HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 4:18 AM

Can someone put up London's city logo..........I've always liked it.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 4:37 AM

Calgary Fire Departments CFD logo is pretty nice. Chicago Fire Departments CFD is a little cooler though. No pics.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 6:07 AM

The Ontario 150 logo is:

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 6:10 AM

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 6:15 AM

City of Timmins logo:

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 6:15 AM

And the logo Timmins is using for advertising and initiatives:

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 6:19 AM

Our city almost adopted this one at its main logo but public outcry meant only the TEDC is using it now. Everybody calls it "the thong"

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 7:03 AM
BANNED

I guess it boiled down to "Nobody gives a shit about this second-rate games so let's accept a third-rate logo" (in a city that is design challenged to begin with) that lead to these amorphous blob-thingy thingys:

Bravo daycare designers!

Not to worry, nobody saw it outside of The Sux. Nobody gives a fuck about the An Pam Games.

Are you ready for 2019?? lol!

Thank god they trademarked it - wouldn't want anybody to copy that brilliant design.

Last edited by OutOfTowner; Jun 28, 2017 at 7:19 AM.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 7:27 AM
See ya down under, mates

Beside the well-known Canucks disasters, I couldn't believe how badly the Grizzlies blew it:

I used to be really into NHL and NBA but never wanted to wear Vancouver merchandise.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
City of Timmins logo:

Sorry, but "City of the Golden Turd" comes to mind.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 12:58 PM
sick transit, gloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Yeah, I forgot to point out that niwell's "Three Men in a Hot Spa" actually made me chuckle out loud... wow, how did they NOT see that before greenlighting that logo?!?

My personal theory is that when it got to the final stage people did notice it but at that point it was too late, and there was a "let us never speak of this again" moment in the boardroom.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 1:18 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I dislike Circle K replacing Mac's and that droopy owl symbol.

couch turd

the owl was ugly but at least it was our own.

wookie
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 1:20 PM
The Vomit Bag.

What's next? tossing out Jos Louis, Flakies and Mae Wests for Little Debbie's soap-tasting brownies?
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 2:00 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
What's next? tossing out Jos Louis, Flakies and Mae Wests for Little Debbie's soap-tasting brownies?
I also hate how in your city they changed the name of John Labatt Centre to Budweiser Gardens.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 2:14 PM
Midtowner since 2K

Yea..I really don't enjoy seeing Circle K's simpler and less visually appealing logo plastered over Mac's. The whole Mac's logo was a pretty unique logo, something that could always be immediately identified by seeing the font or the creature. The owl may have been a tad fugly, but I enjoyed it as a kid and still do.

There's still two locations I know of with a Mac's branding....one along Eglinton Ave in Midtown Toronto, and another right near Mississauga's "downtown".

Going back to the thread at hand...I kind of like the logo of 7-11...it's a simple blend of three colours that makes a concise logo.

And....one logo that I could never understand as a kid was the Hudson's Bay logo. I always misinterpreted the squiggle as either a B or an M...though part of me enjoys the logo for being a tad unreadable yet a tad elegant. The new logo is nice with the two moose and all...I'm alright with it.
Former Hudson's Bay logo (1960-2013)

Newer Hudson's Bay logo (2013-present)

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 2:20 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

When I was a kid Mac's (or Mac's Milk) had a logo of a cat with a Scottish tam (is that what you call it?).

When Couche-Tard initially expanded into to Anglo-Canada they kept their owl logo and called their few stores "Winks".

Then they bought Mac's and transfered the owl logo onto that chain, and changed the few Winks stores they had into Mac's.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 2:57 PM

I'm happy to see Circle K back if for no other reason than because walking into one reminds me of that great movie, Chungking Express

Seems to me that convenience stores are always changing identities. Back in the 80s and 90s, most of the convenience stores attached to Shell stations (at least in MB, although I'm sure we weren't alone) were flagged as Circle K. Only 7-Eleven stays the same.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 3:05 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'm happy to see Circle K back if for no other reason than because walking into one reminds me of that great movie, Chungking Express

Seems to me that convenience stores are always changing identities. Back in the 80s and 90s, most of the convenience stores attached to Shell stations (at least in MB, although I'm sure we weren't alone) were flagged as Circle K. Only 7-Eleven stays the same.
I also remember seeing Circle K attached to Shell stations in Ontario back in the day.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 4:56 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I also hate how in your city they changed the name of John Labatt Centre to Budweiser Gardens.
hate is too small a word to describe the intensity of my sheer displeasure at this renaming. Cheapens the image of our city far more than any amount gained by renaming rights.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 4:58 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
As a kid, I always had a hard time making out the "B" in the above logo. it just looked like some weird ribbon shape to me, closer to an M than to a B.

Yes, of course, I can see the B but it is really strange and not immediately apparent.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada