HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 2:51 AM
恭喜发财!

Work, no; live, yes. Currently on the 8th floor of a 12 floor building, but will be moving to the 24th floor of a 26 floor building in a few months.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 3:02 AM

yes: I work on the 24th floor of a 36 story building.

no: We live on the 6th floor of an 8 story building.

the two are separated by a bit under 2 miles.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 3:54 AM

Live on the top floor of a 26-floor building.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 4:50 AM

Not anymore, but worked on the 38th floor of 52 story Georgia-Pacific Center for 9 years with an amazing view of the historic Downtown core and the Airport. More recently worked on the 12th floor of 15 story 30 Allen Plaza with a fantastic view of Midtown & Buckhead.

Live and work from home now on the first floor in a mixed townhome/flat condo neighborhood with a very lush, green view. While not nearly as exciting as the urban vistas, it is very pretty and VERY soothing during crazy times & days.

Last edited by atlantaguy; Aug 10, 2013 at 5:40 AM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 4:57 AM
Borneo Expat

I work in a 52 story office tower.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 5:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviationGuy View Post
Several years ago I visited an upper floor of the Spires. The view was great from up there.
Unfortunately, my view is to the South. I look over the VA complex, the Astrodome, Reliant Stadium, and the far Southern part of the Medical Center. The Northern views over Hermann Park, Museum District, Midtown, Downtown, TMC, Rice, UH, Greenway, and Uptown are MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

Can't complain though. The bldg is owner-occupied condos but I found 1 of the few furnished rentals to move into while I completed the reno. of my house near Rice U. Found a 1929 that had no central air, a kitchen from the 40s, and hadn't been lived in in over 6 years. PERFECT.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
Unfortunately, my view is to the South. I look over the VA complex, the Astrodome, Reliant Stadium, and the far Southern part of the Medical Center. The Northern views over Hermann Park, Museum District, Midtown, Downtown, TMC, Rice, UH, Greenway, and Uptown are MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

Can't complain though. The bldg is owner-occupied condos but I found 1 of the few furnished rentals to move into while I completed the reno. of my house near Rice U. Found a 1929 that had no central air, a kitchen from the 40s, and hadn't been lived in in over 6 years. PERFECT.
Oh, wow! Please post pics when everything is completed.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 5:34 AM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

Used to work in the old Borden Building (18th floor) in Columbus but not any longer.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 4:26 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

I live in a 7 storey building.
I am a student but I was on internship for few weeks in a company in Central Paris during the month of July.
It was a 7 floors buildings.

So my answer is no and no.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 5:14 PM
She needs her space

Lived on fl 15 of a 40 story building in Atlanta before moving to fl 5 of a 30 story tower also in Atlanta. I had really good views from the first condo but the condo turned to shit and I had to move to a better building/location...no views but much more walkable and a more interesting, refined international resident profile. If I moved back, I would consider that building again, but get a high floor unit.

Worked on floor 15 of a 30 story office tower in Atlanta, before moving to floor 14 of a 20 story tower there. Also interned in college on fl 6 of a 15 floor building.

Here in SF I live on fl 5 of a 23 story tower (that has a roof deck...watched Jul 4 fireworks from the roof) and work on fl 31 of a 48 story tower. I have pictures of all my views but I'm lazy. I do take people up to the office now at night to see the views, but if I worked for the first company I worked for post college in Atl (fl 15 of 30), I'd be on the 44th fl of my building here in SF with most certainly the best 360 degree panoramic views in the city outside of the views from 555 california.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 5:22 PM

Live, no. I'd love to someday. Work, yes. 10th floor of Bankers Hall West Tower in Downtown Calgary. The view isn't that great, though. Most of it is just of the East Tower...

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 5:41 PM
Urbane observer

Yes. Live (and work) in a 27-story building.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 7:05 PM

I work on the 77th floor of an office building and live on the 20th floor of a residential building.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 1:49 AM
tilted & shifted

Used to work on the 55th floor of the Aon Center...

...until my company moved to 300 North LaSalle

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
Lived on fl 15 of a 40 story building in Atlanta before moving to fl 5 of a 30 story tower also in Atlanta. I had really good views from the first condo but the condo turned to shit and I had to move to a better building/location...no views but much more walkable and a more interesting, refined international resident profile. If I moved back, I would consider that building again, but get a high floor unit.
Which 40 story residential building in Atlanta "turned to shit"? I'm very curious about this...

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post

I'll bet lot value alone is sky high. At least that's the case just east of Kirby and a couple of blocks north of Holcombe where my folks live (should be close to your reno).

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 3:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelJ View Post
Which 40 story residential building in Atlanta "turned to shit"? I'm very curious about this...
He's referring to 1280 West across from the Arts Center train station. The same station he claims he was beat up in.

I feel simms3_redux has a huge aversion to being around black folks. His post history pretty much confirms this.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 4:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviationGuy View Post
I'll bet lot value alone is sky high. At least that's the case just east of Kirby and a couple of blocks north of Holcombe where my folks live (should be close to your reno).
Are your folks in Southgate? I am in Southampton, which is on the northern side of Rice Stadium compared to Southgate (southern side of Rice Stadium).

I bought the old house in 2009. It was being sold as a "tear down" but I was the idiot who fell in love with it and decided to save it. The prices have risen dramatically in the area since I purchased. The sad part about the price increase is that many of the older homes are now getting torn down and spec builders are throwing up monster lot-busters.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions