HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jul 30, 2012, 12:11 AM

San Antonio...One of the Coolest Cities in America

Forbes Magazine lists San Antonio as the eleventh coolest U.S. city. While this is defiantly not consistent with keeping San Antonio Lame, it is great to see the city getting some overdue props. Houston is number one and five Texas Cities are in the top 20.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/morganbr...ities-to-live/

Old Posted Jul 30, 2012, 10:26 PM
JACKinBeantown

I like SA as much as the next guy, but any list that ranks Houston the coolest over Austin, San Francisco, NYC, Boston, Portland, etc, seems suspect to me.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 2:50 AM

I live in Houston and can say it is, in fact, very cool. I do prefer Philly, Chicago, and NYC to Houston, but I only visit them and living there could change my prospective. There is always something to do in Houston: music, concerts, shows, plays, museums, beaches, lakes, clubs, etc. Any list can be scrutinized – especially if the usual suspects are not ranked highly – but based on the criteria Houston is the coolest. I could elaborate on why Houston is defiantly the coolest in Texas, if not the nation, but it is not necessary. Houston is great in itself, no need to self-promote. San Antonio is also great. Mark Twain and Forbes got it right.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2012, 10:54 PM

Houston is humongous, you just need to know where the cool places are.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio