HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

View Poll Results: Which party do you plan to vote for in the 2019 federal election?
Conservative Party 73 25.61%
Liberal Party 119 41.75%
NDP 44 15.44%
Green Party 27 9.47%
Peoples Party of Canada 22 7.72%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
It's the exact other way around: now that JT is damaged goods, the Tories will be the ones getting a higher quality leader for when the minority govt will fall.
Not a fan of the Conservative party, but Scheer was bland enough to be palatable. Not sure who would replace Scheer. Raitt is out. Would Ambrose make a come back?
Please note that, unless explicitly stated, the above post is not meant to be a slight against your favourite city. If you are about to quote my post and respond with indignation, please take a moment to consider what my post literally says rather than any subliminal meaning you may have attached to it.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:51 AM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
This election seems to be won by the shy liberal vote in Ontario. Seems a lot of them toyed with the idea of voting NDP but when push came to shove they went Liberal to keep the Tories out.
Thank Christ. Whew!

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Well CBC has 1 IND ahead, if not her who is it?
Bachrach who is way up north in BC's Skeena Valley.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman23 View Post
Not a fan of the Conservative party, but Scheer was bland enough to be palatable. Not sure who would replace Scheer. Raitt is out. Would Ambrose make a come back?
Just because Raitt is out doesn’t mean she can’t run to replace Scheer.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:56 AM
Shoehorn Freeway ca 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
You mean holding a by-election in Alberta somewhere down the road for her to show up at the House of Commons again?

Won't she be... may I say... too Albertanized by the time the next election comes around?

On va prolonger l'Autoroute 417 jusqu'à Renfrew à bientôt, tout en remplaçant l'intersection du Chemin Calabogie à un échangeur d'abord!

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:56 AM

Quote:
Actually the bigger names I can think of are all "out" at the moment anyway (MacKay, Ambrose... Raitt... Kenney?)

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:00 AM

Liberals win the most seats, Conservatives get the most votes, a Hilary Clinton type loss for Scheer, probably not good enough showing for him to stay leader for long.

“We don’t want to “save the planet” from human beings; we want to improve the planet for human beings.” ― Alex J. Epstein, The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:06 AM
BANNED

The biggest dissapointment of this whole election for me is the gains made by the Bloc. I literally hate that. They do not represent the country, but would rather see it rattled and shaken, or even worse, torn apart. And now, because of a Liberal win, we will begin to hear idiots out west thumping their chests for independence.

I hate seperatists, regardless if they are from the east or from the west.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:07 AM

Quote:
I don't know how much confidence she would inspire at a leadership convention having just lost her seat. I would imagine she's not going to run.
Please note that, unless explicitly stated, the above post is not meant to be a slight against your favourite city. If you are about to quote my post and respond with indignation, please take a moment to consider what my post literally says rather than any subliminal meaning you may have attached to it.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
The biggest dissapointment of this whole election for me is the gains made by the Bloc. I literally hate that. They do not represent the country, but would rather see it rattled and shaken, or even worse, torn apart.

You're actually really lucky they have only 32 seats, with the tiniest bit more votes they would have had 40+. They're losing several seats by a hair to the Libs (who are extraordinary lucky with FPTP splits - annoyingly so, there's something really irksome seeing a liar get so richly rewarded for lying).

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samne View Post
I dont get it. Why such a herd mentality in Alberta/Sask? Do Conservative values run that deep and wide?

There are other alternative parties even if they have such a hate on for the Liberals.
I don’t think that’s it. My riding in Regina voted NDP last time. All 3 Regina ridings voted Conservative this election. Including Regina-Wascana which Ralph Goodale has held since 1993. People love Ralph. They dislike Justin Trudeau that much. We were talking about the election at work last week and a co-worker was talking about how they voted Liberal in the last election and we’re voting Conservative this time. The reasoning was they felt let down by Trudeau and NDP or Green Party felt like a wasted vote because even if they won the riding, they wouldn’t win the election. I don’t agree with that, but I understand why they feel that way, and they aren’t alone in their thinking.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:10 AM

Oh and maybe Alberta Separatism will start being a factor now. (No idea, just saying.)

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:12 AM
Starring as himself

So Jagmeet Singh barely wins his own seat and the party's representation is down to 25. What happens there?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
So Jagmeet Singh barely wins his own seat and the party's representation is down to 25. What happens there?
If they haven't learned anything from 2015 they'll immediately toss him into the trash can like Mulcair and try their luck with someone (anyone!) else.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:14 AM
Registered Drug User

What a (political) monoculture the prairies is. Just a sea of blue.

Looks like Canada's "flyover country."

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
The biggest dissapointment of this whole election for me is the gains made by the Bloc. I literally hate that. They do not represent the country, but would rather see it rattled and shaken, or even worse, torn apart. And now, because of a Liberal win, we will begin to hear idiots out west thumping their chests for independence.

Looking at the map it seems clear to me the party tearing this country apart are the liberals.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawagord View Post
Liberals win the most seats, Conservatives get the most votes, a Hilary Clinton type loss for Scheer, probably not good enough showing for him to stay leader for long.
I guess this means we can count out electoral reform for the foreseeable future.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:17 AM
Astineux

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeLocker View Post
Looking at the map it seems clear to me the party tearing this country apart are the liberals.
Moreso than others like the Tories?

I do not think any party really is, BTW.

Still a really nice group of people to spend Christmas dinner with, though.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
What a (political) monoculture the prairies is. Just a sea of blue.
With the CPC winning the popular vote, I'm wondering if there could be enough support for electoral reform - NDP and Greens would definitely say yes, CPC might (they'd govern right now, based on popular vote) but the Bloc normally benefits from FPTP even though recently they were at the exact anti-sweet spot (25% of the vote in 3- and 4-ways races, winning nearly nothing) so maybe that's something they'd consider.

They could count on pretty much always having 25%-35% of Quebec seats, rather than sometimes having nearly two-thirds of Quebec seats and other times having barely a handful (and sometimes, like today, being in the middle of their range).

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 4:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeLocker View Post
Did you get red and blue mixed up?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada