HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Nov 1, 2023, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH77 View Post
Oh man leave it to these guys to do the pour the day the permit expires lol 😂 but I’m glad it’s getting there! Yea seems like a couple of more smaller things to do. I’ve been convinced they’ve had supply issues with the glass hence their staggered installation. Assuming they get the glass it should only take a couple days to install. Hopefully we’re looking for an end of November completion but I’ll put my money on for December…
I went by site Monday the 30th and sidewalks weren't poured, I was thinking to not even go by yesterday until I saw the forum posts and was relieved to see they made the permit deadline. Definately thinking OP wont be until late November and completions early December. Lets like we can celebrate Christmas together moving into the building... lol

Old Posted Nov 5, 2023, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaxlo View Post
I went by site Monday the 30th and sidewalks weren't poured, I was thinking to not even go by yesterday until I saw the forum posts and was relieved to see they made the permit deadline. Definately thinking OP wont be until late November and completions early December. Lets like we can celebrate Christmas together moving into the building... lol
I’m usually an optimist, but there’s a feeling in my gut that says even Christmas will be a stretch. Visited site again and there was virtually no progress from the previous week’s sidewalk pour. Maybe some work on the plaza and some additional forming but it honestly looked the same as Halloween when I visited last. Why is progress so slow?

Old Posted Nov 5, 2023, 11:39 PM
Wiseguy

Yea these guys really seem to be dragging their feet... like wtf is going on here... also looks like the permit got extended to end of November.

I'm inclined to say we're looking into 2024 at this point folks...

Update: Looking like it's December or the new year for sure. There's labor shortage and they've been working closely with the city on inspections and minor changes/updates. Good news is that all the deficiencies for all the units are completed (so I've been told).

Last edited by BH77; Nov 6, 2023 at 7:33 PM.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2023, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH77 View Post
Yea these guys really seem to be dragging their feet... like wtf is going on here... also looks like the permit got extended to end of November.

I'm inclined to say we're looking into 2024 at this point folks...

Update: Looking like it's December or the new year for sure. There's labor shortage and they've been working closely with the city on inspections and minor changes/updates. Good news is that all the deficiencies for all the units are completed (so I've been told).
Blaming labor shortage is interesting considering my project in Coquitlam is running full steam ahead with tons of workers, no supply chain issues, no labor issues and we are targeting occupancy May 2024... blows my mind the pace of things, I'm going to be making a WhatsApp chat/ FB group for Ovation owners. Feel free to DM me if you'd like to be included.

Edit: If anyone wants see invite link https://chat.whatsapp.com/EBqAullmNzcGlFCRI5CFhb

Last edited by Joshmaxlo; Nov 7, 2023 at 12:22 AM.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 4:51 AM

Fences were put away. I hoped to move before Xmas but it looks like January according to this

https://www.newwestrecord.ca/local-n...tretch-7890765

Old Posted Mar 31, 2024, 2:30 PM

2024-03-28

DSC00657 by Lexus LX600, on Flickr

DSC00658 by Lexus LX600, on Flickr

DSC00659 by Lexus LX600, on Flickr

DSC00660 by Lexus LX600, on Flickr

DSC00662 by Lexus LX600, on Flickr

DSC00663 by Lexus LX600, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 2:40 AM

From BC Housing twitter April 12th:

Performing Arts Lodge that's part of the Ovation project:

Celebrating the opening of 66 new affordable rentals for people from B.C.'s performing arts industry. Thank you to @CMHC_ca @palvancouver and Vintop Development for coming #Together4Housing!
https://twitter.com/BC_Housing/statu...46292984144360

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley