HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
Yup.

He has straightened out the locker room and helped the core players to become who they truly are. He brought out the best in everyone on and off the ice. Chevy will be proud of that at the very least.

Now the final piece of the puzzle to build off what Bones helped build needs to be found, and to finish deep in the playoffs with the final ultimate goal that we all know of and want.

I'm glad he was our coach. Started his career with the Jets (1.0), ended his career with the Jets (2.0).
Just worried now we settled for Arneil and it will be Lowry 2.0

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 9:48 PM

With the solid 'look in the mirror' face slap the season ticket issue has given the Jets. I hope they realize going with the boring, historical connections wont cut it. Arniel, seriously?

As the other poster said, clear house with the coaching staff and start fresh. Keep Hellebuycks goalie coach. The rest, gone.

They have a decent shot here at a refresh with the team. If they could sign Monahan, I'd probably be interested. I'm not sure about Toffolli, he'll likey be gone. Clear out the defence. Have yourself a new look team.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:20 AM

I don't follow the AHL to closely but looking at the coach of the year candidates I wonder of Mitch Love or Todd Nelson get a look. I like Nelson of the two seeing as he has been head coach of 4 championship teams at different levels. Tons of playoff experience as both a player and a coach. Only 54 years old.

Also was assistant under Bowness in Dallas...which is interesting at least.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/award...emorial+Award)

Some interesting names on that list as you go through it.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:31 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
Just worried now we settled for Arneil and it will be Lowry 2.0
If it's Arniel, I'm okay with that, as long as we fire Lauer, the special teams coach, since our powerplay and penalty kills have been weaksauce at best.

Although I know there are more experienced coaches out there. Berube comes to mind since he won the cup with St. Louis in 2019.

Again, just need to fire Lauer for the incompetence of special teams and we are set.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
They have a decent shot here at a refresh with the team. If they could sign Monahan, I'd probably be interested. I'm not sure about Toffolli, he'll likey be gone. Clear out the defence. Have yourself a new look team.
They were the best defence in the league through the regular season, I wouldn't clear them out just because they got coached into oblivion during the playoffs.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:18 PM

I think the team defense thing was the reason for the stellar run of defensive play. Our defense though, needs a re-boot. Keep Morrissey, Dillon. The rest can be replaced. Give Heinola a shot.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I think the team defense thing was the reason for the stellar run of defensive play. Our defense though, needs a re-boot. Keep Morrissey, Dillon. The rest can be replaced. Give Heinola a shot.
Heinola is never going to make a difference IMHO. He was drafted 5 years ago, and can't make the roster FT
However that Swedish guy we drafted in the 2nd round in 2022 looks very promising.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan