HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 7:20 PM

[QUOTE=fouroheight68;6973916]REALLY? a 52 foot tall COWBELL on the top of the arena? Is that what how we want everyone outside of Sacramento to see us?

April Fools !

Last edited by Pistola916; Apr 1, 2015 at 8:59 PM.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 7:21 PM

Whoa. Double post.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 11:42 PM

Ah, got me

Old Posted Apr 25, 2015, 10:59 AM

Do you guys know if there is any direct entrance from the hotel to the arena, maybe underground? I'm asking because it would make sense for visiting teams to have direct access to the arena without having to cross the plaza.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeFutbolero View Post
Do you guys know if there is any direct entrance from the hotel to the arena, maybe underground? I'm asking because it would make sense for visiting teams to have direct access to the arena without having to cross the plaza.

Yes. There is a lobby from the underground hotel parking to the event level for the arena. That is the level that has the locker rooms and club lounges. I assume that VIP parking and entrance will be using that as well.

The team parking has 2 levels under the practice facility. I don't see any pass thru connections to the hotel parking.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2015, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeFutbolero View Post
Teams tend to stay at chain hotels. I would think teams will continue to go to the Sheraton or Hyatt downtown as opposed to a boutique hotel like The Kimpton. I'm not sure anyone stays at The Citizen. Maybe that will change.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2015, 5:07 PM

Sacramento ESC Construction Cam

If you have not done so already check out the Sacramento ESC Construction Cam to see the progress.

http://sacramentoesc.com/live/

Old Posted Apr 27, 2015, 8:24 PM

[QUOTE=Pistola916;6973935]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroheight68 View Post
REALLY? a 52 foot tall COWBELL on the top of the arena? Is that what how we want everyone outside of Sacramento to see us?

April Fools !
"We could use a little more Cowbell..."

Old Posted May 14, 2015, 12:33 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

seems like progress has really slowed down. Is the pending lawsuit holding up the city's funding and this project?

Old Posted May 14, 2015, 2:11 AM

What's slowing down? I don't see any slow down.

Old Posted May 14, 2015, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
seems like progress has really slowed down. Is the pending lawsuit holding up the city's funding and this project?
Can't tell if that was sarcasm but no, progress is being made. They're back to erecting steel again on the upper floors after two weeks of concrete pours on the main concourse.

Construction intensifies at downtown Sacramento arena site
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/new...e20864832.html

Old Posted May 14, 2015, 3:55 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistola916 View Post
Can't tell if that was sarcasm but no, progress is being made. They're back to erecting steel again on the upper floors after two weeks of concrete pours on the main concourse.

Construction intensifies at downtown Sacramento arena site
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/new...e20864832.html
Thanks for the update. Used the live cam to go back in time and didn't see too many changes over a couple weeks. To be on target for next year they want to finish the roof by fall so they can do all the interior work while it rains. I guess a lot can happen in the next 4 or 5 months.

Old Posted May 14, 2015, 10:14 PM

You just couldn't see the work being done under the main concourse decking. A lot of concrete had to be poured for the shear walls and decking. Erecting the beams and columns goes pretty quick. So the supporting work had to catch up.

They are still working 10+ hour days. The lawsuit only has slowed up the marketing of the bonds. The suit goes before the judge on June 22nd. They have a bridge loan to keep the work going I think through the end of the year.

The best outcome for those who are suing would be that a modified arena project agreement that would have to be re-voted on by the city council. Which still has more than enough votes to approve again. But they haven't prevailed on any complaint yet. I don't think they will this time either.

Last edited by jbradway; May 14, 2015 at 10:29 PM.

Old Posted May 15, 2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbradway View Post
You just couldn't see the work being done under the main concourse decking. A lot of concrete had to be poured for the shear walls and decking. Erecting the beams and columns goes pretty quick. So the supporting work had to catch up.

They are still working 10+ hour days. The lawsuit only has slowed up the marketing of the bonds. The suit goes before the judge on June 22nd. They have a bridge loan to keep the work going I think through the end of the year.

The best outcome for those who are suing would be that a modified arena project agreement that would have to be re-voted on by the city council. Which still has more than enough votes to approve again. But they haven't prevailed on any complaint yet. I don't think they will this time either.
That's some good stuff.

Any idea when the team will begin work on the hotel? The site is all cleaned up now. I would think they would have to start on foundation work by June to have the building opened by the start of next season of 2016.

Old Posted May 28, 2015, 11:09 PM

Anybody know if there are going to be any restaurants in the new arena or just food concessions.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2015, 6:43 AM

So it's official... The Golden 1 Center for the new arena in downtown Sacramento.

The Golden 1 Credit Union has secured the naming rights for Sacramento’s new arena.

The building will be called the Golden 1 Center as a part of a 20-year partnership between the credit union and the Sacramento Kings.

The Golden 1 Center is expected to open in October 2016.

Golden 1, headquartered in Sacramento, has more than 80 branches across Northern California and the Central Valley. It is the sixth-largest credit union in the country.

Along with the new name, a new batch of arena renderings were released Tuesday. You can see those below.

Source: http://fox40.com/2015/06/16/report-new-arena-to-be-named-golden-1-center/

Old Posted Jun 17, 2015, 3:05 PM

Construction to begin soon on mixed use tower next to arena.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacrament...ower-near.html

Old Posted Jul 2, 2015, 9:26 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

stairs are going in, starting to look more like an arena

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 4:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
stairs are going in, starting to look more like an arena
concrete floor risers too......and soon the first roof truss

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbradway View Post
Event level (bottom floor of arena) to L street level is 16 feet 10 inches.

Arena height from event level to roof top is 150 feet 11 inches. Subtract 16-10" for height from street level.

Event level to Main Concourse/Plaza level is 31 feet 10 inches.

Event level to Practice Facility roof top is 115 feet 6 inches.

Note: these are from elevations document from January. Some changes to the facade overhang & height, loading dock entry/exit and other changes have since been applied. But I don't think the arena height changed.
If the floor of the arena is 17 feet below street level and we get a good rainfall is there a chance you might be flooding on the floor of the arena.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area