HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 2:12 PM
I am the law!

I really don't see coronavirus have too much impact on long term immigration figures especially under this administration's policies. I'm not very concerned about shrinking cities. That will happen over a very long period.

My bigger concern that could have immediate impact is the direction of living space particular in a place like Toronto. Tens of thousands of units have been built meant to be "affordable" places to sleep and not multi-functional spaces you spend most of the day. The possibility of some jobs being mandatory work from home in the near future ... particularly if the pandemic lasts well into next year ... is increasingly probable. Lease rates are too high to give everyone a work station with increased social distancing measures. It will be a long time, maybe never, before we see office and technology analysts side by side 12 inches apart, 8 hours a day ... lol...overtaxing the HVAC systems.

The quaint small towns aren't cheap. The driving force behind the people I know that have relocated out of Toronto is something completely irrelevant from coronavirus. There could be an uptick. It will still be niche.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada