HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 25, 2017, 5:50 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I'm looking at the forum and have not seen a comment But TD was looking for an area that would work for them now, and in a later expansion they don't want to have to move out, or have a split call centre like others have done in the passed so I do see them potentially taking a floor, or 2 in 1222 Main rather then the old RBC call centre. Although it would work for them now it's to small for future expansion plans the way I have been hearing it.
I saw that they wanted a space with future expansion possibilities (meaning that the ultimate workforce will be more than 575 employees). I agree that this would work in 1222 Main St's favour.

Quote:
Also one of the 2 major reasons they picked Moncton is The Bilingual work force
I'm sure this was a factor in their consideration (as Erick pointed out), but since our main competitor was Halifax, I don't think it was the main consideration. Not all employees in this centre will have to be bilingual.

Quote:
and the second seems to be the lack of call backs in other call centres in the area versus any other call centre in Canada. The second reason is not certain but having worked in call centres 90% of my working like I can attest to the lack of Call backs received compared to other centres.
Indeed. From my understanding, Moncton has developed a reputation of being a "financial services centre of excellence". If this is true, this bodes well for the future.

Old Posted May 25, 2017, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Indeed. From my understanding, Moncton has developed a reputation of being a "financial services centre of excellence". If this is true, this bodes well for the future.
Didn't I also hear something about the fibre optic hub being a factor as well?

Old Posted May 25, 2017, 7:35 PM

What is a callback? An issue that was not resolved during a client's first call?

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
What is a callback? An issue that was not resolved during a client's first call?
Call backs are usually because of an issue that has yet to be resolved yes. But the problem is Call centres in Moncton (at least the ones I've worked at) they say time, and quality while it seems other call centres say time is the only factor so they will often not resolved the issue fully if they do at all. Moncton call centres, and employees are seen as time, and quality efficiency experts in that aspect.

This is a big draw for potentially new call centres to set up shop in Moncton.

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Call backs are usually because of an issue that has yet to be resolved yes. But the problem is Call centres in Moncton (at least the ones I've worked at) they say time, and quality while it seems other call centres say time is the only factor so they will often not resolved the issue fully if they do at all. Moncton call centres, and employees are seen as time, and quality efficiency experts in that aspect.

This is a big draw for potentially new call centres to set up shop in Moncton.
Very efficient work force!

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 12:24 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

from the GNB website:

Four infrastructure projects in Moncton
31 May 2017

MONCTON (GNB) – The provincial government will fund four infrastructure projects in Moncton this year under the Municipal Designated Highway Program. These will be funded jointly with the municipality.

“Your government is listening to the needs of municipalities and is getting things done,” said Transportation and Infrastructure Minister Bill Fraser. “It is important that municipalities like the City of Moncton have a strong partner at the provincial level, and that is what we are reaffirming with the announcement of these projects.”

One project involves paving 800 metres of Elmwood Drive, from Massey Street to civic number 320. The three remaining projects will involve micro-surfacing along city streets, including:

2.9 km of Main Street, from Lutz Street to Wheeler Boulevard
600 metres of Gorge Road, from civic number 304 to King’s Bridge Boulevard
2 km of Mountain Road, from Ryan Street to Gorge Road
Another 300 metres of micro-surfacing on the Mountain Road project at the Route 15 interchange will be funded solely by the provincial government. Micro-surfacing helps extend the lifespan of existing infrastructure.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 1:11 AM

Quote:
from the GNB website:

Four infrastructure projects in Moncton
31 May 2017

MONCTON (GNB) – The provincial government will fund four infrastructure projects in Moncton this year under the Municipal Designated Highway Program. These will be funded jointly with the municipality.

“Your government is listening to the needs of municipalities and is getting things done,” said Transportation and Infrastructure Minister Bill Fraser. “It is important that municipalities like the City of Moncton have a strong partner at the provincial level, and that is what we are reaffirming with the announcement of these projects.”

One project involves paving 800 metres of Elmwood Drive, from Massey Street to civic number 320. The three remaining projects will involve micro-surfacing along city streets, including:

2.9 km of Main Street, from Lutz Street to Wheeler Boulevard
600 metres of Gorge Road, from civic number 304 to King’s Bridge Boulevard
2 km of Mountain Road, from Ryan Street to Gorge Road
Another 300 metres of micro-surfacing on the Mountain Road project at the Route 15 interchange will be funded solely by the provincial government. Micro-surfacing helps extend the lifespan of existing infrastructure.

Awesome news! But holy that's a lot of traffic jams haha

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 4:04 PM

didn't they just do micro surfacing on main down to Wheeler like 2 years ago?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
didn't they just do micro surfacing on main down to Wheeler like 2 years ago?
2, or 3 years ago yes. they also did parts of Mountain Rd as well around the same timeline.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2017, 3:05 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Hospice Greater Moncton has plans to build a permanent facility.

from Councilor Greg Turners Facebook page.

Looks like a fine plan. I don't know if they have secured a location yet, so I'm placing this in the general "Moncton" thread.

Palliative and end of life care is hugely important. Everyone deserves the right to die with dignity and the last few months of life can be a precious gift for the patient and his/her family. I wish them well in their efforts to build this facility.........

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 2:12 AM
Our Tide is Rising

Working on finalizing a construction photo-tour

Here is a neat angle I found when out and about...can see a few on-going projects in one frame

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 3:04 AM

Anyone know what the green net around the top of the bell tower is for?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBB10 View Post
Anyone know what the green net around the top of the bell tower is for?
They are cleaning, crack filling, and adding a protective coating. It is a continuation of the job that began a few years ago.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:26 PM

I wish they would convert the lights on it to led and stat lighting it up again

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 11:07 PM

Is that communications tower still used for its original purpose?

Old Posted Jun 10, 2017, 7:06 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

from Councilor Greg Turner's Facebook page:

Today is VIA - CN Safety Days at the Moncton Station . Free Train Rides all day from the Station to the CN Yard . The equipment is three coaches and a Dome Car . Fun for the whole family .

I always enjoy seeing Moncton right up there with Ottawa and Vancouver.......

Old Posted Jun 11, 2017, 5:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjohnirish☘ View Post
Is that communications tower still used for its original purpose?
As far as I know yes it is.

Quote:
from Councilor Greg Turner's Facebook page:

Today is VIA - CN Safety Days at the Moncton Station . Free Train Rides all day from the Station to the CN Yard . The equipment is three coaches and a Dome Car . Fun for the whole family .

I always enjoy seeing Moncton right up there with Ottawa and Vancouver.......
It's cool to see Moncton on there but since it's the CN, and they used to have a large Yard here that spans different areas I think that might be the only reason Moncton is written there along with Vancouver, and Ottawa.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2017, 10:14 AM

I believe these 3 cities are also chosen for one of Canada 150 concerts. That may be why their names are on the engines. Just speculation on my part, I have no knowledge to say for sure.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2017, 11:28 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There's another Downtown Community Improvement Plan symposium at the Capitol Theatre tomorrow morning at 8AM, in case anyone is able to go (tea and croissants provided).

One of the components that they seem to be floating right now is to relocate the farmers market to the Downing Street area, to generate more street traffic in the area and build synergy with the Moncton Library.

I'm not so sure about this. The first vision of Downing Street included midrise condos and streetfront commercial/retail. Moving the market there would seem to be a step backwards if you ask me. They also are bringing this forward under the assumption that the library isn't going to move. Hmmmmm..........

Old Posted Jun 12, 2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
There's another Downtown Community Improvement Plan symposium at the Capitol Theatre tomorrow morning at 8AM, in case anyone is able to go (tea and croissants provided).

One of the components that they seem to be floating right now is to relocate the farmers market to the Downing Street area, to generate more street traffic in the area and build synergy with the Moncton Library.

I'm not so sure about this. The first vision of Downing Street included midrise condos and streetfront commercial/retail. Moving the market there would seem to be a step backwards if you ask me. They also are bringing this forward under the assumption that the library isn't going to move. Hmmmmm..........
Related to this, but not directly... I personally think the existing farmer's market is too small and needs to be expanded.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces