HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypinion View Post
But is Highway 6 a freeway? It's highway 6 that has the level crossings.
No Hwy 6 and the Bypass has a partial cloverleaf grade separated interchange. With the bypass going over Highway 6 The two mid-access point are designed for farm equipment to cross. However I believe they should be flyovers with no access to the road itself. But a means of convenience that in-time could be converted to a diamond interchange to facilitate safe access.

There is a level crossing that crosses highway 6 but it is north of where the bypass crosses Highway 6.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
No Hwy 6 and the Bypass has a partial cloverleaf grade separated interchange. With the bypass going over Highway 6 The two mid-access point are designed for farm equipment to cross. However I believe they should be flyovers with no access to the road itself. But a means of convenience that in-time could be converted to a diamond interchange to facilitate safe access.

There is a level crossing that crosses highway 6 but it is north of where the bypass crosses Highway 6.
Oh, I see. I was mistaken - I thought we were talking about the interchange design, not other access points. My apologies.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 10:36 PM

The issue most farmers that were at the open house had with the access points is that a four lane roadway doesn't have a long enough space between the different directions of traffic to safely stop most farm equipment. A flyover or any grade separation for slow moving traffic would be way safer, but we will never see it happen.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Spending hundreds of millions on all these other projects. When you've been trying to get this project completed for 20 years now, at least.
The NDP are at a decade low in popularity at this time with their 1% PST hike on their promise to spend it on infrastructure projects. They got called on it by the opposition party. Prove it, well they're trying desperatelly to do that. Don't think all the announcements in the last month are coincidence. Thier very close to losing power, it scares them. Miracle..Everything is going to get built. Just a thought.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 11:35 PM

No doubt it's not a coincidence. But I highly doubt they're pulling these projects out of their ass just to look good for the public. They've had them at some stage of planning for years. If they're looking for a good way to spend money and look really good for the public at the same time, the 59n/101 interchange is pure gold!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
No doubt it's not a coincidence. But I highly doubt they're pulling these projects out of their ass just to look good for the public. They've had them at some stage of planning for years. If they're looking for a good way to spend money and look really good for the public at the same time, the 59n/101 interchange is pure gold!
Damn, I was just about to play a little modified Oblivion and then on to Skyrim.....

No doubt they've been on the table for years,(Ass=NDP) ,I'll let that analogy speak for it self.

59/101 is what a forward thinking and progressive individual would say, and it would have a great affect on voters, winning the hearts and minds of Winnipeger's and Manitoban's across the board..But their not thinking like most realists would. None of these planned projects announced in the last month will change my mind on how I feel about the party at this time. Happy, they've finally been announced yes, It took the potential of losing power to set a fire under their butts.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2014, 9:52 PM

This is a diagram of the Saskatoon Proposed bypass that I created. Also posted on the Saskatoon Construction Website

Enjoy:

Old Posted Jan 27, 2014, 12:06 AM

That's a lot of interchanges.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
That's a lot of interchanges.
Yup, there are. But required for a proper bypass.

Here is the route approved by the City and Province and all the purple dots are the the interchanges I have shown. Plus a few others that are to be built by the city. I have also only done the east and north side. I plan to finish this soon with the west side interchanges as well. From 16 North all the way around to Hwy 7.

http://www.saskatoon.ca/DEPARTMENTS/...ted_Growth.pdf

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 5:54 PM

A little hypothetical free-way design for NW Regina around where Coopertown will go. This would be the NE leg of the Ring Road to ensure free-flow traffic in a complete "RING"

Overall:

West Bypass and Pinkie Rd

Pinkie to Courtney

Courtney to McCarthy

McCarthy to Pasqua

As always comments welcome

Old Posted Mar 1, 2014, 4:07 PM

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/More+...444/story.html

Sounds like there might be some progress being made to help traffic East of Regina.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 5:30 PM

Listing in the JoC for the PTH 1 / PTH 16 interchange project. Still on hold. Grain of salt with these listings.

http://www.journalofcommerce.com/cgi...egion=prairies

OVERPASS, BRIDGE Proj: 9073385-9
Portage la Prairie, Division No 9 MB CONTEMPLATED
PTH 1W at PTH 16 (Yellowhead Hwy)
$50,000,000 est

Note: This project is on hold. Consultant has completed a functional study and design study. A Request For Proposals (RFP) will be issued by the owner for civil engineers to complete detailed design. Timeframe for the RFP is undetermined pending funding. The study will be used by the awarded civil engineer to determine design for the configuration of the interchange. Land acquisition will proceed pending completion of preliminary design. Further project schedules have not been set.

Project: construction of an interchange/grade separation at Provincial Trunk Highway (PTH) 16 and PTH 1 including the CNR mainline from PTH 1W.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 5:41 PM

Why can't we get a MAJOR intersection between two NATIONAL highways fixed. A light still controls this intersection are you f**king serious! Even if it was a "Y" interchange THAT would suffice. Our priorities with safety are seriously messed up.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 6:11 PM

They blame the flooding, it sucked up all the cash... Just another excuse. Not sure if you've been following, but there have been a ton of recent announcements about highway upgrades in Manitoba. Billions of dollars over the next 5 years.

This interchange and the one at PTH 59N and PTH 101 have been conspicuously absent. Hopefully something will be announced in the near future that these projects will be going ahead.

Old Posted May 11, 2014, 7:02 AM

For those who are interested. Here is a hypotetical bypass for Prince Albert. Also giving them another Bridge. And a way for Holiday traffic from Highways 11 and 2 to not have to stop going through Prince Albert on a 4-lane divided highway. Also provides quick access to highways 3, 55, and 302.

I will provide close-ups of intersections if requested.

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
For those who are interested. Here is a hypotetical bypass for Prince Albert. Also giving them another Bridge. And a way for Holiday traffic from Highways 11 and 2 to not have to stop going through Prince Albert on a 4-lane divided highway. Also provides quick access to highways 3, 55, and 302.

I will provide close-ups of intersections if requested.
Very interesting, thank you for posting it. What is traffic like through Prince Albert along Hwy 2? Is there a lot of industrial developement north of Prince Albert (similar to northern Alberta but on a smaller scale)? I'm wondering if the proposed bypass should curve northwest after crossing the North Saskatchewan River to reconnect with Highway 2. I'm also wondering that if traffic isn't extremely high, the bypass could be staged in with interchanges added later on?

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 5:29 PM

Question About Highway Routing Through Saskatoon

I recently drove the new SW Circle Dr extension and I noticed some interesting signage along the route. At the Idylwyld Drive/Circle Drive interchange, Idylwyld Drive as not designated as part of any highway while Circle Drive was marked as Hwy 11/16 (see http://goo.gl/maps/7gLWC).

Until the opening of the South Circle Drive Bridge, the conventional routing was TCH 16 taking the east Circle Drive (passing 8 St, College Dr, etc) while Hwy 11 followed south Circle Dr/Idylwyld Dr (passing Preston Ave, Lorne Ave, etc) and going through downtown Saskatoon. At the Idywyld Dr N/Circle Drive interchange both routes were cosigned along with Hwy 12 before TCH 16 branches northwest towards North Battleford and Hwy 11 branches northeast towards Prince Albert – as marked on almost all online maps.

To further complicate things, Saskatchewan is not known for using “To” tabs very often in their cities, so signage along Circle Drive and Idylwyld Drive shows Hwy 11/16 as if all routes were marked as the main route. Google Street View has not updated images by the Hwy 16E/11S or the north Idylwyld Drive/Circle Drive interchange, however when I drove along the eastern Circle Dr approaching the Hwy 16E/11S interchange, “11 North” (as shown in http://goo.gl/maps/rEIx0) was covered up by TCH 16 West.

Is all of Circle Drive marked as Hwy 11/16 while technically Idylwyld Dr is now undesignated? Or are some the changes (if any) not fully implimented?

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 6:23 PM

I was in Regina a couple weeks back and the lack of signage approaching the ring road was a bit weird. I think it was Victoria that was closed. So it detoured onto Arcola. Heading eastbound approaching ring road there was no signage as to what was where. We found our way as it's Regina. But there were no signs saying northbound, southbound, #1 is that way, nothing. It seemed a bit odd to me.

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 6:27 PM

Quote:
I was in Regina a couple weeks back and the lack of signage approaching the ring road was a bit weird. I think it was Victoria that was closed. So it detoured onto Arcola. Heading eastbound approaching ring road there was no signage as to what was where. We found our way as it's Regina. But there were no signs saying northbound, southbound, #1 is that way, nothing. It seemed a bit odd to me.
I find that signage in Man/Sask is generally pretty minimal... I don't know if it's just an assumption that everyone is from "around there" and knows where they're going, or what. I'm grateful for the good directional signage you see on big US roads.

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 7:36 PM

Signs, who needs signs when everyone uses GPS?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan