HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 3:46 PM

I don't know. Even though only 10 floors, it's such a massive project.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Thanks for the updates Shadowbat! Can't wait till this is open!

I believe they said they would start this summer! Wish Spruce Street Harbor Park was permanent!
Hey! Didn't you say something somewhere that the callowhill/wawa location cap building was gonna be presented on tuesday? Where is it? Does it look good? Do we have more details?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 2:00 PM

Maybe once this development is finished someone will actually repair the wrought iron fence across the street that keeps people from falling into the police parking lot hole there. There has been a hideous (and dangerous), out of scale chain-link 'patch' there for years and years. I couldn't get Philly 311 to do anything about it.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9625..._KnCgZCPrQ!2e0

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techchallenger View Post
Maybe once this development is finished someone will actually repair the wrought iron fence across the street that keeps people from falling into the police parking lot hole there. There has been a hideous (and dangerous), out of scale chain-link 'patch' there for years and years. I couldn't get Philly 311 to do anything about it.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9625..._KnCgZCPrQ!2e0
There is actually another apartment building proposal to cover up that hole. It's know as 2100 Hamilton by Cross Properties. We should be seeing renderings soon. It could range from 7-11 floors. I just reported on it and they just met with the LSNA.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 1:33 AM

Wistar Institute Fox Tower in University City complete

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Wistar Institute Fox Tower in University City complete
Your picture does a nice job highlighting the biggest issue with this building. The entrance to the building is this small little nook of a door all the way to frame right. It almost feels like a tiny afterthought. Meanwhile, prominently displayed at the bow of the ship is that huge garage door. Maybe they expect a lot of A-List celebrities/speakers that need the security?

Otherwise the materials are very nice.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Your picture does a nice job highlighting the biggest issue with this building. The entrance to the building is this small little nook of a door all the way to frame right. It almost feels like a tiny afterthought. Meanwhile, prominently displayed at the bow of the ship is that huge garage door. Maybe they expect a lot of A-List celebrities/speakers that need the security?

Otherwise the materials are very nice.
It's definitely a huge improvement over the building that was there before. Looking at the last building, there was a loading dock in between it and the older Wistar building to the East. I think they just moved the loading dock down a little and put a garage door on it to conceal it.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9508...k16x2FnHsw!2e0

It makes sense. They need to bring materials into the building someway, since this is first and foremost a research center, and they cannot do it from behind the building because behind it is all greenspace/Woodland Walk, etc.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 7:13 PM

Quote:
It's definitely a huge improvement over the building that was there before. Looking at the last building, there was a loading dock in between it and the older Wistar building to the East. I think they just moved the loading dock down a little and put a garage door on it to conceal it.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9508...k16x2FnHsw!2e0

It makes sense. They need to bring materials into the building someway, since this is first and foremost a research center, and they cannot do it from behind the building because behind it is all greenspace/Woodland Walk, etc.
Glad you posted that link--kind of a blast from the past for me. I was at Penn when that was being built. Typical '70s "aesthetic" (using that term VERY loosely). Yech!

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 7:23 PM

I'm so not excited for AQ Rittenhouse. My design snobbery is definitely showing its age.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 10:24 PM

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 3:20 PM

SouthStar Lofts is finally installing the light sculpture and subway canopy. My pics from this morning.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 4:31 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

After many years in limbo, work started today on the Lincoln on the 1200 block of Locust! Wooo!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post
After many years in limbo, work started today on the Lincoln on the 1200 block of Locust! Wooo!
Great news.

Project HOME already fenced off and under construction at 9th & Arch. That was quick.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro Burnham View Post
Great news.

Project HOME already fenced off and under construction at 9th & Arch. That was quick.
Wow nice! It's just the small lot between the parking garage and underground parking ramp correct?

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Wow nice! It's just the small lot between the parking garage and underground parking ramp correct?
Yeah... that's what I saw this weekend too. Just west of the garage and east of the underground ramp.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 2:24 PM

Who celebrates this?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 2:53 PM

Proposal for a decent sized apartment complex on Main Street Manayunk. Looks to be about 8 floors or so at it's tallest

http://planphilly.com/articles/2014/...er-main-street

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconboy007 View Post
Three floors? I can't tell if this is 15th and Walnut or the 1100 Block of Chestnut. 15th and Walnut will only be 3 floors, but it will be a retail complex and will be pretty tall (about 90 feet tall).
http://www.clemensconstruction.com/p...idwood-retail/

The 1100 Block of Chestnut will be 6-7 floors.
http://www.clemensconstruction.com/p...st-apartments/

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Proposal for a decent sized apartment complex on Main Street Manayunk. Looks to be about 8 floors or so at it's tallest

http://planphilly.com/articles/2014/...er-main-street
I'm a member of the civic that is trying to throw a wrench in this plan and it's annoying as all hell. They shoot everything down because of parking, Brent Celek tried to build some houses on a filthy lot and had eat $hit from a little old lady about parking. It was pretty funny to watch though.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 5:28 PM

Quote:
The 1100 Block of Chestnut will be 6-7 floors.
http://www.clemensconstruction.com/p...st-apartments/
I really like the way this has the feel of three separate narrower buildings. Narrow street fronts make for a much better pedestrian feel. This fits in nicely with the White building to the West. I'd love to see more projects like this in the Market East area.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development