HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


View Poll Results: Which party do you plan to vote for in the 2019 federal election?
Conservative Party 73 25.61%
Liberal Party 119 41.75%
NDP 44 15.44%
Green Party 27 9.47%
Peoples Party of Canada 22 7.72%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2721  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 1:06 PM
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 13,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by misher View Post
A lot of discussion over why Trudeau’s teaching certificate is missing from the BC database https://mobile.twitter.com/presscore...36315506286594
I'm surprised you aren't linking to Breitbart yet. Although I guess the campaign isn't over...
     
     
  #2722  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 2:31 PM
technomad's Avatar
technomad technomad is offline
surf the kali yuga
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alberia
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
I'm surprised you aren't linking to Breitbart yet. Although I guess the campaign isn't over...
what's wrong with Breitbart WarrenC12? you aren't some kind of anti-semite are you?

__________________
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature
     
     
  #2723  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 2:50 PM
travis3000's Avatar
travis3000 travis3000 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,753
Latest Nanos poll has a more competitive race with the Liberals now only 1 point ahead of the Cons. Clearly last nights sample was more Conservative. Trudeau leads preferred PM question by 5 points (it was 8 points yesterday). The reason for the Nanos change.... Trudeau lost 4 points in Quebec and 5 points in the Prairies. Good enough to knock his numbers down nationally by 2.5 points.

Abacus out with a new poll , Libs at 35, Cons at 33. (Bloq at 19% in Quebec)

As you can see it’s still a very tight race
     
     
  #2724  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 3:02 PM
CityTech CityTech is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,039
I honestly wonder if the PPC might not be in contention in Etobicoke North. That's the riding Rob Ford's widow, Renata Ford, is running in as the PPC candidate.

If you look at Etobicoke North's voting history, it's generally stong Liberal with very weak support for the conservatives. It was one of the few ridings that remained Liberal in Ignatieff's 2011 meltdown. Conservatives are weak enough that they've come in third before (like in the 2014 provincial election).

Yet Doug Ford ran in this riding provincially in 2018, and won it with over 50% of the vote.. this is a riding where for decades conservatives have struggled to get higher than the low 20s. The Ford brand has a lot of personal popularity out there.

At the very least, Renata should do well enough to ensure the Liberals hold the seat on a split.
     
     
  #2725  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 3:10 PM
FrankieFlowerpot's Avatar
FrankieFlowerpot FrankieFlowerpot is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,285
According to 338 - she is polling third at 11.3%.
The incumbent Liberal MP is at 54.9%

She's a long shot
     
     
  #2726  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 3:31 PM
elly63 elly63 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Michelle Remple would be a good one, but she's a bit out there for the Cons I think. Not boring enough.
I love Michelle and she is very earnest but I would like someone a little more thoughtful intellectually. I watched a lot of the house and the PC members were far more impressive than the Liberals but then again I can't stand the SJW agenda. I didn't know much about Pierre Poilievre but came away very impressed with him after he took on Morneau, he could have really given Trudeau a run for the money. I was also impressed with Candice Bergen in the house and initially perceived her as a lightweight (likely because of the name and her looks). She would be a good leader as well.
     
     
  #2727  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 3:48 PM
elly63 elly63 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Michelle Remple would be a good one, but she's a bit out there for the Cons I think. Not boring enough.
I'm glad you posted that smug shot at the end, because it shows your ignorance of the modern Conservative movement because as was posted earlier Conservative personalities are now being seen as the rebels.

Michelle is very popular among Conservatives especially for things like this referring to our fake feminist PM. Is it ok to say fake feminist, I didn't say soy boy this time or is saying fake feminist the same as constantly referring to an out of office Harper government as the trouble that plagues Canada.
     
     
  #2728  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 3:48 PM
Bcasey25raptor's Avatar
Bcasey25raptor Bcasey25raptor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver-False Creek
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
I love Michelle and she is very earnest but I would like someone a little more thoughtful intellectually. I watched a lot of the house and the PC members were far more impressive than the Liberals but then again I can't stand the SJW agenda. I didn't know much about Pierre Poilievre but came away very impressed with him after he took on Morneau, he could have really given Trudeau a run for the money. I was also impressed with Candice Bergen in the house and initially perceived her as a lightweight (likely because of the name and her looks). She would be a good leader as well.
I'd rather not encourage someone who thinks blocking your constituents who disagree with you on twitter is a logical and sound idea.
__________________
~ Singles life in Vancouver 2017, 200sq ft micro condos, thanks mayor Moonbeam.
~ Just a girl trapped in an inner city micro studio
~ Just Watch me
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau
     
     
  #2729  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 3:55 PM
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 13,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
I'm glad you posted that smug shot at the end, because it shows your ignorance of the modern Conservative movement because as was posted earlier Conservative personalities are now being seen as the rebels.
The "modern Conservative movement" seems to consist of betraying classic conservative ideals in the hopes of "owning the Libs" without any well thought out policy or vision.
     
     
  #2730  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 3:56 PM
elly63 elly63 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcasey25raptor View Post
I'd rather not encourage someone who thinks blocking your constituents who disagree with you on twitter is a logical and sound idea.
Why do I think it is not quite as simple as that.
     
     
  #2731  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 3:57 PM
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 13,313
English Debate Tonight

CPC still hasn't released their full platform.

One would think they'd like to distance themselves to comparisons with Ford, yet here we are.
     
     
  #2732  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 4:03 PM
Bcasey25raptor's Avatar
Bcasey25raptor Bcasey25raptor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver-False Creek
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
Why do I think it is not quite as simple as that.
for lack of any respect, you're a partisan hack, thats why.
__________________
~ Singles life in Vancouver 2017, 200sq ft micro condos, thanks mayor Moonbeam.
~ Just a girl trapped in an inner city micro studio
~ Just Watch me
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau
     
     
  #2733  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 4:08 PM
elly63 elly63 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcasey25raptor View Post
for lack of any respect, you're a partisan hack, thats why.
Wow, great response. Maybe whoever it was you were referring to didn't want her twitter account devolving into this, something your side seems to excel in. Hope you're proud.
     
     
  #2734  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 4:09 PM
misher's Avatar
misher misher is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
CPC still hasn't released their full platform.

One would think they'd like to distance themselves to comparisons with Ford, yet here we are.
The platform is now late. I’m sure most of us are wondering why.
     
     
  #2735  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 4:09 PM
thurmas's Avatar
thurmas thurmas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
CPC still hasn't released their full platform.

One would think they'd like to distance themselves to comparisons with Ford, yet here we are.
I read it will be released on October 11th
     
     
  #2736  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 4:10 PM
Bcasey25raptor's Avatar
Bcasey25raptor Bcasey25raptor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver-False Creek
Posts: 2,274
I put the abacus polling data into the tooclosetocall election simulator and the seat totals are as follows
176 liberal, 120 conservative, 4 bloc, 37 ndp, 1 green.

regional breakdown?
BC
9 cons, 18 liberals, 14 ndp, 1 green
Alberta
34 con
prairies
13 con, 7 liberal ( polls suggest the liberals will win in winnipeg), ndp 8
Ontario
49 con, 58 liberal, 14 ndp
quebec
12 con, 61 liberal, 1 ndp, 4 bloc
Atlantic canada
3 con, 29 liberal
Territories
3 liberal

I think abacus numbers are off on the prairies by a pretty large margin, but I could be wrong.
__________________
~ Singles life in Vancouver 2017, 200sq ft micro condos, thanks mayor Moonbeam.
~ Just a girl trapped in an inner city micro studio
~ Just Watch me
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau

Last edited by Bcasey25raptor; Oct 7, 2019 at 4:11 PM. Reason: ontario numbers didn't add up
     
     
  #2737  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 4:11 PM
milomilo milomilo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
I'm glad you posted that smug shot at the end, because it shows your ignorance of the modern Conservative movement because as was posted earlier Conservative personalities are now being seen as the rebels.

Michelle is very popular among Conservatives especially for things like this referring to our fake feminist PM. Is it ok to say fake feminist, I didn't say soy boy this time or is saying fake feminist the same as constantly referring to an out of office Harper government as the trouble that plagues Canada.
"The modern conservative movement". There is no such thing. Even if there was such a thing, it isn't based on any identifiable conservative values. What you probably are more accurately referring to is populism.
     
     
  #2738  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 4:15 PM
Bcasey25raptor's Avatar
Bcasey25raptor Bcasey25raptor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver-False Creek
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
Wow, great response. Maybe whoever it was you were referring to didn't want her twitter account devolving into this, something your side seems to excel in. Hope you're proud.
she blocked me because I posed a single question at her, thats all it took, it wasn't malicious, I merely asked her why she thought it was appropriate to say what she did, it was a long time ago though so I can't remember the context, the fact remains, she blocks people an dif you desire to represent all canadians in a federal government as their leader, blocking your very constituents regardless of the context is completely unacceptable political behavior.

If she blocks every day canadians who disagree with her than how are we to know she won't treat parliament the same way and govern like some quasi "i know best" dictator?

I'll take scheer over her any day, I've disagreed with scheer on social media, he doesn't block people, scheer may be boring but he's moderate and comes off as a reasonable guy.
__________________
~ Singles life in Vancouver 2017, 200sq ft micro condos, thanks mayor Moonbeam.
~ Just a girl trapped in an inner city micro studio
~ Just Watch me
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau
     
     
  #2739  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 4:19 PM
misher's Avatar
misher misher is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4,537
Tonight’s debate should be intersting. Below statement from the CPC Press. I think the CPC is going to show all their cards.
     
     
  #2740  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 4:19 PM
elly63 elly63 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcasey25raptor View Post
she blocked me because I posed a single question at her, thats all it took, it wasn't malicious, I merely asked her why she thought it was appropriate to say what she did, it was a long time ago though so I can't remember the context, the fact remains, she blocks people an dif you desire to represent all canadians in a federal government as their leader, blocking your very constituents regardless of the context is completely unacceptable political behavior.

If she blocks every day canadians who disagree with her than how are we to know she won't treat parliament the same way and govern like some quasi "i know best" dictator?

I'll take scheer over her any day, I've disagreed with scheer on social media, he doesn't block people, scheer may be boring but he's moderate and comes off as a reasonable guy.
If that's what actually happened to you then I can sympathize and wonder why you felt the need to call me a partisan hack. I also have to wonder how you can call Scheer a reasonable guy (which is what I think) and your compatriots make him out to be the devil incarnate.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:55 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.