HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 26, 2016, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
There's also the townhouses being built on McLeod and apartments on Cliffe.
Come to think of it, there's the second phase of apartments being built on Regent as well (next to Calvary Baptist Church). I noticed the first phase right against the road are complete and people (students) are moving into them; but in behind them is another phase being built, same as the first, about 50% built I'd estimate.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2016, 1:10 PM

Looks like theres a lot to be done on the over pass. I really have no idea but looks like it.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2016, 10:02 PM

To add to Taeolas' earlier list:

- Beaverbrook addition is about 90% closed in now. Due to open Summer 2017
- Steel work being erected corner of Hanwell/Woodside for new gas bar/convenience store
- Expect gas bar/convenience store/drive thru project corner of Cliffe/2NC to begin shortly

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 7:33 PM

Freddy is getting its own tower crane!

Looks like they are putting up a tower crane at the Hotel construction site.

*Edit* Switched to Imgur for hosting; trying to figure out if there's an easy way to resize without cropping. For now I just cropped it to get the tower clearer.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 5:03 PM
Any where but Fredericton

Splash Pad will open August 31st at 12 Noon.
Should be a happy day for the Kids

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
Splash Pad will open August 31st at 12 Noon.
Should be a happy day for the Kids
Well that's not there hopeful date OF mid August but it's still leaves some time for kids to use it before school starts, and they will possibly keep it open ti'll mid September if we keep having suck dry summer like weather in NB.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 7:32 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Well that's not there hopeful date OF mid August but it's still leaves some time for kids to use it before school starts, and they will possibly keep it open ti'll mid September if we keep having suck dry summer like weather in NB.
It was the weather you know either it was too hot or too wet. That was the reason for the delay.

School starts a week from tomorrow so at least they will get a few days out of it before school starts up again. usually all the wading pools are drained by the time school starts

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
To add to Taeolas' earlier list:

- Beaverbrook addition is about 90% closed in now. Due to open Summer 2017
- Steel work being erected corner of Hanwell/Woodside for new gas bar/convenience store
- Expect gas bar/convenience store/drive thru project corner of Cliffe/2NC to begin shortly
Was up to Costco this evening and looks like work has now started on NB Liquor at the Corbett Centre, so could add it to the list as well.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 11:13 AM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl812 View Post
Was up to Costco this evening and looks like work has now started on NB Liquor at the Corbett Centre, so could add it to the list as well.
That is great news that will be a very good location. Bring some more traffic to that area. Does that mean the one in the old Fredericton mall will be out ?

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blazer View Post
That is great news that will be a very good location. Bring some more traffic to that area. Does that mean the one in the old Fredericton mall will be out ?
There had been speculation on here about moving the Uptown Centre (Fredericton Mall) location to a new "Bishop Drive Centre" near the bend in Bishop by Subway, including a new Sobeys, but for now it's likely the Corbett Centre spot will coexist with the current location.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco401 View Post
There had been speculation on here about moving the Uptown Centre (Fredericton Mall) location to a new "Bishop Drive Centre" near the bend in Bishop by Subway, including a new Sobeys, but for now it's likely the Corbett Centre spot will coexist with the current location.
That's good to hear. Though I no longer live there, I always found the Prospect strip pretty convenient, especially when Target was open. Getting to Corbett was a royal pain at the best of times though it is easier with the roundabout at Smythe now.

I always found it surprising that there were only 2 NBLC stores on the southside. If there are 2 on the northside, there should definitely be enough business for a 3rd on the southside. Considering the universities and NBLC's monopoly on alcohol retailing (unlike in NL where you can buy domestic beer at gas stations and convenience stores) I couldn't understand why there were only 2 outlets serving Fredericton south.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 5:02 PM

There used to be more Southside, but many of them have closed up or moved.

There used to be one at the Superstore, one right downtown near the TD Tower (behind what is now Greystone Brewing), and the two that exist now at Uptown Centre and the old Train Station.

While I have no doubt another store would work on the Southside, I do wonder if Corbett is too close to the Uptown location (and/or the potential Bishop Centre location); especially with an Outlet store on the Hanwell at the TCH. Seems like a full store might be better off maybe out near the Coop on the Vanier or someplace like that.

Still, this location at Corbett is supposed to be quite large; the biggest in the city; so they're probably eventually planning to just shut down Uptown and yield the space to Sobeys maybe.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
There used to be one at the Superstore, one right downtown near the TD Tower (behind what is now Greystone Brewing), and the two that exist now at Uptown Centre and the old Train Station.
The King Street location closed a while before the train station store opened, and the Superstore location closed when the train station opened.

Closing the Superstore location was disappointing as it was very convenient regardless of the proximity of the York Street store. Not having a store in the downtown core is too bad, though at least you can buy some products at Greystone, Picaroons, and The Abbey. Would be nice to have a privately owned boutique beer and wine store downtown.

I doubt that the Prospect Street store will stay open once there's a store in the Corbett Centre.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 6:21 PM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
The King Street location closed a while before the train station store opened, and the Superstore location closed when the train station opened.

Closing the Superstore location was disappointing as it was very convenient regardless of the proximity of the York Street store. Not having a store in the downtown core is too bad, though at least you can buy some products at Greystone, Picaroons, and The Abbey. Would be nice to have a privately owned boutique beer and wine store downtown.

I doubt that the Prospect Street store will stay open once there's a store in the Corbett Centre.

I agree prospect location will be shut down. I don't think there is enough need to have two in such a close location. With the traffic circle it even makes them closer

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 10:49 PM

Another project that's been sneaking under the radar. The York Arena renovations. Still looks like a long way to go:

Taken by me, today.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 12:52 AM

Wow, they've still got the place completely gutted. I doubt it'll open for the start of hockey season but it might be open for the winter. I wonder how different the interior will be after a complete reno.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 1:44 AM

I've heard that project is a disaster.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 7:15 PM

Quote:
I've heard that project is a disaster.
IIRC they found some lead paint inside that pushed the completion back by a year.

I also wonder what the front of the place will look like now, the metal siding was absolutely dreadful and I'd love to see the old brick make a return unless it would interfere with the insulation.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco401 View Post
IIRC they found some lead paint inside that pushed the completion back by a year.
It goes beyond that.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 4:47 PM

Quote:
It goes beyond that.
People wanted to save it but should have known old building like that would have major issues.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces