HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Alura at Nuera in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Calgary Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 1, 2014, 7:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woychukb View Post
All I can say is the building elevation diagram I have shows 1046.3 for the slab of the main level of Alura and 1156.73 for the "South Tower High Parapet". That looks like 110.43m difference to me. I don't have anything saying the height for the other buildings in the neighborhood. I think DarthMalgus might be thinking of Vetro with that height. Sasso is a lot shorter but Vetro is really similar to Alura (it's a little hard to tell because Vetro doesn't have much of a roof element and Alura's highest point is the north edge of the crown). The diagrams here have Vetro as 368' which would make it 6 feet taller than which seems about right.
Fair enough

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 6:37 PM
ARTchitecture

Alura corridor by Chadillaccc, on Flickr

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 7:24 PM

Sorry guys, I meant Vetro, not Sasso. My bad.

So the 29 floors must be not including mechanical? Because by my count, there are 29 floors of residential with a few mechanical floors above? Honestly I like rounding up to 30, sounds so much better than 29.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 9:57 PM

Maybe a dumb question, but how does the small crane still on top of the building come down now that the construction lift on the South side of building has been taken down?

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMalgus View Post
Sorry guys, I meant Vetro, not Sasso. My bad.

So the 29 floors must be not including mechanical? Because by my count, there are 29 floors of residential with a few mechanical floors above? Honestly I like rounding up to 30, sounds so much better than 29.
It's 29 residential (the top of the black section of glass is the 29th floor) plus one mechanical (the beige/tan section that extends into the glass crown). I think of it as 29 since it means my 26th floor unit is closer to the top I'm not sure what the standard on this forum is for counting/not counting the mechanical floors.

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 11:39 PM

The exterior work is just about complete. They've started putting glass on the balconies (about 1/3 done) and the top of the podium has some landscaping work done on it. I haven't heard anything about possession dates lately but they may be ready by the end of the month.

Alura by woychukb, on Flickr

Old Posted May 11, 2014, 3:20 AM

Thanks for the update! I've heard from Cove that possessions are slated to start roughly June 1. If you pass by street level you can see that they've nearly finished up interior work in the main lobby. Plan is to move 3 units per weekday starting in June.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive