Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
IT. HAS BEEN. 10. YEARS.
Please lay it to rest.
Also I knew San Fran was small but had no idea it was smaller than a modest bedroom. 49 Sq feet! How they fit over 800, 000 people there is beyond me.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
IT. HAS BEEN. 10. YEARS.
Please lay it to rest.
I'm beginning to think that he went out an had the ACC tattooed on his body and is just completely bitter that it was never actually built.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 2:04 AM

CTC Cafeteria

My main thought is that when I move my office to the CTC in 3 weeks,are they going to have a cafeteria on the level of Ralph’s Cafe at the CC?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 2:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
For me, it’s just a waste of space, and too damn blocky at that!!! The ACC was light years ahead in terms of design and architecture and it still boggles my mind why the ACC was never erected after the Philadelphia City Council approved a measure allowing for supertalls to be built.
Lastly, I was actually hoping that Philadelphia would actually get the ACC built once it was approved, and it seemed seemed like everything was right on track, and the Phillies were contenders and the Flyers made the Stanley Cup in 2010, but it also seems like economically, the city has seemed to lose steam since companies have left Philadelphia and the city hasn’t really grown in comparison to DC and Boston.
For one thing the design for ACC wasn't very well accepted nor praised and still as far as I can tell has never been held up as being a real loss in not being built. And 2ndly, you might remember back in 08 and 09 there was this little hick up in the force, called the great economic collapse that managed to mess up a lot of plans. And lastly if there's some relationship between Philly sports teams and construction of tall buildings, we should be doing pretty good, as I just heard the EAGLES won some important game a few months ago.
But there are certainly many voices wishing that more businesses would call Philly home (Lincoln F. came here from Fort Wayne Ind. stayed for a few years and left, not really that big of a deal, or that many people involved)

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 2:29 AM

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but why is the lantern off on the new Comcast CTC center?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 2:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizative View Post
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but why is the lantern off on the new Comcast CTC center?
Post #8930, I said: Regarding the spire lights, one of my sources said, "I do know for sure that the top four floors are running on temporary power, which has to be switched over. There’s no need for the spire to be lit currently, so I’m sure Roberts doesn’t want to waste the money to have it running on temp power."

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 12:11 PM

They shoulda lit it for the game since all the skyline shots looked weird with the lights just stopping half way up.

They also shoulda made it so it could turn green... just like they shoulda done with CC.

Wasn't there an article that said the owner of CC was getting lights redone and was "considering" color-changing ones?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
For me, it’s just a waste of space, and too damn blocky at that!!! The ACC was light years ahead in terms of design and architecture and it still boggles my mind why the ACC was never erected after the Philadelphia City Council approved a measure allowing for supertalls to be built.
A. Because it was ugly?
B. Because it was shitty?
C. Because it was never a sensible plan?
D. Because they couldn't line up anchor tenants?
E. Because we had a massive recession where the bottom fell out?
F. All of the above?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 2:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
A. Because it was ugly?
B. Because it was shitty?
C. Because it was never a sensible plan?
D. Because they couldn't line up anchor tenants?
E. Because we had a massive recession where the bottom fell out?
F. All of the above?
Mostly C, D, and F.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 2:26 PM

What's the love affair with the ACC? Is it the giant open gap in the middle? Is that really some amazing architectural feature?

Not to say the CTC spire is anything to look at, but the ACC spire IMO was always ugly and reminiscent of a medieval helmet.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottydont View Post
What's the love affair with the ACC? Is it the giant open gap in the middle? Is that really some amazing architectural feature?

Not to say the CTC spire is anything to look at, but the ACC spire IMO was always ugly and reminiscent of a medieval helmet.
I think that it has to do a lot with Philadelphia having such a tall building.
We will get one one day.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 11:18 PM

Look people criticizing those still wishing the ACC got built need to stop living in the past. Making fun of them is getting old. Just get over it and get the hell on with life.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 4:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicPhilly View Post
Look people criticizing those still wishing the ACC got built need to stop living in the past. Making fun of them is getting old. Just get over it and get the hell on with life.
It is entertaining. Ignore it if you don’t like it. As long as someone continues to pound this tired drum, I will point out how out of sync the rhythm is.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 6:00 PM

Just a tiny bit of info on Comcast 3. We know it's happening and where, of course, but yesterday I heard that there will be an imax screen in it, as apparently there is in CTC, and the same vendor that was used for the screen in CTC has already has been contracted for Comcast 3.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
Just a tiny bit of info on Comcast 3. We know it's happening and where, of course, but yesterday I heard that there will be an imax screen in it, as apparently there is in CTC, and the same vendor that was used for the screen in CTC has already has been contracted for Comcast 3.
That's an interesting tidbit for sure. If they're already giving out contracts then they must be pretty far into pre-development.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 6:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
uhh, back up. do we really *know* it is happening and exactly where? I did not see an announcement.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
uhh, back up. do we really *know* it is happening and exactly where? I did not see an announcement.
Yeah man...a screen is great and all but we want the real deets! Where will it be? Who is the architect? How tall?

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksteak View Post
Yeah man...a screen is great and all but we want the real deets! Where will it be? Who is the architect? How tall?
When would also help.

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
That's an interesting tidbit for sure. If they're already giving out contracts then they must be pretty far into pre-development.
Yeah, I thought so as well, which is why I shared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
I mean, there's tons of smoke that it's going to be catty-corner to CTC and the source I was speaking to about it was also under that impression. Hopefully an announcement before 2019??? C'mon Brian Roberts, don't leave us hanging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksteak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
When would also help.
Sadly, I have no info on any of that.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture