HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 10:52 PM

Last time I checked that hole pretty much the entire south edge is a lot deeper, 2 maybe 3 metres more than the crane base is sitting at.. no idea why.

When I asked the sales lady if she was given any updates on the slow process she just referenced the rock that they had to dig out.

The site always seems to be full of water as well, and not just after rain. Wonder if lots of underground water coming through be any issue.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2015, 4:26 PM

https://twitter.com/BradJLamb/status/626387175085477888

Good picture of the pit in Brad Lamb's twitter, third deepest excavation in Calgary?

The hole in the middle must be for the elevator base.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2015, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4.audios View Post
Have appointment next week to pick interior finishes. Sweet thing about 6th and ten is I get to mix and match. If anyone remembers the options feel free to give opinion going with the Grey hardwood that has brown seems.. kitchen I'm thinking either grey cabinet with white counter top or white cabinet with black counter top.
How was interior pick appointment?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2015, 9:43 PM

Time to move it to the under construction section

Old Posted Jul 31, 2015, 2:45 AM

This one will be fun to watch rise! Does anyone know of any other names people refer to it as? I want to know its exact hight and the one on Wikipedia that says 31 floors like this thread has another name.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2015, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabello View Post
How was interior pick appointment?
Some minor disappointments but overall I am happy with my choices.

The biggest disappointment for me was the hardwood finishes, I had my mind set on one specific type since I made my purchase and which is now not available. Sales lady said it was because a ton of purchasers were asking for a darkwood option so they switched it out. I think that was BS though they shouldn't be allowed to switch out options they marketed; it was a selling feature to the decision of my purchase. She then tried to sell me on an upgraded finish similar to what I wanted but I'd have pay $3,500 more for.

Went for a lighter beige kind of wood flooring instead. White glossy cabinets with charcoal countertop finish. Bathroom tiling and backsplash I went with greys that have a redish tinge; based on giving the home a warmer cozy type of vibe as opposed to blue tinge greys that would make it feel colder.

The other minor disappointment were that all blinds are an upgrade as well, I had thought they came with the base price.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2015, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4.audios View Post
Some minor disappointments but overall I am happy with my choices.

The biggest disappointment for me was the hardwood finishes, I had my mind set on one specific type since I made my purchase and which is now not available. Sales lady said it was because a ton of purchasers were asking for a darkwood option so they switched it out. I think that was BS though they shouldn't be allowed to switch out options they marketed; it was a selling feature to the decision of my purchase. She then tried to sell me on an upgraded finish similar to what I wanted but I'd have pay $3,500 more for.

Went for a lighter beige kind of wood flooring instead. White glossy cabinets with charcoal countertop finish. Bathroom tiling and backsplash I went with greys that have a redish tinge; based on giving the home a warmer cozy type of vibe as opposed to blue tinge greys that would make it feel colder.

The other minor disappointment were that all blinds are an upgrade as well, I had thought they came with the base price.
Extra $3500 for updgraded hardwood....
Extra for blinds.

Was the purchase price included hardwood?
Is this $3500 upgrade for higher end hardwood?

There are noises about these in Calgary and Ottawa

Just curious, what are other upgrades available?

Old Posted Aug 11, 2015, 3:17 PM

^Yes, purchase price included hardwood, upgrade was for higher end options. Practically all upgrades were for higher end options. Blinds were the only exception, either go with no blinds at no cost or add blinds starting at $1,500. I need to go through my purchase contract and see if I can fight that as I remember blinds were mentioned under 'finishes' with no mention of additional cost to them. Did not feel the need to argue with the sales lady at that point.

The base choices were not bad don't get me wrong I only went for some minor upgrades and am happy with choices, but I guess the finished product will really tell.

It did however feel as if they really try to milk you with upgrades. About every finish has four base options to choose and about six to even eight upgrades available ranging in prices. What I didn't get either is why no discount for switching from a base option to an upgrade. I mean, $3,500 for nicer hardwood, I should get a discount for giving up the base hardwood it comes with.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2015, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabello View Post

Just curious, what are other upgrades available?
To add to this, practically everything.

Hardwood, cabinets, countertop, backsplash, bathroom floor, bathroom walls, kitchen faucets, bathroom faucets, shower head.

And also had the option to add/move/remove lighting, switches, and plugs.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2015, 6:42 PM

Took these today. Also wondering why this thread is still in the proposal section?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2015, 3:48 PM
Editor

Old Posted Aug 18, 2015, 4:36 PM
Editor

My apologies for the wire fence piece in the way of the shot. I didn't notice this when I took the pic.

6th and 10th by Construction Mania, on Flickr

Old Posted Sep 24, 2015, 5:12 PM

Anyone do a visit to the site lately? Wonder how much concrete work as happened, I assume the whole bottom floor slab of concrete could be done by now.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2015, 9:18 PM
Editor

Yup, just passed by there today

6th and 10th by Construction Mania, on Flickr

Old Posted Sep 25, 2015, 9:19 PM
Editor

Old Posted Sep 25, 2015, 9:19 PM
Editor

Old Posted Sep 26, 2015, 1:31 PM

Bumped into the highrise construction subforum.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2015, 4:47 PM

Wow looks like already prepping to pour for the second level on half the site by the crane. Thanks Surreal, really appreciate that.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 2:20 AM
ARTchitecture

Looking good!

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 2:21 AM
ARTchitecture

Beeeep

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive