appreciate the brick work going on, I wish there was more of it and less of the upcoming black panels. The ceiling height looks very low, perhaps it's just me or did someone else noticed this?
I remember Corey Craig Group saying that Hyatt Place was their most ambitious project to date. For them it's big, but I agree that a taller version would have been nice to see in this key location. On the other hand, with it being only 120 rooms maybe that left the door open for the construction of the 4 story Hilton Garden Inn on Highfield Street.
What I'd really like to see is Aquilini Development step up and do something with the Crowne Plaza block. They certainly are capable of creating something substantial there.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 12:10 AM

Took a photo of the back door last week. Not much going on, but it gives something else to look at.

Rooftop gardens seems to be the 'in' thing these days. Would be nice to see something here.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 12:35 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is an interesting perspective actually, and shows how the density around the Highfield/Main intersection has become increasingly urban. Great photo!

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

This is an interesting perspective actually, and shows how the density around the Highfield/Main intersection has become increasingly urban. Great photo!
Agree. And if/when Aquilini Properties does something with the Crowne Plaza block it will really add to the urban look of this area. Looking at their website, one can see that they are very capable of creating a really significant development if they so choose.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 7:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Hyatt Place Hotel - current status:

Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 2:39 AM

Drove by the Hyatt just before 7:00 PM tonight. The gates were still open, so I guess there were still workers on site.
I couldn't help but look across the street to the Crowne Plaza block. Some day......

Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 12:13 PM

Im sorry but this building does nothing for me. Shame such an underwhelming structure is going up on such a prominent intersection. Feels like we got cheated.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J81 View Post
Im sorry but this building does nothing for me. Shame such an underwhelming structure is going up on such a prominent intersection. Feels like we got cheated.
It's really not tall enough.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces