HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 5, 2020, 8:55 PM

Amazing video, especially with the layering in of elements, but I think all that greenery is absolutely essential to prevent this from becoming a sea of depressing greyness.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2020, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Am I right in understanding that it is in CN's court to determine who they sell the air rights to (if at all)?
I'm loathe to step into the "bog" of issues around ownership of the air rights, but I believe CN, Toronto Terminal Railways and Craft/Kingsman who I'm pretty sure (ironically), has a stake in the competing Orca project above), have owner-ship(s).

The city hopes to "acquire" some or most of these rights for their park-only concept, and in the past they have even mumbled about expropriation.... It's a mess.

In the meantime:

Huge changes for Bloor and Dufferin: Institutional, Office, Public Space, Residential, Retail.

Bloor & Dufferin - 160m, 150m, 105m, 90m, 50m, 40m, 25m - 47, 44, 30, 25, 11, 6 storeys - Capital Developments - Hariri Pontarini - pre-construction

AshNavabi

AshNavabi

AshNavabi

AshNavabi

Yet another master-planned community - 26 acres.

Scarborough Junction - 48s plus multiple other mixed-use and residential - Republic Developments - Giannone Petricone - pre-construction

AlbertC

AlbertC

AlbertC

AlbertC

Something smaller.

22 Balliol Residences - rental and retail - 126m - 38s - Shiplake - gh3 - pre-construction

UT

UT

Cell phone art (CIBC u/c).

Razz

Old Posted Nov 7, 2020, 8:47 PM

A special day for the Portlands. From Amsterdam to Dartmouth to Toronto… the first bridge arrives on a glorious November day.

Congrats! Joe and Kamala.

skycandy

skycandy

skycandy

Old Posted Nov 8, 2020, 7:40 PM

Future Skyline (Bloor/Yorkville to the lake): November update with 3 dozen new proposals, new designs and improvements. Be sure to click the link below (and then zoom) to see a larger, higher resolution render.

LARGER RENDER: http://upside-down.ca/futuretoronto/...-8rev-2020.jpg

Forum size pano

Couple of screenshots from the large render

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 2:07 PM

My earlier post should have said that "I added more than 5 dozen proposals and under-construction" (not 3 dozen)… after I actually tried to count them. In addition to everything built, about 3 dozen of the towers in the render are under construction, including Canada's first two super-talls. Not too shabby.

At the bottom is the base photo (zoomed in) which I used to position the towers. I think we shot this in 2005 or 2006.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 2:35 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldive View Post
I love the snowy winter rendering. That's rare to see but very honest in Toronto.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 2:38 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldive View Post
My earlier post should have said that "I added more than 5 dozen proposals and under-construction" (not 3 dozen)… after I actually tried to count them. In addition to everything built, about 3 dozen of the towers in the render are under construction, including Canada's first two super-talls. Not too shabby.

At the bottom is the base photo (zoomed in) which I used to position the towers. I think we shot this in 2005 or 2006.

I love the ski jump effect of the three tallest ones just left of center.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
I love the snowy winter rendering. That's rare to see but very honest in Toronto.
LOL... my uncle lives in Edmonton (yesterday was minus -21C and snow). Here it's going to hit +27C... 48 degree spread in the same country Today is the third or fourth day in a row with a new temp record. I know the render will be true eventually, but I'm going to walk the dog in glorious sunshine and then take a nap... wake me up on May 1, 2021 (unless Trump is still tweeting).

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 10:23 PM

Hibernation sounds like a nice idea, Maldive. Even though we just closed the cottage for the season three weeks ago, I can hardly wait to get back up there at the end of April.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 10:31 PM
I am the law!

We went from consistent, miserable weather to consistent fabulous weather. Out every day and haven't watched Fox News in a week! Started watching to see why Trump is so worshiped by a sizable portion of the right. CNN, etc. is biased on their point of view (which is fair for news programming over news reporting) but, I can't believe what gets said from the prime time hosts on Fox. It's deplorable and highly addictive!

Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 3:02 PM

Another suburban mall to get a mega-makeover. This one (Shoppers World) is in Brampton.

Shoppers World Brampton - 28s - RioCan - Quadrangle - pre-construction
3 or 4 dozen buildings from 3 to 28 storeys including Institutional, Office, Public Space, Residential and Retail.

UT

UT

UT

High Park Village- 109m - 35s - GWL - Zeidler - pre-construction

First of 4 planned (4s to 35s) just north of beautiful High Park.

DavidCappizzano

UT

First bridge for the Portlands: Some time today the barge carrying the bridge will be sunk and the bridge lifted and positioned in place.

globalexpress

cbc

cbc

Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 3:14 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Wait, they are going to sink the barge?
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Wait, they are going to sink the barge?
temporarily to lower the bridge onto it's foundation. The barge will then be moved out from under the bridge and the water emptied out from it to re-float it.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
temporarily to lower the bridge onto it's foundation. The barge will then be moved out from under the bridge and the water emptied out from it to re-float it.
Lol, thanks Insert... I neglected to mention that the barge would be re-floated and sent back to work, rather than providing a habitat for fish and skin-divers.

Scarborough Junction - Republic Developments - up to 48s - Giannone Petricone - master-plan

Kennedy-St. Clair-Danforth area near the Scarborough GO station.

PMT

PMT

PMT

Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 10:32 PM

Beautiful shot on a beautiful day. CIBC Square 1, Prestige (Phase 1 - One Yonge) and 100 Queens Quay all under construction. Cranes on the right are Sugar Wharf Phase 1 @ 230m and 218m.

Rascacielo

Cool shot of the new Portlands bridge being rotated to line up with its footings.

globalexpress

Exterior “balcony frame” cladding underway on Aquabella.

Rascacielo

Rascacielo

Last edited by Maldive; Nov 10, 2020 at 10:43 PM.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2020, 2:07 PM

Pinnacle One Yonge - 312.5m, 263m, 217m - 95s, 80s, 65s - Pinnacle - Hariri Pontarini - u/c

SkyTower excavation on the right and Prestige rising in the centre. Phase 3 (263m) will eventually rise where the blank wall of the podium is.

mburrrrr

Phase 3 is on the left of the render.

UT

Via Bloor - 138m, 116m - 46s, 38s - Tridel - architectsAlliance - u/c

Paclo
Nice glazing compared to (too) many residential builds.

Paclo

The One - 309m - u/c

Concrete forming for the super-columns.

thaivic

Benito

49 Ontario Street - 127m, 104m, 47m - 36s, 29s, 12s - Dream - architectsAlliance - pre-construction

UT

UT

Yonge & Rich Condominiums - 156m - 46s - Great Gulf - architectsAlliance - u/c

Topped out with the illusion of Massey Tower’s crown on top.

Ottawan

18 Dalhousie - 173m - 54s - Pemberton - Graziani + Corazza - pre-construction

GabrielHurl

Mini-canyon developing along Front Street East, with St. Lawrence Condos at 158 Front(91m) rising on the north side.

Rascacielo

North York: M2M Condos 4 towers - Aoyuan - Wallman Architects - u/c

The Phase One (116m and 110m) Wallman-designed towers are already under construction and now the site plan application for Phase 2 has been filed.

Phase 2 - 130m, 115m - 40s, 34s

UT

UT

Scarborough Town Centre Block C: 50s, 41s, 32s - Oxford Properties - Quadrangle - Site Plan Approval application submitted

3 mixed-use buildings with retail uses at grade and residential uses above.

Marcanadian

Marcanadian

351-369 Lake Shore Blvd E - Dream/Great Gulf - concept planning

Massing

Model
The development proposal includes the Victoria Soya Mills Silos preservation and incorporation through either adaptive use or rehabilitation.

smartdensity

mburrrrr
Interior Concept design

smartdensity

Not too far from this beauty hovering over its footings last night:

globalexpress

Colour palette for future Portlands bridges:

AoD (from WT/Entuitive/Grimshaw)

Last edited by Maldive; Nov 11, 2020 at 11:04 PM. Reason: updated design

Old Posted Nov 11, 2020, 11:05 PM

Another wonderful future render from steveve, this time a drone view from the lake to Bloor/Yorkville (in the mist).

steveve

Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 8:12 PM

Pinewood Toronto Studios:

Construction is underway on the 200,000 square foot expansion (including 5 new sound stages). These Portlands facilities for TV and film will total more than 525,000 square feet when this phase is complete. Future expansion plans would increase the facilities to nearly three quarters of a million square feet.

Toronto.com
goodhood
Inside North America’s largest sound stage - the 46,000 square foot Mega Stage (Star Trek sets u/c).

trekmovie.com

Mississauga: 30 Eglinton Ave W - ?s - Plaza and Crown Realty Partners - pre-construction

Planning for three residential high-rise towers (1.2 million square feet) next to a future stop on the new Hurontario LRT.

AlbertC

AlbertC

175-195 St. Clair Ave W - 14s Plaza - Richard Wengle - Plaza - pre-construction

AlbertC

AlbertC

CIBC SQUARE 1 - 238m - 49s - Hines - WilkinsonEyre - u/c

Last of the exterior glazing to be completed.

reteequa

Rascacieolo

351 Queen East | 103m | 29s | ONE Properties | Kirkor Architects - (may have) zoning approval

UT

UT

8 Wellesley West - 182m - 55s - CentreCourt - IBI Group - pre-construction

In the absence of renderings, a teaser video with some design hints on insta:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHf1UUklUVN/

Video Screenshots

Link

Humber Bay construction

Jasonzed

Last edited by Maldive; Nov 12, 2020 at 8:35 PM.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 8:59 PM

Some good news for the future of Yonge and Eglinton: Canada Square - Oxford Properties

Pelli Clarke Pelli and Hariri Pontarini Architects will be leading the design team for the masterplan (2021). Nice combo.

Site (with earlier phasing plan)

UT

Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 9:18 PM

Scotiabank North Tower at Bay Adelaide Centre - 140m - 32s - Brookfield Property - KPMB - u/c

Sweet angle by sikandar.

sikandar

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations