HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One57 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 4:33 PM

Stunning photos.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 11:34 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 5:38 PM

It was hard to see in the dark as I walked by last night, but it appeared most of the crane cab is now removed.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 2:48 AM

any crane pics of the dismantle?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 5:59 PM
BANNED

The more and more I try to like this building, the less and less I do.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 7:03 PM

Is it just me or is this glass moving incredibly slow? I love the design, but it seems to be moving quite slowly.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2013, 7:44 AM

No more glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyToNYC View Post
Is it just me or is this glass moving incredibly slow? I love the design, but it seems to be moving quite slowly.
It would seem they've fitted all the glass that already had been lifted onto each floor prior to the storm hitting which mangled the jib. Without a viable crane everything comes to a standstill.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2013, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynrdzynr View Post
It would seem they've fitted all the glass that already had been lifted onto each floor prior to the storm hitting which mangled the jib. Without a viable crane everything comes to a standstill.
So will they be puting up another crane or not?

Old Posted Mar 11, 2013, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Yeah, and as I've said, I don't know that they aren't doing anything about it, and neither do you. Why don't you contact the company to find out where they are
in the process as it obviously concerns you.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...5bXUzyDWLDlBNN

Floored
The best-laid plan, indeed

By MAX GROSS
February 26, 2013

Oh, sure! $34M+ is great for this awesome pad if money grew on trees. Who the bloody hell could afford to pay this? C'mon! Get real!

Old Posted Mar 11, 2013, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormkingfan View Post
Oh, sure! $34M+ is great for this awesome pad if money grew on trees. Who the bloody hell could afford to pay this? C'mon! Get real!
According to Knight Frank, a real estate firm, there are approximately 2,200 people in the world with a net worth of over $1 billion, all of whom could easily afford such an apartment. And there are an estimated 189,835 people with a net worth of at least $30 million, most of whom could probably get close.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2013, 7:26 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormkingfan View Post
Welcome to the real world (and Manhattan), where people have money to spend on things you've never dreamed of.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2013, 7:47 PM

Another crane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURKEY427 View Post
So will they be putting up another crane or not?
Have you read the previous page?
As I anticipated immediately after the storm it seems they're putting a stiff-leg on the roof to repair the jump crane.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2013, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynrdzynr View Post
Have you read the previous page?
As I anticipated immediately after the storm it seems they're putting a stiff-leg on the roof to repair the jump crane.
I was talking about after they have taken the collapsed crane and the other crane down to get materials such as glass to the roof.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 3:54 AM

I fully expect them to use the stiff-leg to lift all the modules of a new jib (and any other necessary parts) to repair the jump crane. It will then be used to finish lifting materials to each floor as required. At the end of the job it will be able to lower itself.

Last edited by fynrdzynr; Mar 12, 2013 at 3:55 AM. Reason: improved syntax

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 9:05 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Welcome to the real world (and Manhattan), where people have money to spend on things you've never dreamed of.
-
I consider any of those properties to be a waste of money, regardless of how much money someone might have. But how can any of us complain if we get a better skyline out of it?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2013, 7:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
-
I consider any of those properties to be a waste of money, regardless of how much money someone might have.
Well, what you consider a waste, others might consider a must have. If there were no market for it, these types of properties wouldn't do well at all. But you would probably be surprised on what things some may consider wasteful for you.

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/03/...arket-at-120m/

Pierre hotel penthouse could top market at $120M

March 13, 2013

Quote:

The co-op apartment of Martin Zweig, the late investor who predicted the 1987 stock market crash, is about to hit the market and could bring $120 million or more, a source told the New York Post.

The 12,000-square-foot triplex penthouse is in the Pierre hotel at 795 Fifth Avenue. Its features include nine bedrooms, four terraces, six fireplaces, heated marble floors and a “grand salon” — a cavernous former hotel ballroom with a 23-foot ceilings.

If the apartment lists for $120 million, it would be New York City’s most expensive listing.
Right now, there are two listings for $95 million each — one at the Sherry Netherland and the other at 15 Central Park West.

This tower has made news for it's penthouse listings, but it's hardly alone.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 10:58 PM
New Yorker for life

( March 14, 2013 )

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 3:52 AM

Quote:
But you would probably be surprised on what things some may consider wasteful for you.
I'm pretty frugal, so this hypothetical person would probably be hectoring someone else.

-

If people want to spend a fortune in New York it is a good thing for all of us. Some people just don't get that.

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 7:56 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
I'm pretty frugal, so this hypothetical person would probably be hectoring someone else.
Like I said, you'd be surprised.

People have always spent money in Manhattan. It's the place to spend more, that's why it's such a safe bet to the people who will invest in all of the luxury apartments that are being built. It's why you won't see a building like this going up in, for example, Buffalo.

seejordan

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 15, 2013 at 8:44 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive