HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Confluence in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Denver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 7:59 PM
Stay Thirsty.

Thread bump.

So there is still strong indications that this project will break ground in about two months. There was a backhoe on the site not long ago along with other equipment. The site is idle again now, but it seems something is going on.

And even if it turns out to be nothing and the project is dead in the water, here is a pretty rendering of the tower from another angle:

http://www.pmrg.com/development/mult...verfront-park/[/QUOTE]

Still looking for this to start construction in September.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 5:14 PM
ColoRADo

Project still making way through Development Plan process.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 9:48 PM
ColoRADo

Moderators: Can we get the Title height changed to: 355 FT

Thanks!

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 5:16 PM
ColoRADo

Update thanks to DenverInfill.com

Central Platte Valley: The Confluence Update #3

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 5:59 AM
Denver

Great news!

This is a beautiful project. i love how the entire area surrounding this is 5-10 story midrises and then BOOM this tower.

will really be iconic, right next to riverfront / confluence park

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANSIT View Post
Moderators: Can we get the Title height changed to: 355 FT

Thanks!
It looks like the height will be 370' 5".

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 4:08 PM

Why is the top labeled 470'5"? I see the ground floor is listed at 100'. I almost replied to say you were off by 100 feet, but then realized I read the elevation wrong. Now I'm wondering why they do it that way.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 6:39 PM
ColoRADo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
It looks like the height will be 370' 5".
Interesting. Great news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1138 View Post
Why is the top labeled 470'5"? I see the ground floor is listed at 100'. I almost replied to say you were off by 100 feet, but then realized I read the elevation wrong. Now I'm wondering why they do it that way.
Below grade floors I assume.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANSIT View Post
Below grade floors I assume.
This crossed my mind as well, but 100' would be around 6-10 underground stories depending on ceiling height. I assume this building includes underground parking (since I see no above-ground garage), but 100' down would make that one of the deepest underground garages in town. This would be one hell of a basement, especially considering the high water table at the confluence of two rivers!

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 3:00 PM
ColoRADo

I believe the 100' number is an industry/city standard for elevations.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 3:38 AM

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 6:25 AM
Denver

looks good! not sure if I like the changes they made to the base, but still very nice

Old Posted Nov 8, 2014, 7:11 PM

Old Posted Nov 8, 2014, 9:37 PM
Never Dell

This has been covered in the Denver thread...but what a horrible Downtown rendering.

The renderer (and developer?) must have a suburban mindset. Showing extra lawns and minimizing Downtown is a common theme if you're trying to glorify your project and minimize the rest. But a downtown developer usually wants to glorify Downtown and the immediate neighborhood...make it look like an exciting, luxurious addition to an already urban and exciting place. The big park in the foreground is real, and out to be plenty along with a more realistic view of how urban the area is.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2014, 1:00 AM

I can't get this full article with today's date (12/5/14) because I'm not a subscriber, but does this mean that the building is actually under construction now?

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/pr...nver-high.html

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 2:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denconyny View Post
I can't get this full article with today's date (12/5/14) because I'm not a subscriber, but does this mean that the building is actually under construction now?

I drove by yesterday. Nothing is going on at present other than the site having been cleared. Oh yeah, there is a port-o-potty on the site too.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 11:36 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Dec 10, 2014, 7:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverPoke View Post
I drove by yesterday. Nothing is going on at present other than the site having been cleared. Oh yeah, there is a port-o-potty on the site too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post

Credit: http://denverinfill.com/blog/2014/11...-update-4.html
Does anyone subscribe to the DBJ here? If so, I would wonder if this article here which I referenced earlier

contains within it somewhere past the part that I'm able to access (since I can't read the entirety of the article because I'm not a subscriber) quotes or such from any person of knowledge or such related to this project who says the project is a definite go? Or any other statements in it which are pertinent to confirming that this project is a definite go? Or is it maybe the DBJ getting a bit ahead of itself, that just because the grounds are being cleaned up and now are improved with a sanitation facility, but still somehow The Confluence may not make it out of the ground?

Anyways, with the activity on the ground there, the continuation of dealing with the city's bureaucrats, as well as the DBJ article, I'd think that this project has more than a 50-50 of being realized. The Confluence IMHO, will be a beautiful building, and maybe this will also enliven The Bell Tower project (remember that blast-in-the-past project?) to finally get built as well...... which is one exquisite building that I'd most like to see built (other than maybe some yet unproposed thousand foot plus tall tower).

Also, this other article from the DBJ

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...-american.html

states that a London-based privately held financial firm, which deals in money transfers called WorldRemit (looks like it competes with Western Union, which is also headquartered in the Denver area) will place its North American headquarters in Denver, leasing some 11,126 square feet at 600 17th St. in Denver's downtown. From the article:

"Denver offers the perfect combination of a highly skilled workforce, supportive local authority and idyllic location. The city is already gaining a reputation as a go-to destination for the burgeoning financial tech sector and stealing the thunder of New York and Silicon Valley,"

I'd have to wonder if Denver is a popular go-to destination for these multinational techies maybe because of the voter approved legalized marijuana legislation some couple of years ago? If not really the reason, then this appears rather contrary to those opponents of legalized recreational marijuana who predicted economic catastrophe (oh, and let's not forget that the sky would fall in on us as well here), this certainly shows that corporations are not dissing or avoiding Colorado for this voter approved socially dynamic initiative.

And maybe with some of these new execs in the area, could this tip the scales for the Bell Tower being built?

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 8:45 PM

According to DenverInfill excavation has begun so it looks like this one is officially under construction:

http://denverinfill.com/blog/2014/12...-update-5.html

Old Posted Jan 1, 2015, 6:33 PM

Foundation work has started - December 31, 2014:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive