HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 5:02 PM

DALLAS l Baylor Cancer Hospital l 10 floors l U/C

I'm kinda late posting this since it's well under way, but better late than never I guess...

Quote:
First Dedicated Cancer Hospital Coming to North Texas
$350 Million Facility Will Include Largest Outpatient Cancer Center in North Texas

214.820.4827 office
214.344.3068 pager
214.597.5662 cell
Maria.Carpenter@BaylorHealth.edu

(DALLAS, TEXAS) – With goals of reducing cancer to a chronic disease and ultimately finding a cure, Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas will formally announce on September 26 that it is developing North Texas’ first dedicated cancer hospital along with a new outpatient cancer center that will be the largest in North Texas. The new 450,000-square-foot cancer center is scheduled to open in 2011, and construction of the dedicated cancer hospital will begin in 2010 with completion scheduled for 2013.

“When completed in 2013, it will be our goal to be a nationally and internationally renowned cancer care destination, building on Baylor Dallas’ commitment to providing advanced cancer treatments and leading the charge of improvement in cancer care through research,” said Joel T. Allison, president of Baylor Health Care System.

The outpatient cancer center and inpatient cancer hospital are a $350 million investment.

“Baylor Dallas has historically been the leader in cancer care in North Texas, and we feel a great responsibility to offer the best cancer care in the country,” said John B. McWhorter, the hospital’s president, and senior vice president at Baylor Health Care System. “We want people to be cared for in a compassionate manner. And we want to continue to be the destination center for cancer care for citizens of North Texas.”

The outpatient cancer center will provide a full range of cancer-related services, including physician offices, radiation, chemotherapy, pain management and complementary medicine, such as massage therapy and support groups. The inpatient cancer hospital will be built as an expansion of the Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center at Dallas and will feature 120 beds.

“We’re entering a new era in cancer care at Baylor Dallas,” said Marvin Stone, M.D., medical oncologist and chief of oncology on the medical staff at Baylor Dallas. Dr. Stone is also the director of the Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center, which opened in 1976.

“We’ve made enormous progress during the past 32 years, but now we’re ready to rise to the next level, paralleling the striking advancements we’ve seen in the field,” he said.

http://www.baylorhealth.com/About/Ne.../09262008.aspx

http://www.baylorhealth.com/Physicia...s/Default.aspx

Some construction updates from the webcam...

Aug. '09

Nov. '09

Jan. '10

Old Posted Feb 4, 2010, 5:53 AM
Hopeful Graduate

Wow, its seems like new projects are poping up all around dallas!

Old Posted Mar 20, 2010, 10:15 AM

Old Posted Apr 27, 2010, 12:47 PM

Old Posted Jul 8, 2010, 1:13 PM

Old Posted Jul 8, 2010, 4:08 PM

Nice looking building.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2010, 12:16 AM
Hopeful Graduate

Coming along great!

Old Posted Aug 12, 2010, 3:57 PM

I snapped a couple of quick pics in passing. I hope to get back down there and get a better look soon...

Old Posted Sep 20, 2010, 7:09 PM

Old Posted Jul 15, 2015, 5:36 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Complete

==========================
http://www.baylorhealth.com/Pages/De...oRedirect=true

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive