HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 7:32 PM

What does undeveloped roadway deduction mean? It’s like 70% of the site

Old Posted Apr 24, 2024, 4:47 PM

Think it's Dedication and not Deduction. The few times I've seen similar items pop up outside of downtown, these were dedications for roadways that were either planned but never building, or were removed previously. It's a cumbersom process to reintegrate them into the building parcel, but generally that can be done.

In this case, I'd expect it's land that could be buildable but will carry some additional legal / property definitions to make available. I'm not aware of any plans for 1st to fork at that location in the future that would require it to be maintained (or past alignments, but don't know the history there without fiving into historic photos or something).

Old Posted Today, 2:48 PM

New 24-Story Tower to Enhance Phoenix's Urban Landscape

Aspirant Development is set to transform the southwest corner of Central Avenue and McDowell Road in Phoenix with a new 24-story apartment tower, featuring 320 luxury units and an L-shaped design that incorporates ground-floor retail and restaurant spaces. Purchased from Donnelley Financial Solutions for $13 million, this 3.3-acre site, near attractions like the Phoenix Art Museum, will start construction in the first quarter of 2025 and is expected to be completed in about two years. The development plans include attracting a specialty grocer as a major retail tenant, alongside mid- to high-end dining options, enhancing the area's urban appeal and residential options.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...m/73456469007/

Old Posted Today, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxjack View Post
I think downtown is trendy enough for a whole foods

Its nice to see newer proposals upping their design a bit compared to the towers that have gone up a couple years back. Central Station, Rey, Palm all look much better than link etc

However what's with the east/west facing. With nice city and mountain views north and south and minimizing the sun especially on the west face seems crazy to me not to turn this tower 90%

Old Posted Today, 3:09 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I think downtown is trendy enough for a whole foods

Its nice to see newer proposals upping their design a bit compared to the towers that have gone up a couple years back. Central Station, Rey, Palm all look much better than link etc

However what's with the east/west facing. With nice city and mountain views north and south and minimizing the sun especially on the west face seems crazy to me not to turn this tower 90%
I think this is to reduce the impact on the neighbors to the southwest, and that wider part of the lot isn't that deep anyways. Having some column free space and a physically more separate building might help the retail lease or better. Retail around here seems to have always done well.

Old Posted Today, 4:08 PM
Modulator

Finally, something to be proud of at the McDowell/Central intersection. That intersection should be so much more than it is. Looking forward to this development.

Old Posted Today, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Finally, something to be proud of at the McDowell/Central intersection. That intersection should be so much more than it is. Looking forward to this development.
That CVS gots to go

Old Posted Today, 6:30 PM

CVS goes to make room for more housing and restaurants!!!

I act at The Phoenix Theatre Company, and it is always great to have more dining/drinking options for audience members. TPTC has a great bar and restaurant inside, but more options rock!!!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest