HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 4:31 PM

New year-round farmers market to open in Moncton next month
https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tim...thurs-moncton-
Quote:
MacArthur's Nurseries will open a year-round farmers' market next month.

The market, which will be open seven days a week, will serve locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs, said Alain Levesque, vice-president of the family owned and operated Moncton business on McLaughlin Drive.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 4:46 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Photo of the new Subway at McLaughlin Place.

Retail Talk & Share

Interesting design and signage.

I noted on a recent drive by that there is still room in the corner there for a second drive through lane, so perhaps the developers are still hoping for an A&W next door to the Subway.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Photo of the new Subway at McLaughlin Place.

Retail Talk & Share

Interesting design and signage.

I noted on a recent drive by that there is still room in the corner there for a second drive through lane, so perhaps the developers are still hoping for an A&W next door to the Subway.
Funny you should say that as far as I know A&W are still looking for a franchise owner for the area so this may not be the only location that is yet to be confirmed Usually they would say location meaning one not area, as in Moncton East. This might have been a slip of the tongue from A&W staff but I do think there looking for a multiple unit expansion in greater Moncton Including this location.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 6:59 PM

That's the first store I've seen with their new branding. I don't know if I like it that much. They've now had 3 different logos within 20 years or so, the key to brand recognition is consistency.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 8:50 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The foundation is now going in for phase two of the Shannex Faubourg du Mascaret on Morton Ave. These are the buildings circled in red on the above rendering.

Old Posted May 17, 2017, 11:09 AM

Moncton SPCA is looking to build a new facility at the cost of 5.8 Million dollars. The new facility would be built on another plot of land still within the Caledonia Industrial Park. It seems there current location is no longer adequate. I did talk to a few people, and they've said that the air quality in the building is bad for staff, and animals It was built at the Building standards that did in fact exist nearly 35 years ago but that is no longer adequate now.

Old Posted May 17, 2017, 11:14 AM

Double post

Old Posted May 17, 2017, 12:50 PM

SPCA - preliminary conceptual rendering:

Source: Times & Transcript - https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tim...ory/100198266/

Quote:
If funding sources can be secured - both from governments and through fundraising efforts - then the plans to build a one-storey, 24,143 sq-ft building can go forward.

[...]

While plans are preliminary, the hope is to secure funding in time to have a new building open in 2020, said Rogers, who is concerned with the state of the current facility.

Old Posted May 17, 2017, 12:52 PM

Saw that site prep has started for the Mcs Sanitation building and there's a coming soon sign up for Guacamole in one of the units behind the new Subway in McLaughlin Place

Old Posted May 24, 2017, 2:06 PM

Now that Subway has moved out and into their new location in McLaughlin Place, word is that Pannizza is opening in the former Subway.

Retail Talk and Share

Old Posted May 24, 2017, 5:48 PM

Yes Panizza confirmed some time ago.
My neighbourhood, so I get to give them a taste test finally.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 1:19 PM

The coming soon signs are up for the new Pharmasave at McLaughlin Place

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 3:57 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They are clearing land at the front of the Sobey's development on Elmwood Drive (across Filles de Jesus from Lawtons).

I wonder if new construction is imminent?

If I recall, I think this lot was slated for a fast food place of some kind........

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 8:29 PM

Quote:
They are clearing land at the front of the Sobey's development on Elmwood Drive (across Filles de Jesus from Lawtons).

If I recall, I think this lot was slated for a fast food place of some kind........
If construction is imminent I wonder who the tenant will be since the other location at the McLaughlin Plaza was supposed to be A & W seems to be a bust.

Personally I'm wondering if it's going to be a stand alone Taco Bell location since there are Rumors they plan on having 3-4 in Moncton, and potentially 1 in Dieppe, and another in Riverview.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2017, 8:00 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
If construction is imminent I wonder who the tenant will be since the other location at the McLaughlin Plaza was supposed to be A & W seems to be a bust.

Personally I'm wondering if it's going to be a stand alone Taco Bell location since there are Rumors they plan on having 3-4 in Moncton, and potentially 1 in Dieppe, and another in Riverview.
Taco Bell accounts for about 25-30% of sales at the KFC/Taco Bell location in Dieppe. I've spoken with the manager and he assured me many times a stand alone Taco Bell would not be financially viable. I don't think it will be a stand alone though another shared store possibly with a second Pizza Hut is certainly an option.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2017, 12:00 AM

Please be Wendy's, please be Wendy's...

Old Posted Jun 11, 2017, 12:11 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefer View Post
Please be Wendy's, please be Wendy's...
Well, this is all we got - the building at the front shows a drive-thru, hence the supposition that it represents a fast food restaurant/coffee shop.

Please God not another Tim Horton's...........

Old Posted Jun 13, 2017, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
Taco Bell accounts for about 25-30% of sales at the KFC/Taco Bell location in Dieppe. I've spoken with the manager and he assured me many times a stand alone Taco Bell would not be financially viable. I don't think it will be a stand alone though another shared store possibly with a second Pizza Hut is certainly an option.
Maybe it accounts for only 25-30% of sales because they only sell about 30% of the items on the menu of a full service stand alone Taco Bell.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2017, 9:08 PM
I have no Title

Quote:

I could really see an a&w or Taco Bell/KFC or even a Burger King there. I also wouldn't rule out another subway (3very close to each other). I highly doubt another pizza place would go here considering the number of them in this close proximity. (Freddie's, pizza delight, Greco and others) in the area... I really think a&w would probably go on the other side of the overpass where the new home hardware as they seem to be liking the off the highway locations lately.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2017, 3:12 AM

Pannizza at 99 Morton Avenue is scheduled to open for business on Thursday, June 15 !! In the old Subway next to Needs.

Picture by Bessie Vators

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces