HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 11:51 AM

In addition to the 19 & 25-story office towers, Brandywine also has a proposed 8-story Broadmoor office building for lease on CBRE. But there are no specific renderings for it - just a generic Broadmoor vision rendering. The listed availability dates indicate the the 8-story building will be completed first (2022).

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 9:13 PM

Last edited by murfnut; Aug 20, 2019 at 7:50 PM.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 8:14 PM

Domain Towers Via Drone.

[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h38NKm][/url]untitled (7 of 8) by partyboyrrock, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h39vdB][/url]untitled (6 of 8) by partyboyrrock, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h39vjy][/url]untitled (3 of 8) by partyboyrrock, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 8:33 PM

Love it! Would love to see more drone pictures around the area if you can!

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 8:33 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

What's all that white stuff on the ground? Looks like snow but can't be considering the time of year lol.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 9:28 PM

That nasty water looks like it might also be a retention pond, maybe just a water feature begging for a cleanup and a fountain, but if its neither, they could pump it out and fill it in the future and use it for further development when the Domain is built out in a few years.
I would rather see it framed with some sort of board walk or walking paths, cleaned up, add a fountain and some Koi. And yeah, all that limestone dust does look like snow. Great pics btw. I would love to see an overhead looking towards the soccer stadium site that shows the proximity to the Domain. Love the shot with downtown in the background. Austin is flat enough to see landmarks for miles.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
What's all that white stuff on the ground? Looks like snow but can't be considering the time of year lol.
limestone dust or dirt maybe?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
That nasty water looks like it might also be a retention pond, maybe just a water feature begging for a cleanup and a fountain, but if its neither, they could pump it out and fill it in the future and use it for further development when the Domain is built out in a few years.
I would rather see it framed with some sort of board walk or walking paths, cleaned up, add a fountain and some Koi. And yeah, all that limestone dust does look like snow. Great pics btw. I would love to see an overhead looking towards the soccer stadium site that shows the proximity to the Domain. Love the shot with downtown in the background. Austin is flat enough to see landmarks for miles.
As do we all. It would be a good place for a park if they would clean up that retention pond. Sadly its been green everytime I have went for pictures over the past few years.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Unlikely they'd be able to just fill it in (it's likely required detention for big storm events).

Possibly change it to a more structured water detention (cap it).

Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 3:55 PM

As Nova mentioned before, Burnet+Breaker is going to be an early out intersection next year as a part of the Corridor project. It'll also include Burnet+2222.

Burnet and Braker (5 new lanes)
-Install dual left turn lanes on all 4 approaches
-Add new right turn only lane on Braker WB

Burnet and Braker (5 new lanes)
-Add new right turn only lane on 2222 WB
-Add new right turn only lane on 2222 EB

Click to enlarge:

Last edited by freerover; Aug 22, 2019 at 4:16 PM.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 4:28 PM

Brandywine filed a new site plan for a Broadmoor apartment building with structured parking. There are no building specifics yet, and I don't know if this is part of the ~3,000 apartments already included in their June preliminary plan filing.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/web/perm...ertyrsn=760258

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Brandywine filed a new site plan for a Broadmoor apartment building with structured parking. There are no building specifics yet, and I don't know if this is part of the ~3,000 apartments already included in their June preliminary plan filing.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/web/perm...ertyrsn=760258

Does this take advantage of their recent rezone? IIRC, the new metro train station has to be funded and maybe even under construction before they can build. Nova, you remember?

EDIT: I found the relevant section. I have no idea who this proposal relates:

Quote:
The Property shall be developed according to the commercial mixed use (CMU) subdistrict regulations, unless a Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Cap Metro) Commuter Rail Station is proposed arid construction commenced. Upon issuance to the contractor of a notice to proceed for the construction of a Cap Metro Commuter Rail Station on or adjacent to the Property, the Property may be developed in compliance with transit oriented development (TOD) Gateway zoning subdistrict regulations.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerover View Post
Does this take advantage of their recent rezone? IIRC, the new metro train station has to be funded and maybe even under construction before they can build. Nova, you remember?

EDIT: I found the relevant section. I have no idea who this proposal relates:
I'm assuming that as long as this building is within the prior (really current until there's a station) zoning, it doesn't really matter for them.

For Broadmore, looks like that was 120 feet (without bonuses)/180 feet (with bonuses).

Same thing with the FAR (the other thing the TOD zoning gives them) this building presumably still fits within the current 3:1 (with bonus), then when the station is there and the new zoning goes into effect, they can use the reset of the FAR allowance on other new buildings.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 12:22 AM

I was over by the Domain and took some pictures. UPDATE: Here's the link to the rest of the photos https://imgur.com/a/a7P2weZ

Poverty Siding! It's not just for downtown.

They are moving fast with the construction. Also, the toxic pond.

Here is a view of the whole dang thing:

The IBM Campus at Broadmoor is bigger than it looks from the street.

And here are a couple for Murfnut:

I have a bunch more but I haven't sorted through them yet. I'll update this post with a link once I get them all posted.

Last edited by AusTxDevelopment; Sep 2, 2019 at 4:45 PM.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 1:06 AM

Very nice. Domain towers are just as confusing to keep track of as West Campus towers. But based on that last aerial it looks like site prep for the Bowen (23-story residential) and Domain IV (319' office) has started.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 1:40 AM

Yep nice pics. I’m always amazed at how high drones can go. You’re in low-flying Cessna territory, looks like.

Also — so many ornamental trees are going to die when Broadmoor finally starts in earnest.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 1:51 AM

Really nice pics ATD. 3rd one really shows how constricted the Domain is by all those road boundaries. Assuming the actual Domain remains within the confines of those boundaries and not spread out beyond the confines, it won't take long for it to be built out, once Bldg 045 is demolished and that site redeveloped. Not taking anything away from the pics, they are awesome, but they left me feeling rather underwhelmed regarding the Domain as a whole. It doesn't resemble a 2nd downtown, its more like a 2nd Warehouse district. And all the winding midways at the Texas State Fairgrounds look more copacetic than this place.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 8:07 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post

Also — so many ornamental trees are going to die when Broadmoor finally starts in earnest.
I really hope they save those trees. It may be more expensive but they can move them. Can't get any better than mature trees for shade. They look like Eastern Red Cedars to me along with Bald Cypress.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTxDevelopment View Post
I was over by the Domain and took some pictures.

Poverty Siding! It's not just for downtown.

They are moving fast with the construction. Also, the toxic pond.

Here is a view of the whole dang thing:

The IBM Campus at Broadmoor is bigger than it looks from the street.

And here are a couple for Murfnut:

I have a bunch more but I haven't sorted through them yet. I'll update this post with a link once I get them all posted.
great pictures. The height does make it seem they were taken from a plane

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
Yep nice pics. I’m always amazed at how high drones can go. You’re in low-flying Cessna territory, looks like.
It does go high but that's partly an illusion. Both of the pictures below were taken at the same height. The first one looking straight down, and the second one is at an oblique angle that includes the horizon. The second one looks higher up, but it's not.

My drone is a DJI so it's Geo-fenced meaning in unrestricted zones, my drone will max out 1,600 feet high. The actual drone can go higher, but the software stops it and I'm not smart enough to hack the software. Do it wrong or get caught and it bricks your bird. I can't afford that. In restricted zones, the software stops it at 300 feet, and in no-fly zones, the software stops it from taking off at all.

1,600 feet looking straight down:

1,600 feet looking toward the horizon at an oblique angle. I'm over a mile away from the IBM campus:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin