HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 8:15 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
When I complained here that Cheuvront's was being replaced by Pizza People Pub I was told that Pizza People Pub was a much needed sports bar. I guess it didn't meet the needs.
Pizza People Pub, I wouldn't consider Midtown. Even so, they are in an area that is really not busy enough with foot traffic (maybe that will change with Circa and Portrait's recent completions). Park Central has more foot traffic and will have much more once Creighton and then adjacent residential development has been completed along with the recently completed Parc, Alta, Broadstone and soon to be completed Columbus and Central apartments all within 2 blocks of walking distance.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 8:17 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Is Pizza People Club closing?
Not that I am aware of.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 8:30 PM
self-important urbanista

I don't think anyone is saying that Pizza People Pub is closing -- just that it alone didn't satisfy the Midtown market for sports bars. That makes sense because I would never think of it as a sports bar. Sure, it has some big screens at the bar, but it isn't focused on sports the way Zipps is.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Pizza People Pub, I wouldn't consider Midtown. Even so, they are in an area that is really not busy enough with foot traffic (maybe that will change with Circa and Portrait's recent completions). Park Central has more foot traffic and will have much more once Creighton and then adjacent residential development has been completed along with the recently completed Parc, Alta, Broadstone and soon to be completed Columbus and Central apartments all within 2 blocks of walking distance.
As somebody who lies near by I will be hitting the zipps for beers and wings regularly as I will be able to walk to it. There are just not enough walkable joints yet for an area blowing up with housing.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:05 PM
Modulator

Cityscape getting 3 new restaurants: Dog Haus Biergarten, Pigtails Cocktails and Nektar Juice Bar.

Quote:
Three new restaurants to open at CityScape in downtown Phoenix

CityScape, the downtown Phoenix mixed-use development, will be home to three new restaurants during the next few months.

The property, which is managed by Red Development, will soon be home to Dog Haus Biergarten, Pigtails Cocktail Bar and Nekter Juice Bar.

All three concepts will open on the corner of Washington Street and Central Avenue, across from Urban Outfitters.

The three eateries will spilt up the larger space once used by Startups on Central, a former pop-up co-working/co-doing space.

Red Development has not specified when those restaurants and bars will open, but said in an announcement said that the exact opening dates will be announced later in the year.

Here's a quick look at the three new restaurants:

Dog Haus Biergarten, a franchised concept known for its gourmet hot dogs and sausages, will take up a 2,363 square-foot space. There are Dog Haus locations in Scottsdale and Yuma, and the Valley’s first Dog Haus Biergarten will open later this fall in SanTan Village in Gilbert.

Pigtails Cocktail Bar is the sister-concept to the Whining Pig Beer & Wine Bar. It will open in a 1,294 square-foot space. Whining Pig owner Daniel Caprario told the Business Journal the new location will open in early 2020 and he plans to keep open the Whining Pig location just a few blocks east on Second and Washington streets.

Nekter Juice Bar will open in a 1,350 square-foot location.
Next to CityScape on the east side, Red is set to complete the first phase of its Block 23 development this week with Fry’s Food Stores opening its doors on Oct. 23.
Source: https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...yscape-in.html

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Cityscape getting 3 new restaurants: Dog Haus Biergarten, Pigtails Cocktails and Nektar Juice Bar.

Source: https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...yscape-in.html
Nice! That just leaves the old GrabaGreen spot left to be filled??

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:55 PM

I quite enjoy Dog Haus. Not a big hot dog fan but they have a lot of fun and interesting creations and the king's hawaiian buns really are nice.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 3:50 PM

Sauce in the Union development in Tempe is open.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/mon...a01a75644.html

Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 3:59 PM

Century Grand

Finally made it out to Century Grand last night. Pretty amazing concept. Food is nothing special but the cocktails and atmosphere is legit. Platform 18 is so cool.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2019, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Finally made it out to Century Grand last night. Pretty amazing concept. Food is nothing special but the cocktails and atmosphere is legit. Platform 18 is so cool.
Thanks for the invite!!

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 8:49 PM

I don't know that it has been mentioned yet, but Lenny's is open in the new midtown location. Plus side, they will now be open weekends according to staff. Negative side, Internet is extremely slow.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
I don't know that it has been mentioned yet, but Lenny's is open in the new midtown location. Plus side, they will now be open weekends according to staff. Negative side, Internet is extremely slow.
Got a breakfast burrito today.

It was good.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 11:13 PM
self-important urbanista

There's a new place called "Dvina Modern Fare" coming to the site on 5th Street where Jobot and then Rise used to be. They're applying for a liquor license and a use permit to allow entertainment. I don't have any more details.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
There's a new place called "Dvina Modern Fare" coming to the site on 5th Street where Jobot and then Rise used to be. They're applying for a liquor license and a use permit to allow entertainment. I don't have any more details.
Couldn’t figure out what this was. Sounds fancy-ish, probably more cocktail oriented rather than beer like neighboring Lost Leaf.

Update: Some light digging reveals Dvina will be a restaurant/bar and nightlife concept.

The house across 5th st, being renovated by Blocks at Roosevelt Row, no longer has its ‘For Lease’ signs plastered across it. Either because of the renovations or a concept has been chosen...let the speculation begin.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 8:30 PM
Modulator

Walked by the future Punch Bowl Social. The doors were open and the interior was fully gutted with workers inside. Moving slowly, but moving.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 7:16 PM
self-important urbanista

Root and Soul, which started at the DeSoto Market and then moved to north Scottsdale, is returning to downtown Phoenix. It will occupy the space that has been vacant since Milk Bar closed:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...ix/4099786002/

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Root and Soul, which started at the DeSoto Market and then moved to north Scottsdale, is returning to downtown Phoenix. It will occupy the space that has been vacant since Milk Bar closed:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...ix/4099786002/
Glad to see that place get occupied its a fantastic location.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Glad to see that place get occupied its a fantastic location.
Agreed. I’m glad to hear they are coming back to downtown

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 6:10 PM
self-important urbanista

News of two closures today:

1) Daily Jam (fka NCounter) is locked out of its location at Union. Unfortunately, this development doesn't surprise me. It never caught on the way it did in downtown Tempe. Having a patio facing east with minimal shade doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a breakfast restaurant.

2) Snoh Ice Shavery is closing its location of McKinley:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...xt/4169299002/

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 6:18 PM

Quote:
News of two closures today:

1) Daily Jam (fka NCounter) is locked out of its location at Union. Unfortunately, this development doesn't surprise me. It never caught on the way it did in downtown Tempe. Having a patio facing east with minimal shade doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a breakfast restaurant.

2) Snoh Ice Shavery is closing its location of McKinley:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...xt/4169299002/
Yeah Daily Jam is not surprising. However, Snoh is. What a bummer...love going there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest