HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Nov 22, 2022, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myBrain View Post
Ah makes sense, thanks.

Many of the projects are blurred out, e.g. Waterline and the Republic - this looks intentional. Anyone know of a way to see the original diagram?

They are blurred out due to legal reasons that weren't specified, but it must have been significant to implement the change. The easiest way to see the non-blurry drawings is to create an account with a Skyscraperpage.com login (note: this is different from your forum log-in account).

It is outlined here by Dylan:
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=251377

----------------------------------------

If you don't want to create another account, and you are on a computer you can also do the following:

1. Open the image of the building you want to see unblurred by clicking the "Building Page" for that image.

2. Click F12 on your keyboard and do a "Ctrl+F" for the word "blurred" in the screen that appears.

3. Delete the word "blurred" from the text and hit enter. This should make the drawing visible. For example:

This: https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/...red/105401.gif

would become this: https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/images/105401.gif

Old Posted Nov 22, 2022, 10:18 PM

Thanks Bobby!

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 6:39 PM

Is $10 night / weekend parking the cheapest in the downtown core?

This better not be $10/hr. Lavaca Plaza sometimes has a sign out advertising $3 parking but it's $3/20 min. That's not very nice.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 9:30 PM

Dude, I was legit walking around downtown YESTERDAY and had the same thought!

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 11:27 PM

I would say $10 is a good price. From what I've noticed, most parking garages are $15-20 for a night out.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 12:52 AM

Before the Hobby Building was fenced off you were able to park underground for free (though there were times they’d charged for parking during some holidays or SXSW). We called it the gayrage.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 5:54 AM

Back in the day I lived at the Railyard, and you could park at 301 congress for $5 on weekend nights. The ticket that the machine gave you would then work indefinitely. So my poor roommates that didn't have permanent parking would always put their car in there for $5 and try to go as long as possible without driving anywhere to really milk that one-time fee.

The other spot that was golden if you could get it was the alley between the Railyard and what is today the Whitley. Back then there were a few places you could legally-ish park a car there 24/7 for free.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/8E2gAAotR1VEb5pR8

It was a much simpler downtown back then!

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 5:53 PM

Given that most of us here think this building has waaaaay too much parking (myself included) I'm glad to see that these posts about parking will live on in this building's SSP thread.

Night traffic is so much better now that people aren't cruising around looking for free parking. When I moved DT 20+ years ago I'd sit on my balcony and see the same cars driving around in circles and traffic on 5th backed up towards Lamar.

Of course old Austin complained when Republic Square was turned back into a park in the 50s and was no longer a parking lot

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfes View Post
Given that most of us here think this building has waaaaay too much parking (myself included) I'm glad to see that these posts about parking will live on in this building's SSP thread.
If I recall correctly, this building was actually conceived of as a parking garage before it was an office building. In that sense, we are very lucky that they at least put a halfway decent looking building on top of that garage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfes View Post
Night traffic is so much better now that people aren't cruising around looking for free parking. When I moved DT 20+ years ago I'd sit on my balcony and see the same cars driving around in circles and traffic on 5th backed up towards Lamar.
I feel like they should raise the meter rates for this reason. The meters are a much better deal than the various garages, and such it can take a lot of circling to find an open meter.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2023, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertowelroll View Post
If I recall correctly, this building was actually conceived of as a parking garage before it was an office building. In that sense, we are very lucky that they at least put a halfway decent looking building on top of that garage!
Wow I can't believe anyone would consider creating just a parking garage on land downtown. And building itself does look pretty good atop that pedestal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertowelroll View Post
I feel like they should raise the meter rates for this reason. The meters are a much better deal than the various garages, and such it can take a lot of circling to find an open meter.
Agreed! And I think there was an increase recently.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin