HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed007Toronto View Post
The quality of the cladding will make or break 432.
Well what you already see is what you are getting, aside from the blue fading that bright clean white concrete is the look.

I personally think its going to look great, as nice as a One57 is I love the fact that this is not just another glass tower. It is different in the right ways, and once we have the Nordstrom tower as well as the tower verre I think everything is going to blend in great together.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 12:54 PM

The Verre should've been taller than this IMO, though. Because the Verre top would've been such an epic signal crowning the surroundings. It looks like some sharp stalagmite or something.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 2:53 PM
Walk taker

Looks like they've started on the commercial spaces surrounding the tower - does anyone know if the plan is still to build a huge glass box? I always liked that idea

Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 8:04 PM
Come As You Are

I'm more curious as to how the 'outline' of the former hotel on the Franklin Bank Building (the black one) will be dealt with. Will they just leave the scars there?

Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 9:21 PM

there probabily just going to paint it

Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 10:19 PM
Ikonic Exposure

Just starting to get the tiniest visual sense of the building now with the lower floors becoming visible, I wonder how long before we see a few windows installed?
I hope to make my third trip to NYC soon, can't wait to see all the new scrapers since 2005!
:~}

Occupy Birmingham.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 11:34 PM

I'm sorry but I really think this is must be the ugliest thing to hit the New York skyline. Way too tall. Pretty hideous, really.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 1:44 AM
She needs her space

^^^LoL I kind of agree. NYC has plenty of really tall buildings going up that give me something to look forward to, and while it will be interesting to watch this thing go up, I don't think it adds to the skyline...and it's TOO TALL for that particular area, too slender, just too much imho (or maybe not enough...there's no "design" here).

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 2:55 AM
Come As You Are

Oh there's a design, a minimalist one.

There will be a taller one on the other side of Midtown that will balance this one out.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 3:40 AM
Mr. Technology

This is going to be a beautiful tower and I can't wait to see it!

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 4:08 AM
Ex Houstonian

Haters gonna hate. I personally love the minimalist design of this tower and love how fucking tall it is.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 5:36 AM

As soon as they put the deck down on floor 6 we will be at the roof elevation for the retail area on the 57th St side. Or about 95' above the lobby. Not including the core. The next floors will only be the main tower for 1,303'

Last edited by sw5710; Mar 26, 2013 at 5:46 AM.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 5:50 AM
BANNED

Will the retail open while the tower is still under construction like with Aura?

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Will View Post
Will the retail open while the tower is still under construction like with Aura?
No. It's already been announced that the tower will not be opened till 2015. The store will open at around the same time.

Last edited by Roadcruiser1; Mar 26, 2013 at 7:39 AM.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 6:40 AM

sure it's not 2015?

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 7:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze23 View Post
sure it's not 2015?
Whoops. It's 2015. I got this one confused with 225 West 57th Street for a second there.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 12:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
I don't think it adds to the skyline...and it's TOO TALL for that particular area, too slender
It doesn't add to the skyline, and yet it's too tall? Which is it? You know, this is a building where opinions are going to be very divided. Some love it, some hate it.
Some think it's just ok. But too tall? That's just an idea I can't entertain. Certainly not in Midtown, which is a sea of skyscrapers. When you look at the Empire State,
there are no rivals around it in height, but is it too tall for that area? Of course not. New York has a history of it's skyline catching up to its tallest towers. And already
there is a tower planned to top this one.

(March 26, 2013)

www.432park.com

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
^^^LoL I kind of agree. NYC has plenty of really tall buildings going up that give me something to look forward to, and while it will be interesting to watch this thing go up, I don't think it adds to the skyline...and it's TOO TALL for that particular area, too slender, just too much imho (or maybe not enough...there's no "design" here).
Your logic makes no sense, if no one built taller NYC would not be the place it is today. Certainly this tower is going to DOMINATE the area when it is done, however just wait until Tower Verre, One57 and Nordstrom tower all all finished and suddenly they all start to blend together.

It is the natural course of things in NYC, you have a plateau in midtown which is no longer going to be the case and this is a good thing. In the next 10 years that skyline will be transformed.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 2:22 PM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
This is where it gets interesting!
Notice in this picture that NYguy has posted clearly shows how 432 Park Avenue takes your attention from One57, however; once 225 W 57th is built, our focus will change yet again.

What we will have is a balance in the skyline.

Then when you look at the skyline as a whole, you will immediately notice that the Empire State Building dominates the skyline, not for it's height, but for its location as at anchors the skyline from the center, much in the same way One WTC anchors the skyline from the south.

This harmony of supertall towers invites others with big ideas to build taller.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 2:58 PM

Smile

This tower is tall and thin, its what made it unique from the rest of its surrounding.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive