HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 5:09 AM

Cardiac kids do it again. Bennett looked great. Best line tonight. Hiller made some big saves too.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
PS: Vancouver: the "woo" after you score a goal is not only really, really stupid, it's also done by your previous playoff embarrassment. Although I'm not sure who ripped off whom.
Oh, and given that this is a site about buildings, what's the deal with calling your building the "saddledome"? Don't domes usually arch UPWARDS?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 5:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkahHigh View Post
The way he fell, I thought his wrist was broken for sure, which is why the refs gave Subban a game misconduct.
A 5 minute major for slashing is an automatic game misconduct. And Subban definitely deserved more than 2 minutes for that one. Really, what the hell was he thinking?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 5:24 AM

Great game by the Flames. Thought the nerves of the young guys showed early in the game but they were able to calm down in the third.

That embellishment by Stone in the early game was embarrassing, Canuck-like you might say!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 5:39 AM
Editor

Nice win by the Flames in what was an entertaining game. One of the best games I've seen this season for straight up hockey entertainment. Good up and down fast paced play, and as expected, it was a pretty even match. I think it's going to be a long series.

I have to give props to the Flames young guys. They didn't look inexperienced for the most part. Nice to see that 18 year old Bennett looked like he belonged out there. Gaudreau and Monahan looked a bit shaky at first but picked it up. I was also impressed with the Colbourne/Backlund line. I thought they had a strong game.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 5:40 AM

Weber and Kenins were horrible. I hope they sit next game.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 5:48 AM
Fake News

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 10:53 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
A 5 minute major for slashing is an automatic game misconduct. And Subban definitely deserved more than 2 minutes for that one. Really, what the hell was he thinking?
I don't know where Subban's mind was. He also was lucky in the first to get out of a high-sticking penalty when he swung his stick high in the air going after a flying puck and hit a Sens player in the face.

I suppose he had or will have a chat with Therrien who will tell him to give his head a shake for the next game.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 10:56 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Markov was also not very good last night which means the two skaters they were counting on most in the absence of Pacioretty kind of let them down last night.

But they still won - thanks for the 4th line coming through for them.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 11:55 AM
More transit please

As I can see the Canucks-Flames rivalry is alive and well

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 1:15 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkahHigh View Post
As I can see the Canucks-Flames rivalry is alive and well
Yep! I missed it during the regular season. We didn't play them enough this year to truly stoke the fire. This series is bringing it all back though.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 2:06 PM
arf

Overall a very entertaining first night. Chicago's let's just ignore the whole first period, switch goalies, and win in double overtime on the road was great stuff.

Subban deserved to get kicked out. Resulting injury is not what should be the basis of a penalty. His action was stupid and dangerous. He'll probably get off easier than he should because I'd give him an extra game for being a pinhead. The way Subban played up the innocent act was much worse than Stone's. Should be getting a letter from the diving committee, again. Play hockey Subban, we know you can.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 2:34 PM
Editor

These days in the playoffs, it only takes one game to get a rivalry going. It doesn't take much to get some controversy going either lol!

The slash on Stone didn't look that hard.....I think Stone may have embellished it a little bit Still a dumb move by Subban though. Any-time you swipe at someone's wrists with a two hander there's little interpretation as to why.

I'm looking forward to tonight's games, especially the Pens and Rangers, and the Ducks and Jets. I don't think the Ducks will know what hit them, and I think the Pens are going to steal one.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 3:01 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Pierre LeBrun has tweeted: NHL says no further disciplinary action against Subban.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 3:03 PM
Moran supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveston View Post
Oh, and given that this is a site about buildings, what's the deal with calling your building the "saddledome"? Don't domes usually arch UPWARDS?
Really?

Maybe you need to go back and read one of your posts in this thread from just a few days ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveston View Post
Don't denigrate yourself by starting this bullsh*t.

Frankly, it says a lot more about you than it does about them.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 3:07 PM
BANNED

Flames vs Canucks going to be a great series. Every game should be a nail bitter.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 3:23 PM

Oh how I missed Flames playoff hockey!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 3:27 PM

Most of you guys just seem to just watch the Western games. It's too late for me here, they don't start until 10pm and don't finish until almost 1am. Although I do keep tabs on the scores for the Van/Cal games. Im more focused on the Montreal-Ottawa series myself. Great game last night, it was close. It'll be a very entertaining battle.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
Most of you guys just seem to just watch the Western games. It's too late for me here, they don't start until 10pm and don't finish until almost 1am. Although I do keep tabs on the scores for the Van/Cal games. Im more focused on the Montreal-Ottawa series myself. Great game last night, it was close. It'll be a very entertaining battle.
I would say it's actually the opposite...Many of us here in west watch both eastern and western games. The folks in the east usually don't watch the western games due to the time difference.
Playoff hockey is awesome when you are in this time zone. I arrive home from work and a game is just starting. I watched both Canadian matchups last night.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 3:40 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
Most of you guys just seem to just watch the Western games. .
Not all of us!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada