HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Aug 17, 2021, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
To add to this, the long-planned project on the east side of the 900 block of North Broad (between Poplar and Girard) is finally getting started! Most of the former buildings have been demolished. There’s also a ton of construction on the 800 block, including a new five-story building currently rising on the huge lot adjacent to The Met.
trying to remember the 900 block N. broad project, drawing a blank on that one. I think there was supposed to be on on the east side that went to CDR and then died about 3 years back.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2021, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Hilco Redevelopment Partners leases space in Cira Centre amid preparations for refinery project
Quote:
The company plans to build upwards of 15 million square feet of industrial, life sciences, light manufacturing and other space over the next 13 to 15 years.
^I hope there are concurrent plans to improve the transportation infrastructure as well. Adding 15million square feet of industrial/manufacturing - and all the traffic that comes with it - to a road that barely functions as is (I76)? - Seems like a recipe for disaster.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2021, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
trying to remember the 900 block N. broad project, drawing a blank on that one. I think there was supposed to be on on the east side that went to CDR and then died about 3 years back.
Found it! It's 915-923 North Broad:

https://www.phila.gov/media/20190822...oad-Street.pdf

There were actually two large projects that were supposed to occur on that block: this project, along with 906 North Broad (the building that currently houses a Family Dollar). I really hope that the latter project happens, as I remember the renderings being stunning!

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Aug 17, 2021, 10:12 PM

I don't know if it has been mentioned here but the Passyunk Square development at 1201 Wharton Street has been under construction for awhile. The developer is 'Flow.' This is at the northeast corner of Columbus (née Passyunk) Square so basically the only lots left to develop on the square are the Municipal parking lot and fire station on the east side of the square that are part of the 1100 Municipal complex development inching towards being greenlighted.

The existing building is a neat old two story building that is being gutted and converted into 10 residential units plus 1500 square feet on the top floor (one floor is being added). At this point they've demoed the inside and just the facade is basically all that is left with it being supported on the outside by those wooden braces you see on buildings that are in danger of collapsing.

Links:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...g-12th-wharton
https://www.flow.gives/1201wharton.html

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
^I hope there are concurrent plans to improve the transportation infrastructure as well. Adding 15million square feet of industrial/manufacturing - and all the traffic that comes with it - to a road that barely functions as is (I76)? - Seems like a recipe for disaster.
I thought there was a plan to build a "River Road" basically all along the river from Gray's Ferry ish all the way to 95 and the Navy Yard?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 5:10 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by eixample View Post
I don't know if it has been mentioned here but the Passyunk Square development at 1201 Wharton Street has been under construction for awhile. The developer is 'Flow.' This is at the northeast corner of Columbus (née Passyunk) Square so basically the only lots left to develop on the square are the Municipal parking lot and fire station on the east side of the square that are part of the 1100 Municipal complex development inching towards being greenlighted.

The existing building is a neat old two story building that is being gutted and converted into 10 residential units plus 1500 square feet on the top floor (one floor is being added). At this point they've demoed the inside and just the facade is basically all that is left with it being supported on the outside by those wooden braces you see on buildings that are in danger of collapsing.

Links:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...g-12th-wharton
https://www.flow.gives/1201wharton.html
So is this stalled or still progressing? I couldn't find any info on the situation.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
So is this stalled or still progressing? I couldn't find any info on the situation.
There are people working on site pretty much every day. So it's in progress.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 7:47 PM

Plans Afoot to Combine a Couple Properties and Build a Hotel at 10th & Arch

View of current site:

Site plans:

Rendering:

Read/view more here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...otel-10th-arch

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 8:28 PM

Well, I'm glad the Historical Commission has jurisdiction over this one. Probably the worst facadectomy I've ever seen proposed. I'm surprised architects were even involved in coming up with that.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 10:26 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
Well, I'm glad the Historical Commission has jurisdiction over this one. Probably the worst facadectomy I've ever seen proposed. I'm surprised architects were even involved in coming up with that.
Yea I'm with you on this, this is the worst design I've ever seen in Philly at this point. Why not try to match the other buildings brick Facade and then do a new crown on top of both buildings. that design looks really corny.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2021, 3:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
All there is so far is the demo permit, which appeared in the City's eClipse Daily Zoning Report on Monday, and a plumbing permit to seal the lateral (typically a precursor to demo). Nothing yet in atlas either.

https://eclipse.phila.gov/phillylmsp...lyZoningReport

ZP-2021-000231 Jan 26, 2021 316-20 S 11TH ST, Philadelphia, PA 19107-6067 316 SOUTH 11TH STREET L P 1
Complete Demolition of Existing 3 Story Parking Garage

This garage has been demo'd, and the site is currently in the process of being dug out.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
This garage has been demo'd, and the site is currently in the process of being dug out.
ZONING PERMIT
ZP-2021-001497

Quote:
NEW CONSTRUCTION, ADDITION, GFA CHANGE
FOR THE ERECTION OF NINE ATTACHED TOWNHOUSE STRUCTURES EACH TO BE FOUR-STORY WITH REAR DECKS, ROOF DECKS, AND FULL BASEMENTS WITH EGRESS. MIXED INCOME BONUS OF 7'. BUILDING NOT TO EXCEED 45 FEET IN HEIGHT. SIZE AND LOCATIONS PER PLANS.

https://li.phila.gov/Property-Histor...ZP-2021-001497

Old Posted Aug 19, 2021, 3:59 PM

Permits Issued For 15-Unit Building At 2401-05 Frankford Avenue

Rendering:

Rendering:

Current site:

Current site:

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/08/perm...-fishtown.html

Old Posted Aug 19, 2021, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Found it! It's 915-923 North Broad:

https://www.phila.gov/media/20190822...oad-Street.pdf

There were actually two large projects that were supposed to occur on that block: this project, along with 906 North Broad (the building that currently houses a Family Dollar). I really hope that the latter project happens, as I remember the renderings being stunning!
thanks, wow I do remember this now. Not a huge fan of this one, but its better than whats there now. The one across the street was a better design but it seems to be dead.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2021, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
i just walked past this yesterday and wondered what was going on.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2021, 11:23 AM
Philly Pholly

Just in cleaning up this corner is a huge boost to the neighborhood.
The building is almost odd enough to be interesting.
Plant more mature trees
New sidewalks?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2021, 7:27 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
i just walked past this yesterday and wondered what was going on.
One guy and his big mansion row home in Philly.

Thats Philly for sure

Old Posted Aug 20, 2021, 7:52 PM

Looks like Ridge Avenue is getting yet another 5 story building within Francisville!

Quote:
ZP-2021-004438
Aug 20, 2021
1820 RIDGE AVE, Philadelphia, PA 19130-1523
1820-22 RIDGE AVENUE LLC, 1820-22 RIDGE AVENUE LLC 5, 5

PROPOSED NEW CONSTRUCTION OF FIVE STTORY MIXED USE BUILDING WITH GROUND FLOOR COMMERCIAL SHELL, MULTI-FAMILY SPACES, ROOF DECK, AND BASEMENT. ALSO A LOT LINE CONSOLADTATION TO CREATE 2 LOTS INTO 1 LOT
As a Francisville resident, it is so exciting to see Ridge snag yet another building! The 1800 block will be fully built out once this building comes online, and the 1700, 1600, and 1500 blocks won't be too far behind. All we need is a sit-down restaurant to open up and launch the tidal wave of retail that will soon hit Ridge! Libertee Grounds is amazing, and I love all of the restaurants along Fairmount Ave, but Ridge Avenue really needs more bars and restaurants.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Aug 20, 2021, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
One guy and his big mansion row home in Philly.

Thats Philly for sure
It will actually be a row of nine townhouses that extend back along Cypress.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2021, 10:09 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post
It will actually be a row of nine townhouses that extend back along Cypress.
Lol I figured it was I was just making fun at that render with the one lonely guy standing in front of it like he owns the place.

I guess the designer didn't want to add diversity in this one

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development