HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 6:05 AM

We shall see the true impact of this development in the near future... Mid/late 2012. However I would of love to of seen them set land aside for an LRT I line to go west through the development, however it could run in the middle of lewvan with a flyover for pedestrian traffic. I know long way off, but that is the kind of thinking we need.

Also the lights at Jim Cairns and at Harbour Landing drive South entrance to of been similar to Saskatoon's partial access roads, where traffic that doesn't really NEED to stop has a permanent green arrow with the turning lane having a red light for the side that does need to stop. Although the ones in Saskatoon on Circle Drive West need to go, as I am sure they will find out after Circle South is completed.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 8:21 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
We shall see the true impact of this development in the near future... Mid/late 2012. However I would of love to of seen them set land aside for an LRT I line to go west through the development, however it could run in the middle of lewvan with a flyover for pedestrian traffic. I know long way off, but that is the kind of thinking we need.

Also the lights at Jim Cairns and at Harbour Landing drive South entrance to of been similar to Saskatoon's partial access roads, where traffic that doesn't really NEED to stop has a permanent green arrow with the turning lane having a red light for the side that does need to stop. Although the ones in Saskatoon on Circle Drive West need to go, as I am sure they will find out after Circle South is completed.
Pesonally, I'm rooting for a subway

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 12:48 PM

Looks like new shops are getting ready to open in the new buildings built infront of the Lowe's.

Phase 3 of Grasslands commercial development is set to begin in the spring time. It looks like some major tenants are set to come in as the buildings in that phase are pretty big.

Leasing has begun on phase 4 (village district) They have signage posted for it on the property.

There's gonna be quit a few new store's coming to the queen city.

http://www.grasslands.ca/lease/

Old Posted Mar 19, 2012, 3:23 AM

Building 36 is set to begin shortly. It will be home to The Rock Restaurant, which features pizza cooked in a wood fired oven. It will be straight east of the Co-op gas bar.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 5:00 AM

The Lancaster Taphouse has been open for a week or so. It has been getting good reviews so far.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvj View Post
Building 36 is set to begin shortly. It will be home to The Rock Restaurant, which features pizza cooked in a wood fired oven. It will be straight east of the Co-op gas bar.
here's the link to their website

http://therockwfp.com/

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 3:53 AM
BANNED

The Roughriders are opening a third Riders Store in Grasslands.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 2:56 PM

Just noticed yesterday that Good Earth Cafe is working on getting someone to run a franchise out of the southern most restaurant spot next to Opa.

http://www.goodearthcafes.com/locations/saskatchewan

Should be a nice place to sit and have a coffee once it's done, with the patio along Gordon Road.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
The Roughriders are opening a third Riders Store in Grasslands.
Really? Do you know where? In an existing building or a building that is yet-to-be-built?

Regardless, that's awesome!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 4:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
Really? Do you know where? In an existing building or a building that is yet-to-be-built?

Regardless, that's awesome!
Not sure the exact location. I got the info from their twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/theriderstore/st...13358197780482

Old Posted Feb 27, 2013, 2:35 AM

Anybody know what the holdup is with the pizza place across from the Rider store? It seems to be taking forever and there isn't even any signage on it. Somehow fell through perhaps??

Old Posted Feb 27, 2013, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
Anybody know what the holdup is with the pizza place across from the Rider store? It seems to be taking forever and there isn't even any signage on it. Somehow fell through perhaps??
I've been wondering that for some time also. I'm also wondering when they are going to start on the development west of Urban Barn/Dairy Queen.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2013, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
I've been wondering that for some time also. I'm also wondering when they are going to start on the development west of Urban Barn/Dairy Queen.
According to ReginaGuy, they are preparing to build two new anchors for that area (London Drugs and Marshalls). Once those are in place, I think the focus would then move to the smaller strip malls scheduled for that Urban Barn area.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2013, 6:50 PM

More anchors coming to Grasslands development in SW Regina

Bed Bath & Beyond
PetSmart
Bouclair Home
Brown's Social house

Old Posted Aug 8, 2013, 8:56 PM

Apparently The Rock is still coming to Grasslands as well, but in 2014.

http://www2.canada.com/calgaryherald...5-19464dfabd1a

http://therockwfp.com/

Old Posted Aug 9, 2013, 4:03 PM

What is going in Building # 30, I think the tender on that building closed this week???

Old Posted Aug 30, 2013, 4:14 PM

I was at Grasslands this morning and noticed that the grade beams are in place for the Home Inn & Suites west of the Days Inn, as well as for another new store that will be immediately south of Cabela's and will be attached to the new building that is nearing completion (Marshalls? Bed Bath & Beyond? Bouclairs? PetSmart?). Lots of activity out there, including Harbour Landing!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2013, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
I was at Grasslands this morning and noticed that the grade beams are in place for the Home Inn & Suites west of the Days Inn, as well as for another new store that will be immediately south of Cabela's and will be attached to the new building that is nearing completion (Marshalls? Bed Bath & Beyond? Bouclairs? PetSmart?). Lots of activity out there, including Harbour Landing!
BBB directly south of Cabelas. Marshalls next to it.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2014, 6:04 PM

More retail nearing completion. As well the hotel is framed. Nothing going on at the Urban Village. In fact it was being used as a snow dump, suggesting nothing is imminent.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 3:57 PM

Does anyone know (or have heard) about when the next section of Harbour Landing will start. The area between Campbell and Courtney Streets? I would assume this will be sooner as oppose to later. Also I would assume they would close campbell access to Hwy 1 at that point (long overdue IMO) same with Courtney access to Hwy 1. Just make the service road between the two interchanges?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan