HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Mar 12, 2019, 3:45 PM
Near Generational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
My point was we need to start work on the project. Some people make it sound like the city would grind to a halt if we did a major overhaul and expansion of Deerfoot but I don't think that would be the case.
With Stoney Trail in place, I could see a scenario where they close the south portions of Deerfoot for periods of time to get some of the work done without completely paralyzing the city.

Something like southbound traffic uses Blackfoot Trail and northbound traffic takes Barlow.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2019, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
With Stoney Trail in place, I could see a scenario where they close the south portions of Deerfoot for periods of time to get some of the work done without completely paralyzing the city.

Something like southbound traffic uses Blackfoot Trail and northbound traffic takes Barlow.
That would never happen. Stoney is too far from Deerfoot to make it a viable alternative for many trips in the city. Blackfoot and Barlow are too important to the overall city road network to be fundamentally changing their flow. They have too many accesses and businesses along them to be one-way as well - the business owners would undoubtedly lose customers during that kind of detour.

They have successfully done lots of work on Deerfoot without closing it, and will continue to do so in the future.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2019, 6:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
Why do you deliberately misread people's posts?
There was no part of that post that was mis-read. The Houston touchstone was not random, rather was followed by an explicit statement that "we can do IT too".

And it really has nothing to do with you. I'm unclear why you're insisting on fanning flames even where none existed initially.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2019, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
There was no part of that post that was mis-read. The Houston touchstone was not random, rather was followed by an explicit statement that "we can do IT too".

And it really has nothing to do with you. I'm unclear why you're insisting on fanning flames even where none existed initially.
Because you deliberately misread and misrepresent what was said.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2019, 7:11 PM

Quote:

Because you have done this on many occasions. Rather than spending a second to think about the reasons a poster wrote something, you choose to interpret posts in the worst possible light.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2019, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Because you have done this on many occasions. Rather than spending a second to think about the reasons a poster wrote something, you choose to interpret posts in the worst possible light.
I've come to the conclusion that Suburbia has acquired full immunity here. He's free to troll, personally attack other posts, campaign, etc. as much as he wants.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 4:05 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I've come to the conclusion that Suburbia has acquired full immunity here. He's free to troll, personally attack other posts, campaign, etc. as much as he wants.
Corndogger - the fact I pick up on undertones and shine a light on them is not grounds for dismissal. On this particular topic, you've had ample opportunity to respond to my original comment and clarify what you meant if indeed it was misunderstood, but you've not done that.

Last edited by suburbia; Mar 13, 2019 at 4:58 PM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Corndogger - the fact I pick up on undertones and shine a light on them is not grounds for dismissal. On this particular topic, you've had ample opportunity to respond to my original comment and clarify what you meant if indeed it was misunderstood, but you've not done that.
You make shit up and then big a stink about it trying to make other people look bad. As for your comment about Deerfoot it doesn't deserve a reply. Everyone else knew exactly what I was talking about but you. Well, you probably did to but you couldn't resist the urge to go off on a tangent to make a stupid political point and a take a shot.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 6:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
You make shit up and then big a stink about it trying to make other people look bad.
What did I make up exactly?

Quote:
As for your comment about Deerfoot it doesn't deserve a reply. Everyone else knew exactly what I was talking about but you. Well, you probably did to but you couldn't resist the urge to go off on a tangent to make a stupid political point and a take a shot.
I clearly do not get what you were talking about as I understood it as you being thumbs up about Houston's new toll road highways (which you posted a video about) and then said something to the effect that we can do it too. So what exactly were you trying to say if not to suggest using Houston as a touchstone? What was the point of the Houston video? Saying that you will not comment on my response is a cop out, and you know it. You need to be more resilient in a "discussion forum".

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 6:44 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

For the record,
I understood what Corndogger meant - milomilo summerized it perfectly to which Corndogger replied "^This".

Just checked the City website and noticed the Crowchild & Glenmore improvements are due to be completed by the end of 2019.
Will be great to be driving on these improved routes by this time next year.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 6:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
For the record,
I understood what Corndogger meant
Which was what? Why was there a Houston video posted, with the statement, "we can do this"?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 6:56 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
For the record,
I understood what Corndogger meant - milomilo summerized it perfectly to which Corndogger replied "^This".

Just checked the City website and noticed the Crowchild & Glenmore improvements are due to be completed by the end of 2019.
Will be great to be driving on these improved routes by this time next year.
I hope when they're done that stretch where the speed limit is down to 50 has 6 lanes that are as wide as the rest of the road and the speed limit is back to at least 80.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Which was what? Why was there a Houston video posted, with the statement, "we can do this"?
Everyone else managed to read it fine, he said "A complete Deerfoot redesign and expansion would be a piece of cake. We can do this folks!". To me, it's quite clear the 'this' he was referring to was Deerfoot redesign, not turning Calgary into Houston.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 10:47 PM
BANNED

You missed some important parts of his post MiloMilo. And you didn't answer the Q on why he posted the media on the toll accessible Houston monstrosity.

Here is what he ACTUALLY said:

Quote:
Fixing and expanding Deerfoot might be a PITA but look at what they're planning to do in Houston. A complete Deerfoot redesign and expansion would be a piece of cake. We can do this folks!

Last edited by suburbia; Mar 13, 2019 at 11:09 PM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 11:05 PM

As I said, you are deliberately misreading, rather than read a post assuming their best intention, you read it assuming their worst. If this was a one off incident I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but you've done it so many times that pleading innocence doesn't stick.

That's all I'll say on this matter, because you will keep doing it regardless.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 11:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
As I said, you are deliberately misreading, rather than read a post assuming their best intention, you read it assuming their worst. If this was a one off incident I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but you've done it so many times that pleading innocence doesn't stick.

That's all I'll say on this matter, because you will keep doing it regardless.
If he wasn't attempting to draw our attention to the Houston example, why was a video posted and why did he speak about Houston (in the sentence you chose not to quote)?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 11:54 PM

Everybody just block suburbia the useless troll. Suburbia you are a garbage forum user and should be banned by the forum.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 1:17 AM
Near Generational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollerstud98 View Post
Everybody just block suburbia the useless troll. Suburbia you are a garbage forum user and should be banned by the forum.
People keep baiting him and he can't help himself.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 1:40 AM

You guys are all idiots. There are cool projects in Calgary and all you do is bicker like a bunch of kids. Either move on or talk about the thread. It’s roads!
The last project I remember on Deerfoot itself (besides the BRT bridge at 17ave) was between beddington and 64th. Things went quite smooth with that project. The building of the 4 interchanges and the expansion of the freeway between Douglasglen and McKenzie Lake, although taking nearly a decade went quite smooth as well. No matter what the shirt term pain any of the potential projects will help the flow of Deerfoot

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure