HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 4, 2014, 10:29 AM
New Yorker for life

A little off, but not bad.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...nue-3ds/796988

http://backstage.worldarchitecturene...pload_id=23815

Silvian Marcus, CEO, WSP Cantor Seinuk gives us a tour of 432 Park Avenue

Quote:
WAN is delighted to release an exclusive video interview with CEO of WSP Cantor Seinuk Silvian Marcus in which the charismatic engineer takes a tour of the elegant 432 Park Avenue tower. Currently rising more than 600ft over Manhattan, the residential building will reach a final height of 1,396ft to an architectural design by Rafael Vinoly.

Located a stone’s throw from the legendary Four Seasons hotel on Park Avenue, this slender giant was inspired by the regulating qualities of the Manhattan city grid.

As such, 432 Park Avenue enjoys a perfectly square floor plan with 10ft by 10ft windows punctuating its exterior to enable panoramic views from most points within the building. Unobstructed by interior columns, the 104 residences are bright and airy, bathed in natural light. The interior design was at the hand of Deborah Berke and her team.

Berke details: “The layout of each 432 Park Avenue residence recalls the grandeur and elegance of Park Avenue’s pre-war apartments, yet simultaneously establishes the paradigm for 21st century sophistication.” Vinoly was also greatly inspired by the tower’s setting during the design process, leading him to create a structure that is very much at one with its location.

He explains: “The design of the building could not be more bespoke; it is about New York and for New York. Our goal was to create something timeless which has a perennial quality that won’t go out of style.”

The team brought on by developers CIM Group and Macklowe Properties to bring this vision to life was WSP Cantor Seinuk, led by CEO Silvian Marcus. “There is a purity in the engineering,” Marcus explains, indicating a central core about 30ft by 30ft which houses the elevators and all of the services.

He continues: “The other element that is supporting the building is the outside façade made out of beams and columns. This system of columns and beams, we call it a frame. It is very strong and it’s very powerful. The windows are just in between the columns and the beams.

"From the core backbone to the outside perimeter is about 30ft that is free of any columns, beams or any structural elements so you can have partitions as you wish or if someone wants to take the entire floor and doesn’t want partitions - he wants a loft - people can use the entire floor as they desire.”

Completion of the tower is expected in 2015.

From the site...

Video Link

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Feb 4, 2014 at 10:53 AM.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2014, 1:59 PM
don't *meddle*...

Old Posted Feb 4, 2014, 9:32 PM

Great video.. The building...purity and simplicity of concept, form and execution. A truly integrated work of art and engineering. Rarely seen in this world of false decoration and aesthetic compromise. Woooo

Old Posted Feb 4, 2014, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miesian View Post
Great video.. The building...purity and simplicity of concept, form and execution. A truly integrated work of art and engineering. Rarely seen in this world of false decoration and aesthetic compromise. Woooo
I see no art and all engineering in this building. From the high PSI concrete to the oversized windows and slenderness, this is more engineering marvel than art. What this building lacks in false decoration and "aesthetic compromise" it replaces with dirty and unbuffed concrete.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2014, 10:18 PM

^^^In the last few seconds of the video, Mr.Marcus says something like, "I would like to buy my wife an apartment, but I don't know what view I would select", Ha! Just buy a whole floor, and you can shift positions anytime of the day! I love his ideas! Great video for an even greater building!

Old Posted Feb 4, 2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmikeyphilly View Post
^^^In the last few seconds of the video, Mr.Marcus says something like, "I would like to buy my wife an apartment, but I don't know what view I would select", Ha! Just buy a whole floor, and you can shift positions anytime of the day! I love his ideas! Great video for an even greater building!
That's what I plan on doing. After I sell my body to medical research, I'll be able to afford a 4x4 square on the roof. Maybe I can set a nice little tent up

Seriously though, I'd live in a mechanical floor there.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
That's what I plan on doing. After I sell my body to medical research, I'll be able to afford a 4x4 square on the roof. Maybe I can set a nice little tent up

Seriously though, I'd live in a mechanical floor there.
Well, the closest I would get is to have a sex change, have an affair with Mr. Marcus, in front of his wife, of course. They would get divorced, and I go shopping for wedding gowns! (Just kidding!)

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 4:17 PM
Editor

Yep, this one is making it's dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
We'll have to start getting used to this tower dominate the area surrounding it now...

(January 31, 2014)

www.432park.com

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 4:21 PM

The next core jump should be happening any day now, no? Unless of course the weather has delayed it...

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 8:41 PM

I have a question? I hope it's not a silly one, but from the renderings I've been looking at, it appears that the roof just "stops". I mean there is no crown, no equipment (fans, air conditioning, no dampers, etc.) What brought this question to mind, was all of the snow we have been receiving.
Ok, here goes: What happens to all of the snow on the roof? (Since it does look flat, and there are no recessed areas to catch it? Maybe I missed a page here that explains it. So please don't attack me for asking. I was just curious?

(P.S. I meant no disrespect to Mr. Marcus. I should have know better. He' a brilliant man.)

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 9:02 PM

well it accumulates and makes a crown

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertallchaser View Post
well it accumulates and makes a crown
Oh well, ask a silly question...

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmikeyphilly View Post
I have a question? I hope it's not a silly one, but from the renderings I've been looking at, it appears that the roof just "stops". I mean there is no crown, no equipment (fans, air conditioning, no dampers, etc.) What brought this question to mind, was all of the snow we have been receiving.
Ok, here goes: What happens to all of the snow on the roof? (Since it does look flat, and there are no recessed areas to catch it? Maybe I missed a page here that explains it. So please don't attack me for asking. I was just curious?

(P.S. I meant no disrespect to Mr. Marcus. I should have know better. He' a brilliant man.)
They are hidden behind a large parapet.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
They are hidden behind a large parapet.
aah, okay..Thank You sbarn.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 2:56 PM

Core jump today. Apparent level 49 or 759' 6''

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 2:58 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw5710 View Post
Core jump today. Apparent level 49 or 759' 6''
Thus making it the #21 tallest building in the city and slightly taller than the Carnegie Hall Tower.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
Thus making it the #21 tallest building in the city and slightly taller than the Carnegie Hall Tower.
My guess is that late spring it will be roughly as tall as One57. Does anyone know when they expect it to be topped out?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 10:36 PM

My guess would be in August or September

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 11:01 PM
don't *meddle*...

August is my guess too. Due to the bad weather in the city for the last couple of weeks construction was pretty slow. Topping out should be in January 2015.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 11:33 PM

It's crazy that I have to squint and search for this building on the skyline, when in most cities it would already be the tallest. In a few months everyone will be taking about this crazy ass building.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive