HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 5, 2011, 7:36 PM

ummm... wow!
Just makes me wanna be there. Wish I could- this'd be my first place to visit. Heck, by the time i ever get to ny, it'll all be completed.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2011, 10:19 PM

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
A bit off topic, but I really need to say this... The World Financial Center has got to be one of the most handsome and stellar high-rise developments in the world. All of the buildings are amazing on their own; clean sleek and modern, and they all work so well together. A most excellent "foreground" for the WTC complex.

I love the WFC complex!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 12:50 AM

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
A bit off topic, but I really need to say this... The World Financial Center has got to be one of the most handsome and stellar high-rise developments in the world. All of the buildings are amazing on their own; clean sleek and modern, and they all work so well together. A most excellent "foreground" for the WTC complex.

I love the WFC complex!
The think the land for WFC was from the WTC site dig in the 60s.
I like the blue glass thats going up on 1 WTC and the other towers. They will stand out from the other buildings! Also this shot really shows how many floors taller it is then 7 WTC and how close to the Beekman towers height it's getting.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 2:42 AM

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 4:12 AM

Quote:

I love the WFC complex!
Yes, I'm pleased with how the overall composition is already turning out. They are new spectacular buildings, yet they are "meant to be" with their surroundings. They'll integrate perfectly into the skyline.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 5:20 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
and in bigger size: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2653/...1057e295_o.jpg

god, i'm in awe of NY's skymass.
Every single time I see a phenomenal photo such as this, I just think "Imagine this view in 15 years."

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 9:53 AM

Quote:

I love the WFC complex!
I'm in absolute agreement with that, great point

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 2:48 PM

Oh I hate the WFC design, it looks so tacky. I can't believe that was the best they could do in the 80s. But your right that it make be fitting in the foreground to these towers, that I might agree on.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 3:15 PM

^^ I'll agree with you there. I like the shape, and the layout, but the look is cheap. At least that awful colour it was when they built it has faded a bit, looks a bit more appealing. But oh well.
Look's like ny set for good weather atm. Let's get this thing up! I can't wait to see it really standing out amongst everything!
Reflections off of it are nice too.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 3:19 PM
Grand is Golden!

I like to view the World Financial Center as a "gateway". When you look at the Lower Manhattan Skyline, you see the WFC first, and then it draws your eye to it. From there, it signals your eye that something is bigger behind it. When your eye moves from the WFC upward, you see the gigantic Twin Towers rise above it.

That's how I view it when I go to Lower Manhattan. Hopefully when the new WTC towers are built, they create the same feeling and view.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 4:06 PM

The WFC was definitely designed with the twin towers in mind, so now that they're gone, we're left with squat looking 80s pomo. GS helped to restore some of that context, and when the rest of the WTC is finished I'm sure they'll look fine again.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 4:24 PM

Pics from June 5.

BlueVoter

in.formed

marc.flores

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 5:02 PM
Ω

It looks great next to WTC7. Can't wait to see how they clad those venilation buildings. The memorial looks awesome.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 5:25 PM
Twin Towers crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaarkson View Post
The WFC was definitely designed with the twin towers in mind, so now that they're gone, we're left with squat looking 80s pomo. GS helped to restore some of that context, and when the rest of the WTC is finished I'm sure they'll look fine again.
Man, I've never though I'm gonna agree on something with you, but now I do. The WFC buildings are well designed, but they are designed to show something even bigger. I think a complete 1WTC will be enough to restore their original role
America and New York deserve to have twin towers again! I am boldly resisting the twin towers taboo enforcers - a.k.a. the bullies who harass folks on this forum just because they have different opinions than these bullies do!
Recipe for the best syrup in the world:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=191318

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
Pics from June 5.

BlueVoter
simply one of the best shot of the glass i have ever seen. it's crazy! almost looks photoshopped

and regarding the WFC, they're pretty nice, but i don't like they way they were positioned, and the fact that they can look a bit out of place on the lower manhattan skyline,

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 8:25 PM
Seek The Upward Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw5710 View Post
I like the blue glass thats going up on 1 WTC and the other towers.
I don't think the glass is blue - it's just reflecting the sky. THIS is blue glass:

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1871/dsc02203j.jpg

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 11:37 PM

OMG, this building already looks awesome! It will be much nicer than the original WTC.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2011, 12:24 AM
Because I'm Clever!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive