HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumz0rz View Post
Imagine having to demolish this tower in ~50-70 years. That'll be quite the project!
Was it necessary to troll like this? I guarantee this building shalt not suffer ED in 50-70 years, or even 150 years.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 3:00 AM

Took these today! First time seeing this in person, and I must say, it's height can only really be appreciated from a distance, up close it's too tall that you can't really put things in perspective many more photos to come in the next few days!

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 4:46 AM
Walk taker

Nothing makes this tower stand out quite like a cloudy day -

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 3:00 PM
West bench livin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
I love this building more and more... but I gotta ask! What is the cool building under construction in the foreground - the incomplete pyramidal-type building along the river with a chunk out of the middle?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcntry View Post
I love this building more and more... but I gotta ask! What is the cool building under construction in the foreground - the incomplete pyramidal-type building along the river with a chunk out of the middle?
625 W 57th St.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
The height is great, but other than that, I think it looks like a federal department HQ in the sky. It's seriously that imaginative. Also, It's the height of selfishness in a tower. A tower for rich people where all the beauty will be hidden on the inside, yet giving very little back to the city's average citizens (other than height and skyscraper fans). It takes all it can and gives nothing back. I'm taking about taking space and light away here folks yet offering little beauty to the street. The average Joe won't care about whether it's 400m and whatnot, they will see this cold featureless face of concrete and glass looming over taking up more light and air, then offering little for the eye to appreciate. This is architecture from the 60's spruced up and sold as Roman, Classical, or some other hogwash to rope in all the pundits. Sooner or later this tower will be age and begin to look hideous. This will be a considered a mistake, just like the Barbican in London is a "what were they thinking" building today for the average resident.

It's a cold grey concrete shoulder offered to the plebs on the street, but a warm inviting interior for the .001 percent driving up in their limos. Shame on the developer. And to think he compared this to some old Roman style of architecture. Sorry Mr, but this is more like the State Department in DC on steroids than the Forum in Rome.
I have to agree.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 5:16 PM
Ex Houstonian

The verdict is out for me still on this tower. Its so freaking tall but it sticks out like a sore thumb and really is quite boring looking. Even though I think glass is overdone, I think it would have looked a lot better as a super tall shiny glass tower.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
The verdict is out for me still on this tower. Its so freaking tall but it sticks out like a sore thumb and really is quite boring looking. Even though I think glass is overdone, I think it would have looked a lot better as a super tall shiny glass tower.
Well you'll soon be able to see and compare:

125 Greenwich St

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 11:28 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself! Vinoly is a hack, and Macklowe is a philistine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue
The height is great, but other than that, I think it looks like a federal department HQ in the sky. It's seriously that imaginative. Also, It's the height of selfishness in a tower. A tower for rich people where all the beauty will be hidden on the inside, yet giving very little back to the city's average citizens (other than height and skyscraper fans). It takes all it can and gives nothing back. I'm taking about taking space and light away here folks yet offering little beauty to the street. The average Joe won't care about whether it's 400m and whatnot, they will see this cold featureless face of concrete and glass looming over taking up more light and air, then offering little for the eye to appreciate. This is architecture from the 60's spruced up and sold as Roman, Classical, or some other hogwash to rope in all the pundits. Sooner or later this tower will be age and begin to look hideous. This will be a considered a mistake, just like the Barbican in London is a "what were they thinking" building today for the average resident.

It's a cold grey concrete shoulder offered to the plebs on the street, but a warm inviting interior for the .001 percent driving up in their limos. Shame on the developer. And to think he compared this to some old Roman style of architecture. Sorry Mr, but this is more like the State Department in DC on steroids than the Forum in Rome.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 12:45 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Its so freaking tall but it sticks out like a sore thumb and really is quite boring looking.

Ahh, you say it's "boring looking" and "sticks out like a sore thumb". I would say the latter is the price to pay of many supertalls, which by definition "stick out like sore thumbs".

But not to worry, because that is being remedied as we speak...

Behold the future skyline:

cityrealty_nyc

As far as being boring, well, you have yet to see the full reveal of the tower. Stick around.

Video Link

Anthony Miuccio

http://www.emporis.com/images/list/b...k-city-ny-usa2

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Nov 7, 2014 at 1:01 AM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 3:48 AM

Is that completed? Did they topped it out yet?

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Is that completed? Did they topped it out yet?
Topped out, not completed.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 3:07 PM
West bench livin'

Quote:
Thank you drumz0rz!

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
my god.. is 1 Vanderbilt really going to be that massive? it looks huge! I would love to see this mockup from Jersey looking East. when can we reasonably expect all, or most of these to be complete? 2025?

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 5:04 PM

Most of those towers will be built by 2020 assuming no external events prevent that from happening. 1 Vanderbilt almost seems like an foregone conclusion even though it is a ways from permitting (hopefully the turd who owns GCT doesn't interfere top much). 15 Penn Plaza is still very much a preliminary proposal and 2WTC has gained little public attention as of now. The other towers in this diagram are all either being built or are in the late stages of proposals. I imagine the midtown rezoning will add a few more, too.

Either way, the NYC skyline will be vastly different by 2020.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 6:43 PM

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Wow... Very very nice.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 9:45 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Imagine all of those towers with the view that is presented in post #7036.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2014, 1:33 AM
New Yorker for life

You see, it's starts with one tower. Then the skyline catches up.

(and you don't even get the Hudson Yards with this one)

cityrealty_nyc

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2014, 2:24 AM
don't *meddle*...

432 Park Avenue single-handedly transformed the Midtown skyline. I can't wait for the other towers to join in on the action.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive