HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 22, 2013, 8:00 PM

I strolled by Peachtree Walk and Spring St today. Lots of activity there, i.e. moving dirt into piles.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2013, 11:27 PM

For just an afternoon stroll, that is a nice picture. I'm glad to see a highrise moving forward in Midtown since Skyhouse south is about finished.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2013, 1:50 AM

Looks like they've made a some improvements to the podium for this tower.

Old rendering

Old Posted Oct 23, 2013, 7:06 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Looks like they've made a some improvements to the podium for this tower.

Old rendering
SO. MUCH. BETTER.

When are they starting on this? Or have they already?

Old Posted Oct 23, 2013, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
SO. MUCH. BETTER.

The city required them to shield their parking deck. Not sure where the pool is going, unless its a very small pool on the right side of the picture there.

Demolition has started. They are waiting to finalize public financing and construction will start later this year.
Public Cash For Luxe Midtown Tower? (And A Rendering?)

Old Posted Oct 23, 2013, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
SO. MUCH. BETTER.

They have started demolishing the buildings on the site but no one seems to know for sure if the project is starting or not.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2013, 4:18 PM

I walked by the site of the new Georgia State U School of Law. They are under construction.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2013, 7:45 PM

280 Elizabeth update

There was a long-buried creek bed that ran under the property which used to flood frequently when the old Mead factory had that gigantic surface parking lot. Since the development of Inman Park Village and the pond, it's gotten better but it looks like they are aiming to solve the problem once-and-for-all. Here's what I call Mount Victory Sandwich with the enormous water-handling system in the foreground. That's Savi Market on the back side of the mountain

Old Posted Oct 25, 2013, 7:38 PM

Quote:
They have started demolishing the buildings on the site but no one seems to know for sure if the project is starting or not.
It is definitely starting later this year, since they already hired a builder and secured financing from the ADA.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2013, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
There was a long-buried creek bed that ran under the property which used to flood frequently when the old Mead factory had that gigantic surface parking lot. Since the development of Inman Park Village and the pond, it's gotten better but it looks like they are aiming to solve the problem once-and-for-all. Here's what I call Mount Victory Sandwich with the enormous water-handling system in the foreground.
Glad to see this happening. Do you know who is funding this? I assume it's part of a private development.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2013, 5:02 PM

This is an updated site plan for 1845 Piedmont which now includes a grocer.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2013, 5:54 PM

I don't want to go too far off the reservation here, but I'm curious if there have ever been building plans for the parking lot on 7th and Peachtree, next to Bulldogs and across 7th from Starbucks. That's a big, empty lot that will certainly be some building some day. Is there an active proposal for that, or has there ever been one?

Anything that goes there could affect my view so I'm heavily vested in what would happen to it.

Thanks to anyone who knows anything.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2013, 8:11 PM

I had a vague memory of a proposal for that site just before the real estate crash. I did a search and was able to find the Business Chronicle article on it.

Quote:
Hines, the Houston-based developer of Midtown's new 1180 Peachtree office tower, is ready to show Atlanta it can build condominiums, too.

The company is preparing a joint venture with two Midtown landowners to develop a 40-story condo tower on Peachtree Street. The high-rise would be the first residential project for Hines in metro Atlanta and among the tallest condo towers in the city. A second, smaller building would house a 200-room boutique hotel, which would share services with condominium owners.

The development lot follows Seventh to Juniper Street and then sweeps behind a small parking lot and Bulldogs nightclub. The parking lot and nightclub are not part of the deal and will remain in operation.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/s....html?page=all

Old Posted Oct 29, 2013, 10:24 PM

Weird, but cool idea for the "t'aint" area. (It t'aint Downtown, and it t'aint Midtown.)

Midtown Theater Has Bold Vision For Nearby Vacant Spaces

Old Posted Oct 31, 2013, 2:38 AM

At the recommendation of the review committee, Novare plans to screen the parking deck of Skyhouse Buckhead both on Stratford and overlooking 400 but in the heart of Midtown they were able to put up a horrible bare concrete monstrosity with no problem.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2013, 2:30 PM

Quote:
At the recommendation of the review committee, Novare plans to screen the parking deck of Skyhouse Buckhead both on Stratford and overlooking 400 but in the heart of Midtown they were able to put up a horrible bare concrete monstrosity with no problem.
I'm guessing you're referring to Skyhouse Midtown vs. Skyhouse South right? While I'd obviously prefer the deck at Skyhouse South not being there at all, the brick finish and architectural details actually don't look half bad. There will also be 10k+ sq ft of retail (looks like the Buckhead one has none), greenery growing up the side and trees to block most of it (it's only a 3-4 story deck).

Old Posted Nov 1, 2013, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clexmond View Post
I'm guessing you're referring to Skyhouse Midtown vs. Skyhouse South right? While I'd obviously prefer the deck at Skyhouse South not being there at all, the brick finish and architectural details actually don't look half bad. There will also be 10k+ sq ft of retail (looks like the Buckhead one has none), greenery growing up the side and trees to block most of it (it's only a 3-4 story deck).
No I'm comparing Skyhouse Buckhead to this. Why was the same recommendation not made here?

Old Posted Nov 1, 2013, 9:03 PM

Quote:
No I'm comparing Skyhouse Buckhead to this. Why was the same recommendation not made here?

That's a good question, I agree that one is pretty god awful.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2013, 9:21 PM

:previous:

However misguided it may be, it could be the difference between being seen by 10,000 people a day and 100,000 people a day. I'm not sure why they would be more concerned by the apprearence of the deck from a highway than enhancing the pedestrian experience in a walkable area...

Old Posted Nov 2, 2013, 1:12 PM

Quote:

Wow, I didn't realize it was that hideous!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta