HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Sep 19, 2020, 1:39 AM
Community Guy

Maybe 10

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 19, 2020, 2:43 AM

The forest fire smoke from the States isn't stopping the motorcyclists from running their loud exhausts into the ground tonight. It's a weekend night so the noise will continue overnight. The laws put forward by City Council and enforced by EPS are not worth wiping your ass with.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2020, 7:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee View Post
The forest fire smoke from the States isn't stopping the motorcyclists from running their loud exhausts into the ground tonight. It's a weekend night so the noise will continue overnight. The laws put forward by City Council and enforced by EPS are not worth wiping your ass with.
Don't just rant here. Go complain to EPS. They're the only ones who can make a difference.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2020, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam-machiavelli View Post
Don't just rant here. Go complain to EPS. They're the only ones who can make a difference.
I have complained to EPS, Mayor Iveson and Councillor McKeen but no responses, just crickets.
The next municipal election cannot come soon enough.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2020, 5:57 PM
Community Guy

Last night was once again awful for vehicular noise. We were on a patio on Jasper for and hour and a bit and it was not only annoying, but actually quite disruptive to the staff and band.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Last night was once again awful for vehicular noise. We were on a patio on Jasper for and hour and a bit and it was not only annoying, but actually quite disruptive to the staff and band.
I want a Michael Bay Transformers movie where, after a heavy bender, several Decepticons are just trying to travel Edmonton roads while nursing a horrible hangovers, but their internal suffrage turns to external rage as the constant barrage of 'loudeners' on vehicles becomes too much.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 12:06 AM

People are ripping up 98ave out of the valley. Non stop crotch rockets, old man bikes, fart cans and cherries.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 10:11 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Puget Sound Radio is mostly just nostalgic crap for old fogeys who missed out on reporting the firing of Stacey Brotzel and Rob Williams from CTV a couple of weeks ago, so I find it refreshing to see a real news story for once.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee View Post
Puget Sound Radio is mostly just nostalgic crap for old fogeys who missed out on reporting the firing of Stacey Brotzel and Rob Williams from CTV a couple of weeks ago, so I find it refreshing to see a real news story for once.
Wow, Jesperson gone too? I may have only agreed with him 50% of the time, but being left with Calgary's version of Rush Limbaugh is reducing my morning radio options.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2020, 4:09 PM
Community Guy

Cutting red tape for businesses and industry
October 27, 2020

The City is cutting red tape and reducing barriers to make it easier for businesses and industry to be successful.

As part of ongoing improvement efforts, the City presented Council with the Reductions to Small Business Regulations report. This work will enable more effective and efficient service delivery, while reducing the regulatory burden faced by Edmonton’s businesses.

The report outlines specific actions to improve permits and licensing services. Multiple improvements include:
Setting service levels (timeline targets)
Improving Commercial Permitting and Business Licensing service delivery and experience
Regulation changes to reduce barriers
Increased online permit services, such as online sign permits
Leveraging technology through remote video inspections and inspector route optimization

These changes remove unnecessary barriers for businesses, enhance service efficiency and enable a more timely response.

“Supporting Edmonton’s business community is even more critical given current economic challenges,” said Lana Phillips, Acting Director of Business Performance. “One of the primary ways that the City serves the community and small business owners is through permit and licence services. We have done extensive engagement with the industry and our staff to bring these significant improvements to life.”

Small businesses vary in size, and 78 per cent of businesses in Edmonton employ less than nine employees. The ability to consistently provide permit and licence services in a timely, predictable and effective way, can influence decisions to open or expand a business in Edmonton. This in turn grows prosperity for our Metro Region by driving innovation, competitiveness and relevance for our businesses at the local and global level.

For more information:
edmonton.ca/permitimprovements

Media contact:
Jennifer Renner
Communications Advisor
Communications and Engagement
780-862-2957

Old Posted Nov 3, 2020, 8:29 PM
Community Guy

Sadly, I am told that Aurora has vacated their two full floors and moved to YEG. It is well known that their world is complex right now, but it was mentioned to me that they also were 'not impressed' by what was happening on the streets of Downtown Edmonton...

Old Posted Nov 3, 2020, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Sadly, I am told that Aurora has vacated their two full floors and moved to YEG. It is well known that their world is complex right now, but it was mentioned to me that they also were 'not impressed' by what was happening on the streets of Downtown Edmonton...
What does that mean??

Old Posted Nov 3, 2020, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Oh right, the cannabis company that keeps hemorrhaging money?

Old Posted Nov 3, 2020, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB09 View Post
What does that mean??
All this new housing for the homeless won't decrease the shopping cart crowd and beggars. What corporation wants its staff to see that when they enter and leave the building. Edmonton needs to stop pandering to these people and move them from the city centre. Shoot me.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2020, 3:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
All this new housing for the homeless won't decrease the shopping cart crowd and beggars. What corporation wants its staff to see that when they enter and leave the building. Edmonton needs to stop pandering to these people and move them from the city centre. Shoot me.
Unfortunately, it sounds like the only option being pursued by the city is turning the convention centre into a homeless shelter. Good luck ever trying to untie that knot down the road.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2020, 6:23 PM
A Better Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
Move them where though?

Old Posted Nov 4, 2020, 7:28 PM

St. Albert and Sherwood Park. ^

Old Posted Nov 4, 2020, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenco View Post
St. Albert and Sherwood Park. ^
Just so.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2020, 9:40 PM

Closing down a treatment facility in Gunn. will really help the problem.

We have also seen a few charities that do work with the homeless close due to Covid. Most of their members are older and cannot be safely away.

This may be a great time for forum members to help out in some way.

And Shockingly St Albert Does have a homeless population, I know I was shocked as well.

I was thinking maybe the various levels of Government could buy the Edmonton in and turn it into a facility to help all levels of homelessness.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton