HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 20, 2016, 4:34 AM

Lancaster Mews - 3600 Lancaster - apartments/commercial/retail - 5 floors

CDR Submission:
http://www.phila.gov/CityPlanning/pr...16_reduced.pdf

Old Posted Oct 20, 2016, 7:03 AM
More of that.

Lincoln Square Video

Old Posted Oct 20, 2016, 12:43 PM
BANNED

Not sure why people are hating on Lincoln square- I think it looks pretty good.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2016, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
Not sure why people are hating on Lincoln square- I think it looks pretty good.
Agreed. I do think that the "Lincoln Walk" and "plaza" in front of the shed addition/supermarket are misguided and will be underutilized. Very few people are going to want to walk mid-block between Broad and 15th, although I suppose having a passage there is a necessary evil to preserve the aesthetic integrity of the shed. The plaza just seems like wasted, unnecessarily empty space to me. That said: perfect is the enemy of the good, and God am I embarrassed by the empty lots there.

One thing I think people are missing in the new CDR plans is the addition of a second floor of commercial on the Washington Avenue side, which was absent from the earlier rendering. Would be perfect for a big box store, and we know Target was sniffing around that intersection...

Old Posted Oct 20, 2016, 4:21 PM

Not sure if posted yet, but finally a development by right on the Delaware

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...ith-renderings

Old Posted Oct 20, 2016, 7:34 PM

One Franklin Plaza Getting a Major Makeover

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...major-makeover

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 6:06 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsarstruck View Post
Agreed. I do think that the "Lincoln Walk" and "plaza" in front of the shed addition/supermarket are misguided and will be underutilized. Very few people are going to want to walk mid-block between Broad and 15th, although I suppose having a passage there is a necessary evil to preserve the aesthetic integrity of the shed. The plaza just seems like wasted, unnecessarily empty space to me. That said: perfect is the enemy of the good, and God am I embarrassed by the empty lots there.
I strongly suspect the design there is driven by the tenant's needs. Remember, they're starting with the historic train shed, and the annex's main purpose is to tack on extra square footage from there. If the tenant wanted a bigger space, the plaza would be smaller (or nonexistent).

BTW, any guesses on the tenant? My guess is that it's either a Whole Foods (but what about 10th & South?) or a Wakefern property (Shop Rite, Fresh Grocer). Brown's Shop Rite seems to be experimenting with an upscale Fresh Grocer branding, if you've been to Wyncote lately.
Quote:
One thing I think people are missing in the new CDR plans is the addition of a second floor of commercial on the Washington Avenue side, which was absent from the earlier rendering. Would be perfect for a big box store, and we know Target was sniffing around that intersection...
I noticed that too! I would not be surprised if Target signed a lease here after they realized Blatstein's rapidly turning into a Trump-esque scam artist.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
I would not be surprised if Target signed a lease here after they realized Blatstein's rapidly turning into a Trump-esque scam artist.
I think Blatstein's reputation came to exceed his abilities, thanks to the Piazza at Schmidt's. Before that he had lots of unrealized ideas, punctuated by shopping centers. The status quo has simply been restored, now that . Not a political statement at all, but at least Trump has some substantial structures to his credit in NY and Chicago.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 5:03 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
I think Blatstein's reputation came to exceed his abilities, thanks to the Piazza at Schmidt's. Before that he had lots of unrealized ideas, punctuated by shopping centers. The status quo has simply been restored, now that . Not a political statement at all, but at least Trump has some substantial structures to his credit in NY and Chicago.
Blatstein is no Trump. That's for sure. But I think more recently in the prior years, it is his trademark name on the buildings as oppose to being the actually develop of the buildings. Trump is a brand.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
Blatstein is no Trump. That's for sure. But I think more recently in the prior years, it is his trademark name on the buildings as oppose to being the actually develop of the buildings. Trump is a brand.
No argument there. Blatstein's certainly not a brand either.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 9:26 PM

Old Posted Oct 23, 2016, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Bear in mind the Piazza wasn't Blatstein's idea. He wanted to put a bland shopping center there but got heavy pressure and input from others to do something unique. He got a lot of credit for the idea of three other people. I'm no fan of Trump-the-man, but as a developer he leans heavily on the input of architects, then slaps his name on them in big gold letters. If Trump takes charge of the design, he's more like the interior decorator.

Blatstein OTOH has really strong-armed creative control over his most recent proposals, and it seems the more people point out flaws, the more stubborn he is about fixing them. He's not an architect but fancies himself one, and I think a lot of that comes from the unearned praise he received for the Piazza.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2016, 2:10 AM

^^ You are correct (and yes, I'm aware) that Blatstein's greatest claim to fame is something into which he was pushed. Whatever you think of Trump, he's historically been a "doer."

Old Posted Oct 23, 2016, 5:08 AM

Quote:
^^ You are correct (and yes, I'm aware) that Blatstein's greatest claim to fame is something into which he was pushed. Whatever you think of Trump, he's historically been a "doer."
Totally. Trump is definitely a guy who doesn't take "no" for an answer.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2016, 4:05 PM
Philly Pholly

This is a very transformative project. Is there a name to this project? Is there a web site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Broad & Callowhill - apartments/retail - two 6 floor buildings

East Building

West Building

Last edited by SEFTA; Oct 23, 2016 at 4:58 PM.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2016, 4:49 PM

The Broad & Callowhill project is looking good. Bonus, I believe it's before the blocks where those hideous light posts (ruining N. Broad) begin.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2016, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
What is the name of this project? Is there a web site?
It's a Parkway project (that is well behind schedule, but most development is). There is little info to speak of on it on their website.

http://www.parkwaycorp.com/index.php?id=180

Old Posted Oct 23, 2016, 8:50 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
This is a very transformative project. Is there a name to this project? Is there a web site?
It's the Hanover North Broad. The developer is Houston-based Hanover Company. They're slowly working their way into the Northeast.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Oct 23, 2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
It's the Hanover North Broad. The developer is Houston-based Hanover Company. They're slowly working their way into the Northeast.
Oh! Nice.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 3:03 PM

The Adagio - 4 story townhomes - Front and Sansom St.

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...ot-in-old-city

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development